Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

have you ever been bored with your scooby but......

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2008, 11:02 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have you ever been bored with your scooby but......

can't stand the thought of driving something else?

lol, bit daft really but i'm coming to the point of thinking of selling up and getting a 'normal' car but the thought of driving around in a mondeo or vectra bores me to tears!

the car doesn't cost me alot as i don't really do many miles, but i'm sure the cost of motoring could be brought down with a more sensible car.

even thinking about a diesel octavia or maybe a VRS

i dunno, i love the scoob but i'm coming round to the idea of liking a few grand in the bank a bit more at the moment

i guess i need a bit of reasuring, c'mon scoobynet faithfull help me out
Old 13 December 2008, 11:05 AM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Ive got a diesel Octavia as a work hack and 2 imprezas for the weekend but i have to admit i have been getting itchy feet recently and fancied a change into something more familly orientated like an Audi RS6 (till i read up on their forums about how unreliable and costly to maintain they are) so im going to keep mine for the time being until i can afford an E60 M5
Old 13 December 2008, 11:11 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby-tc
Ive got a diesel Octavia as a work hack and 2 imprezas for the weekend but i have to admit i have been getting itchy feet recently and fancied a change into something more familly orientated like an Audi RS6 (till i read up on their forums about how unreliable and costly to maintain they are) so im going to keep mine for the time being until i can afford an E60 M5
at least you got your eye on something exotic mate, i'd be going to a bore mobile.
really am at the crossroads of scooby ownership, can't see me wanting to go back to a classic, sounds a bit snobby but i prefer the newage so much over them.

i just really, genuinely, don't know what to do!
Old 13 December 2008, 11:11 AM
BIGEMP
Scooby Regular

HI m8
thought the same a couple of years back and sold mine brought an 03 vectra gsi missed the scoob back in one a month later,2 scoobs later on(2 months ago),thinking the same trying to be sensible(brought zafira gsi) didnt work again ,sold the car and now im back in an 04 sti a month later,i seem to never be happy unless im in a scoob.
Just depends whether you really want or need the money in the bank or not,i think life is too short enjoy yourself octavias a good car but will you be happy saying i drive a skoda or a scooby.
cheers
Dave
Old 13 December 2008, 11:16 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by big dave aka red devil 2
HI m8
thought the same a couple of years back and sold mine brought an 03 vectra gsi missed the scoob back in one a month later,2 scoobs later on(2 months ago),thinking the same trying to be sensible(brought zafira gsi) didnt work again ,sold the car and now im back in an 04 sti a month later,i seem to never be happy unless im in a scoob.
Just depends whether you really want or need the money in the bank or not,i think life is too short enjoy yourself octavias a good car but will you be happy saying i drive a skoda or a scooby.
cheers
Dave
that's it pretty much on the head dave i've been driving imprezas for over 10 years now and if i did sell up it would be no turning back, my current car is just so perfect for me i'd never be able to replace it.

jesus haven't even got the thing up for sale and i'm having doubts
Old 13 December 2008, 11:21 AM
tolster
Scooby Regular

I recently thought of selling the scoob but after being in "normal" cars I just couldn't do it. It still puts a smile on my face after owning it for five years and cos it's a weekend car still feels quick when i take it out So the choice is yours mate but i would keep it and enjoy it
Old 13 December 2008, 11:25 AM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Hoski swap it with mine mate

lol always fancied a blob eye
Old 13 December 2008, 11:34 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ash002004
Hoski swap it with mine mate

lol always fancied a blob eye
sell yours and get in touch mate
Old 13 December 2008, 11:51 AM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

don`t sell it mate keep it buy something for it then go out on a nice round you know on a fresh winters morning and enjoy. that car is perfect
Old 13 December 2008, 12:26 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Yeah, i've gone through that feeling a few times, but i have the luxury of leaving parked and taking the vRS out.

I'm loving it at the moment though and all the goodies going on it next week will just enhance that.

Spend some money on it, that always helps.
Old 13 December 2008, 12:33 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
Yeah, i've gone through that feeling a few times, but i have the luxury of leaving parked and taking the vRS out.

I'm loving it at the moment though and all the goodies going on it next week will just enhance that.

Spend some money on it, that always helps.
i'd agree completely but that's another thing mate, there's nothing else i really want to do to the car either.
my old classic i was buying stuff on a weekly basis, but this one was so much better out the box it only needed a few tweeks to get it how i want.

it's quite nice not having a scooby money pit for a change
Old 13 December 2008, 12:38 PM
JonnyUK1980
Scooby Regular

Dont do it mate!!! I did it before when i had my rover tomcat turbo, got a bit bored so sold it and bought a BMW 328i, was fun for about a week then i missed the power and the feel of driving something quick and turbo charged!

