Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body service today....hmmm

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2002, 09:33 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have been pondering for some time now whether to have this done or not, I'm a bit fussy about my Scoob and after reading several posts on this subject with stories of wax ending up where it shouldn’t be, it made me a bit weary especially if some monkey tried to clean it off with any old rag laying around.

Having decided to go ahead, I had the first body service done at the 22.5K service, I've got mixed thoughts.
The under body coating (black stuff) which is applied to wheel arch areas, seams and various parts of the floor pan has been applied directly over the dirt, in area's where the original underseal was peeling, these have been left untouched, this would appear to totally useless.

The cavity wax, which is applied to all hidden areas, would appear to have been done reasonably well.

The outside of the car is absolutely covered in wax (including the windows), I did question the service manager about this and he replied you should have seen it before we cleaned it !!!, and yes it does look like somebody has wiped it over with an old rag.

I know this will vary from dealer to dealer but wouldn’t it be nice occasionally to be surprised with the service you get.
I can't say don’t have it done, but if you cosset your Scooby be prepared for some hard work afterwards.
Cheers
Allan
Old 19 February 2002, 09:39 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

My car came back from its first body service spattered all over with little black blobs of underseal. If my dealer hadn't been so far away, I'd have been straight back there demanding it to be cleaned properly. I ended up spending ages with a bottle of tar remover, and even now (a year later) I keep finding them.

Suffice to say, if I bother to have the next one done at all, I'll make a point of picking up the car in daylight and inspecting it thoroughly.

Andy.
Old 19 February 2002, 09:46 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry guy's, I've got a story from the other end of the spectrum, my car went in last year, and came out having been jetwashed underneath, dried, and then coated all-over with 'the black goo' and whats more the car was spotless!
I was well chuffed,
sorry about your saga!
Ron
Old 19 February 2002, 09:57 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Ron,
That's what I was hoping for, but somehow knew I wasn't going to get.
I had wondered how they were going to wash/dry and apply the coating, I needn't of worried
Allan