Time Attack Car Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2009, 01:23 AM
cossie01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time Attack Car Stolen

On behalf of russ@wallaceperformance.co.uk

At 7pm this evening, my Icelle Blue Evo VI, reg no H15 CRP was stolen from the Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC car park.
Externally the car looks standard apart from silver Evo VIII Enkei wheels and one piece headlights. There are no graphics on the car at present (other than a few small wallaceperformance stickers), the only time attack giveaway is a scrutineering slip inside the front screen.

There are a huge amount of other identifying part though, so please be aware if you see it or are offered any parts - Forged 4G64 2.4, black AMS inlet manifold and fuel rail, PE 1000cc injectors, AEM fuel reg, bosch 044 fuel pump, ETS HTA35R turbo kit (3 days old!!!), Greddy intercooler, modified blitz nur spec exhaust, Ohlins R&T, black AP 6 pot fronts, 2x twin SPA gauges, Power FC with hand commander on display, black AVC-R, glove box pc with single din touchscreen monitor and digital TV tuner, LM1 wideband kit, aquamist water injection, racetech 40 battery, one-off intercooler pipework, cusco braces ( top upper and rear upper 3 points, boot floor brace, lower 2 point and lower 5 point), ingalls stiffy, RS rear diff, metallic blue rocker cover with breather set up and cusco can, coil-on-plug, ralliart mat set including boot mat (boot also had some tools and an LM1 case and kit in it) MLR front and rear black seat cover set etc etc etc!!
I'm sure there is more that I've forgotten about, but I'll add to this when I can.

I've owned this car for around 5 years and put a huge amount of time into it and over 100k miles on it. It would mean alot to me if I could get it back.
As I said, any help greatly appreciated.

Please either contact Russ or Solihull Police.

Thanks.

See link below

Time Attack car stolen - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Last edited by cossie01; 10 January 2009 at 01:24 AM.
Old 10 January 2009, 01:32 AM
G-string
Scooby Regular

Thieving b@st=rds hope they get caught and the car is returned.
Old 10 January 2009, 02:17 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

Evo's might be the old skool rival on the tarmac but anything with that amount of time, effort, money and passion into it earns its own respect regardless .... absolutely gutted for him

If it appears down this way ..... how many pieces you want the little pr*cks back in?
Old 10 January 2009, 08:30 AM
Boyakasha
Scooby Regular

No way, what a nightmare. Hope Russ gets it back.
Old 10 January 2009, 08:37 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

bttt gutted for you russ
Old 10 January 2009, 08:42 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats so bad!!! Feckin scumbags will break it for spares if they get the chance, far too well known to re sell. Good luck gettin it back Russ
Old 10 January 2009, 08:42 AM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Gutted for him

Ive posted on all the Jap car clubs sites i go on
Old 10 January 2009, 08:43 AM
amego
Scooby Regular

eyes open bestards
Old 10 January 2009, 09:03 AM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

No doubt it'll be in some lock up in Alum Rock, unfortunately waiting to be stripped..

For those who don't know Birmingham, Alum Rock is one of the top 3 **** ends of the ****y and a hot spot of stolen takers and breakers. Organised and well know to the police, the problem is the police are ****e scared to go in, in case they start a race riot..!
Old 10 January 2009, 09:32 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Hope you get it back as there is obviously a lot of time and cash in the car!
Old 10 January 2009, 10:16 AM
sparky d
Scooby Regular

Location: irchester / northants , can also be found at babs.forumotion.com

Gutted for the owner , this is getting silly the amount of cars being stolen these days , feckin scum
Old 10 January 2009, 10:19 AM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

this is a diabolical shame, i bet the owner is gutted about this, all those months of hard work, pain and effort and some other scumbag decided he wants it the easy way.
I feel for you and hope it gets sorted the right way with some good old fashioned justice thrown in to boot
Old 10 January 2009, 10:22 AM
sparky d
Scooby Regular

Location: irchester / northants , can also be found at babs.forumotion.com

Or jusy a good old fashioned boot (if you caught them yourselves) i dread to think what i'd do to the scum if i ever caught them myself
Old 10 January 2009, 10:24 AM
andywiddss1
Scooby Regular

sounds like the wrong sort of people are hanging round the nec . any body going to the autosport show this weekend should maybe bear that in mind
Old 10 January 2009, 10:51 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I hate to keep saying this but NEC and BHX has been targeted by a number of gangs that are professional car thieves. This has been happening for a very long time. And very little has been done by NEC to combat it and make their car parks more secure.

This has been going on for so long its hard to count now; Its been at its peak over the last five years at least. Especially when motor shows are on. Donnington Park and Santa Pod are other places that also get regular targeted when a performance car show is being hosted.

