Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommend Impreza 'driving experience' day?

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2008, 11:23 AM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend Impreza 'driving experience' day?

My wife and son (18) have birthdays coming up soon and I thought about them both doing an 'Impreza driving experience' - a few laps on a track in an STi.
Any recommendations in the Midlands area? There's loads of companies advertising on the web, but I'm looking for best value for money, obviously.

Cheers.
Old 10 December 2008, 11:27 AM
gazza_howard
Scooby Regular

My mate did the silver rally experiance at Prestwold Hall near Loughborough, he got to drive an Impreza STI, Evo 8, Focus RS and a group N polo. Said it was really good and lasted about half a day, they do a gold package which is the whole day. The only thing he said is it's best to go during the week as there is less standing round waiting and more time spent in the cars. Hope this helps.
Old 10 December 2008, 11:30 AM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

Yep, that sounds just the thing, and not too far away. Do you know which company it was?
Old 10 December 2008, 11:33 AM
gazza_howard
Scooby Regular

This should help plenty of different cars offered there. Hope the link Works

Prestwold Hall Driving Days from Buyagift - Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Single Seaters and More
Old 10 December 2008, 11:34 AM
JT386
Scooby Regular

i did a lambo and hummer experience there which was amazing, also couldnt resist paying an extra £40 on the day for some laps in the STi

the company that runs them all is called everyman racing, very professional and reasonable!

wrap up warm though, not much shelter!

James
Old 10 December 2008, 06:09 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I have got a similar experience in Feb in Staffordshire . I get to drive 6 laps in a Sti, 6 in a Evo, handbrake turns in a 106 and a drive in a Focus ST/RS.

Rally Silver Experience
Old 10 December 2008, 11:20 PM
rev.chris
Scooby Regular

prorive do track days, there not cheap but look like a great day out
Old 11 December 2008, 07:15 AM
PantsUK
Scooby Regular

I did an STI day via everyman there and to be honest I wan't that impressed. For the money you get so little time in the car. It's probably worth doing a whole pack but just the scooby package (think it was 6 laps) was a complete waste of money imho. Sure there are better and far cheaper companies out there. Also I felt the track was a bit poo as well to be honest also you're sharing it with all sorts ferarris lambos corvettes etc so you're constantly waiting for them on the corners (LOL) I wont be doing one there again!
Old 11 December 2008, 01:57 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've just bought my wife a subaru rally experience with virgin experience days for xmas: Virgin Experience Days - Subaru Driving Experience | Subaru Thrill She's always wanting to drive my scooby but is reluctant to because she says it's too big and powerful for her. Hopefully this will be a fun experience for her and show her that the impreza is an amazing car and one that she can enjoy too. Told her the scooby wave might be a bit redundant on the circuit though. It's down in Leicestershire and you can get 20% off 'virgin experience days' by ringing them and mention 'Newcastle Chronicle & Journal'. I saved £20.
Old 11 December 2008, 03:14 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rev.chris
prorive do track days, there not cheap but look like a great day out
I've done three using STi on Track, Jeep off road and Group N STi on adverse handling : but as said not cheap £250 - 350 but GVFM IMHO

Also done a couple using my own Cars on Adverse handling, Track and skid pan £350 or use their STi +£300 not cheap but top quality tutition

Tony
Old 11 December 2008, 03:25 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Here are some of Prodrive trackdays from £125, £299 and up to £2000+ for a Professional Dynamics coarse

ARRIVE & DRIVE

Subaru World Rally Team drive day

prodrive
Old 12 December 2008, 09:02 AM
PantsUK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jonnys3
I've just bought my wife a subaru rally experience with virgin experience days for xmas: Virgin Experience Days - Subaru Driving Experience | Subaru Thrill She's always wanting to drive my scooby but is reluctant to because she says it's too big and powerful for her. Hopefully this will be a fun experience for her and show her that the impreza is an amazing car and one that she can enjoy too. Told her the scooby wave might be a bit redundant on the circuit though. It's down in Leicestershire and you can get 20% off 'virgin experience days' by ringing them and mention 'Newcastle Chronicle & Journal'. I saved £20.
Afraid to say this is the exact one I did (although I got a couple of extra laps) and to be honest it's just so short after all the waiting around I just felt short changed!
Old 03 July 2009, 08:42 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PantsUK
Afraid to say this is the exact one I did (although I got a couple of extra laps) and to be honest it's just so short after all the waiting around I just felt short changed!
Just come back from the experience and I have to admit the missus also seemed somewhat disappointed with the affair - she says that it took the whole four laps to get used to the acceleration/breaking required to get round the track safely, and never got above 60mph because she always had to give way for the supercars. Having watched her DVD, I'm of the opinion that if she did this again she'd cane it as she now knows what she's doing on the track - had she been given something like 10 or so laps then it probably would've been a different story. Like you say a lot of money for little thrill, IMHO.

On the flipside however, I jumped into the latest Impreza and did 6 laps on the rally/gravel track and had termendous fun, throwing it around track, powersliding, etc. etc. all for £35 bought on the day as it was available as a special offer.

Last edited by Jonnys3; 03 July 2009 at 08:44 PM.