Stick with the scooby
Old 13 December 2008, 12:45 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

If you fancy something different, go get something different! You can always buy another Impreza. I like to chop and change to derive different driving experiences. At the moment I'm driving relatively **** cars, a 17 year old Suzuki SJ and a 97 Pajero SWB. Utterly different to driving an Impreza, but each enjoyable in their own right, and not boring
Old 13 December 2008, 12:46 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

TC, why would you want an M5, didn't we keep up easily with one several years ago?
Old 13 December 2008, 12:53 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
If you fancy something different, go get something different! You can always buy another Impreza.
it's not really just to buy something different, i'd move away from performance cars altogether and just buy a thing with 4 wheels that went forwards and backwards

and i know i'd never replace what i've got now, every time i turned the key in another scoob i know i'd be disapointed. i'll never have the spare funds for a litchfield type 20/25 and i'd never buy the current shape so it would be a permanent move away from the brand, otherwise what would be the point in selling it in the first place?

cheers for your input though, i'm sure there's plenty of fun, cheap cars out there
Old 13 December 2008, 12:58 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

I've had 5 Imprezas and many cars in between. I like to have normal cars, then get something fast again. The only one I felt sad aboutselling was the last one as it may be a while, if ever, when I get another. Have you tried any other Imprezas other than this one?
Old 13 December 2008, 12:58 PM
Ved
Scooby Regular

My golf mk2 gti 16v is still for sale. You know you want to!
Old 13 December 2008, 01:05 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

I've had 5 Imprezas and many cars in between. I like to have normal cars, then get something fast again. The only one I felt sad aboutselling was the last one as it may be a while, if ever, when I get another. Have you tried any other Imprezas other than this one?
yeah, this is my third. series macrae, then a uk 99 and now this one. tried every uk sti (and a few wrx and sports) that has come out apart from the latest thing and wouldn't put any above mine.

i'd be sad about this one going for the same reason mate!
Old 13 December 2008, 01:05 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

I got rid of my STi2 earlier this year to make way for an Octavia vRS TDi as a company car, still regret getting rid of it every day to be honest
Old 13 December 2008, 01:08 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

How about a typeR or RA?
Old 13 December 2008, 01:10 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Daft Lad
I got rid of my STi2 earlier this year to make way for an Octavia vRS TDi as a company car, still regret getting rid of it every day to be honest
i'll be honest i was well impressed when i drove my mates tdi vrs, but not so good in the long term then mate?
Old 13 December 2008, 01:12 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

How about a typeR or RA?
has to be an easy to live with daily driver mate, i'd love to have a weekend fun car but don't have the funds/space
Old 13 December 2008, 01:46 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
i'll be honest i was well impressed when i drove my mates tdi vrs, but not so good in the long term then mate?
Don't get me wrong its a perfectly good car mate, maybe I just need to get used to driving it a different way! The standard continentals seem to really struggle to put any form of power down in the damp, but then again it does return about 3 times the mpg than the Impreza did! The new common rail engines in the TDi 170's are meant to be even better, unfortunately mine was one of the last of the pump diesel variants.

The best comparison I thought of for them was that the Skoda is like going fast on a train - ie obviously pretty fast but fairly unexciting, whereas the Impreza was like going fast in a go-kart!
Old 13 December 2008, 03:33 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

TC, why would you want an M5, didn't we keep up easily with one several years ago?
Not the 507 bhp V10 one we didnt
Old 13 December 2008, 03:48 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Have a look around, I know the feeling mate, I got bored of my RA but I tend to get bored of cars very quickly.

But with the scooby it's different, when I came > . < this close to selling it I knew I wanted to keep it.

I wouldn't mind a little pug 106 or something as track machine though
Old 13 December 2008, 06:14 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I thought I was close.....

But I drive an LDV mini-bus full of "special" kids twice a week, that does make you grateful to have a Scooby, believe me !

LOL

DunxC
Old 13 December 2008, 06:19 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
i'd agree completely but that's another thing mate, there's nothing else i really want to do to the car either.
my old classic i was buying stuff on a weekly basis, but this one was so much better out the box it only needed a few tweeks to get it how i want.

it's quite nice not having a scooby money pit for a change
An ALK and rear ARB with geometry and that will change your mind for sure. It did for me when i started to lose interest. About £300 all-in. Seriously made a difference.
Old 13 December 2008, 06:20 PM
rev.chris
Scooby Regular

i have to say i dont get board of mine, love every min of it, the feel of the power an the handleing alway give me te grin factor,

do a few mods on urs, an take it to a few track days,
Old 13 December 2008, 09:12 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Don't do it mate, I sold my v1 STi a few years ago to save money, times were hard at the time. I knew as soon as I saw it leave the drive I made the wrong decision and i've regretted it ever since, and still intend to get another one day.
It will be the worst decision you ever make, take it from someone who has been there
Old 13 December 2008, 10:10 PM
G-string
Scooby Regular

Im on my 5th Impreza now mate and apart from the first which I wrote off (young and foolish and all that), I have sold to buy normal'ish cars thinking I was over the whole performance car thing, I'm not .
I have had an alpha 156, c4vts coupe and 2 people carriers lol, still got a 7 seater c4 but had to get another impreza, but I think its taken me this long(10years since my first) to realise that I am going to keep this one for a while longer

Quick Reply: have you ever been bored with your scooby but......