The number of EVOs, Imprezas, M-cars and Cosworths that have disappeared from here without trace is huge.

So my advice to anyone planning on going to the NEC, go in a crappy car you don't care about! Or take the train there (train station is right next door).

If you do have to go in your Impreza, park it next to another nice Impreza with less visual security than yours (seriously, thieves go for the easy targets). Use a disk-lock and park it on full lock, also use a wheel clamp if you have one - if you don't have either, you should, without decent visual security, you are a target. They are mandatory requirements for parking Imprezas round Brum; A cheap crook-lock or a few flashing LEDs won't deter them.

You have been warned!!!!

Sorry its been stolen, but it is rife round there. I'm past being livid about it as its has been going on for so long. And It wouldn't surprise me if bits of the car ens up on shelves in a Alum Rock/Bordesley "jap car spares" breakers.
Old 10 January 2009, 11:59 AM
klidder
Scooby Regular

Did he not have a tracker? Not affordable when he forks out for all those BS parts added to the car?
Old 10 January 2009, 12:24 PM
Ste RB5138
Scooby Regular

Scum!

Ill keep my eyes open locally and watch the ebay listings
Old 10 January 2009, 12:29 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you mate.
Old 10 January 2009, 03:47 PM
JRFRACE
Scooby Regular

On the back of what Ali-B said, i'm sure there was an oceans eleven style car theft of one or more rare ferraris from the show itself during the dismantling a few years back, somehow some pros managed to just load up into a trailer from the hall and drive off with everyone thinking they were legit!

The cars were part of a big ferrari display, think thats why ferrari have never supported the show properly since
Old 10 January 2009, 04:30 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Good advice from Ali-B.

Shame it comes to this tho
Old 10 January 2009, 04:39 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nec scum strike again
Old 10 January 2009, 05:09 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Was reading the thread on the MLR, and some people mentioned the Trackers where the location of the car is picked up by your own computer, rather than Tracker/RAC etc.

Anyone know more about these types of Trackers? (not saying i'd be brave enough to go and get the car back myself if anything happened, but a know a few people who could recover it for me)
Old 10 January 2009, 05:15 PM
flashgordon666
Scooby Regular

The car park should have CCTV
Old 10 January 2009, 05:26 PM
oadamo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Was reading the thread on the MLR, and some people mentioned the Trackers where the location of the car is picked up by your own computer, rather than Tracker/RAC etc.

Anyone know more about these types of Trackers? (not saying i'd be brave enough to go and get the car back myself if anything happened, but a know a few people who could recover it for me)

i use followus co uk you can track phones or tracking devices its pay per track.£10 for 20 tracks or 15 for 50 tracks. you can track a tracking device on there or a mobile phone and it gives you a map for the location. for a home made tracking device just use an old mobile phone with a car charger hard wired and hidden in your dash board some where. it does work
adam

way did my post get edited

Last edited by oadamo; 10 January 2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10 January 2009, 05:27 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX

These are readily available from quite a few companies. Usually to track employees or fleet cars.

Try fleet finders
Old 10 January 2009, 05:42 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flashgordon666
The car park should have CCTV
It does and security patrol,but the NEC is pritty much easy to get around,it all open and sparse.+ with the M42,M6,and A45 being right next to it,very handy for a quick getaway,you can basically go anyway you want,and within minutes you gone,no where to be seen...
Old 10 January 2009, 06:33 PM
mike h
Scooby Regular

I'm off to the NEC tomorrow, I'm taking the old diesel astra. No way would i park my car there anyway.

We have these nice cars but it's not safe to leave them anywhere.
Old 10 January 2009, 07:43 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Was down there yesterday in the scoob as the only alternative car, i.e. old heap of a citroen at home probably wouldn't get there and back

As I walked across the car park, there were the odd piles of glass from side windows so you have to hope for the best and have a visible deterrent if you go in anything decent.

Thankfully, mine wasn't touched and I got home OK.
Old 10 January 2009, 07:54 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

I feel for the guy but leaving a car like that in a car park as big as those at the NEC especially when there is a motoring related event on is an open invitation to theives.

Whenever I go to Donnington I always take a sh*tter.

Last year it was a £300 1.0L K reg Polo. Guess what? It was there when I got back

Hope he gets it back but I'm sure the parts are all over the country now

Last edited by dazdavies; 10 January 2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10 January 2009, 07:56 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

As said, the NEC is HUGE with the outer car parks spread across the area of a large airfield, however hasn't the crown plaza got it's own car park, with a barrier with pin exit, I know the Hilton Metropole (also at nec) has..? OK they could easily get around this, but surely the hotel car parks have decent CCTV..?

Quick Reply: Time Attack Car Stolen