Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2001, 01:53 PM
zarathustra
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read a lot of posts from enthusiasts who go to amateur track days which as I understand forbid timing or racing, yet obviously many of you have developed quite a lot of experience and skill. Does anyone here actually put this to real test in recognised competition or actually bagged any titles etc? Even if not actually in your Subarus. I tend to be ultra-competitive and used to a lot of sport myself (though not motor sport) and although I've never been on a track that would seem like a natural progression once I'd got the basic hang of things. Maybe its too expensive or difficult to get into although there are things like sprint and hillclimb stuff for beginners??
Old 29 January 2001, 02:23 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

I will be hillclimbing the scoob at Loton Park in the road class later this year, all thats needed is a lid (£100) club membership ( £25) fuel to the event and maybe a set of tyres for the season ( only a few events ).
The alternative is road rallying but I'm a navigator at heart........
Old 29 January 2001, 02:58 PM
zarathustra
Scooby Newbie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Richard Askew:
<B>I will be hillclimbing the scoob at Loton Park in the road class later this year, all thats needed is a lid (£100) club membership ( £25) fuel to the event and maybe a set of tyres for the season ( only a few events ).
The alternative is road rallying but I'm a navigator at heart........[/quote]

What are the classes, are there sections for different engine sizes or is it all in?

I lived near Bicester for a few years (Chesterton) by the way, we moved out when they routed the M40 through our back garden (
Old 29 January 2001, 03:17 PM
Marc W
Scooby Regular

Question

Surely not the same Zarathustra that wrote this on the EVO forum ?!?!

- Skipping a few years and bit by bit the cult of the SIT has fed on itself, bloated with one glowing magazine tribute after another until not only are the cars hallowed but their drivers' opinions on the Scoobynet bulletin board are sought on every aspect of motoring such as roadcraft (!) and what the best £50k car is. -

and .....

- The truth is that the Subaru Impreza Turbo is just another hot hatch for boy racers from the Playstation era who believe everything they read in car magazines. -

Old 29 January 2001, 03:28 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Marc W
I do not belive that Subaru Make a 'hot hatch' version of the Impreza. Yes, they do seem to get "glowing write up's" on the 2,4 and 5 dr versions they do make.

Fortunately i am capable of making up my own mind up and my own decisions, still, doesn't hurt to seek out the advice of others every once in a while now does it.

When you state "Skipping a few years and bit by bit the cult of the SIT has fed on itself, bloated with one glowing magazine tribute after another until not only are the cars hallowed but their drivers' opinions on the Scoobynet bulletin board are sought on every aspect of motoring such as roadcraft (!) and what the best £50k car is. -

and .....

- The truth is that the Subaru Impreza Turbo is just another hot hatch for boy racers from the Playstation era who believe everything they read in car magazines."

It appears that you do not like or feel that Scoobynet is right for you - Tell you what, if you do not like it the vote with your feet and find a forum you do like - simple really

Gotta go now, my copy of 'Revs Magazine' has just bin delivered and my brother has finished with the Playstation, anyone for Driver II???

Y

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 29 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 29 January 2001).]
Old 29 January 2001, 04:05 PM
Richard Simpson
Scooby Regular

Paul,

I don't think that Marc W was condoning the statement, merely questioning if it is the same Zarathustra asking questions on a Forum for cars he would appear to despise

Cheers,

Richard
Old 29 January 2001, 04:19 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Richard
I may well have got hold of the wrong end of the stick, not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last, thanks

Marc
My apologies if I misinterpreted your comments

I think nursey is coming around with my Moggadons and ******** handcuffs any time now!

Paul

Trending Topics

Old 29 January 2001, 04:26 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Wink

Paul,
******** handcuffs????? mmmmmm.... nice

Maybe we can give them a go on zarathustra.

Zarathustra - I think you would feel right at home in the muppet forum.

Old 29 January 2001, 05:28 PM
Marc W
Scooby Regular

Cool

Paul

No worries - I don't think my post was clear!

The thread on the Evo forum is quite an interesting one but it did seem a little rich for Mr Zarathustra to mock people that should seek the advice of people on Scoobynet and then appear asking questions the very next day...

If it is one and the same person of course.

Marc
Old 29 January 2001, 05:29 PM
Marc W
Scooby Regular

Cool

Paul

No worries - I don't think my post was clear!

The thread on the Evo forum is quite an interesting one but it did seem a little rich for Mr Zarathustra to mock people that should seek the advice of people on Scoobynet and then appear asking questions the very next day...

If it is one and the same person of course.

Marc
Old 29 January 2001, 05:36 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

LOL Paul agree entirely.

Thought I might print the thread and pass it to my wife. Don't think she qualifies as a boy racer, more of a boy racers' Gran.

And she wouldn't know the difference between a Playsatation and an external disk drive.

Old 29 January 2001, 05:39 PM
zarathustra
Scooby Newbie

Wink

A while ago someone posted, I think in evo, inviting all and sundry to join in the scoobynet forum as you talked about a range of topics and 'only' about 50% owned the actual marque itself. The impression being given, and one I had also gained with some previous lurking, was that you were a fairly broad church. The question at the top of the thread appears quite a serious one so if this goes into the muppet thread its not because of me, folks! ) Its the replies that are off-topic, not the question,surely?
Old 30 January 2001, 10:19 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Cool

Zarathustra,
Have you ever heard the phrase "First impressions last"? You first post when you joined the board appeared to be a pi55 take based on what you said in the evo forum. Now we all assume you are taking the pi55 again, and so to muppetdom you should go. Once you've got a name for it, you can't get rid of it, so you may as well change your profile.

p.s. Its a nice place. Come on down for a look. You will have a laugh