Sponsored by:

Gathering prints: #2-6 and #550-555

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2008, 11:21 PM
scoobychick555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gathering prints: #2-6 and #550-555

We’re disappointed to see people selling their Limited Print and profiting from the McRae Gathering

We have tried to make sure that no one profits from Colin McRae’s name, as this event was always a fundraising event to help his charity and his legacy.

We felt it best to let you know what our plans are for 10 of the Limited Prints and hopefully catch those of you that are prepared to spend a bit more money for a limited print to give you a taster for something a bit more special AND help contribute to the McRae Vision charity as well.

Prints 2 to 6 have been signed by Jimmy McRae and have been passed to SWRT to get more signatures for us.

Prints 550 to 555 will be auctioned off on eBay International. As a super special bonus, they will come with a copy of a McRae Gathering sticker (an original registration one) which has been signed by the old timers and rally legends during the McRae Stages in Perth.
This will provide 5 rare sets of a signed registration sticker + the last 5 Limited Edition prints, a true momento of a record breaking event.

We “were” hoping to announce this once everything has been finalised but felt it best to let you know what our plans are.

Final details will follow after the New Year.

Imy
Old 07 December 2008, 11:24 PM
flat4 to the floor
Scooby Regular

i only asked this question about number 555 being more desirable and was told that it would not be sold,did people know at the start that some where being held back fro sale at a later date?
Old 07 December 2008, 11:32 PM
BULLITT
Scooby Regular

I really really hope our lass has got me one for christmas otherwise I'm gonna be properly gutted I missed getting a print.
Old 07 December 2008, 11:40 PM
McRaeGathering
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flat4 to the floor
i only asked this question about number 555 being more desirable and was told that it would not be sold,did people know at the start that some where being held back fro sale at a later date?
At the start we decided to keep the first 5 back for signing and it was only recently we decided on the fate of 555 and co

Hope this answers your query
Old 07 December 2008, 11:43 PM
scoobychick555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flat4 to the floor
i only asked this question about number 555 being more desirable and was told that it would not be sold, did people know at the start that some where being held back fro sale at a later date?
we never said that print #555 wont be sold.

we've always had our own plans for the last print and do something special with that to raise money.

and re holding some prints back, it was all covered in this thread,
have a look at Post 90 https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...w-quick-3.html.

cheers,
imy
Old 08 December 2008, 12:03 AM
flat4 to the floor
Scooby Regular

oh right i apologise if it sounded wrong what i wrote,a couple of days ago i posted asking if 555 would of been more desirable than the rest and got a reply that it wouldnt be sold,i assumed that someone already had it and not that it was being held,hope it fetches £555 for charity as no doubt someone will enter this magic figure.
Old 08 December 2008, 11:24 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

it would be a shame if official gathering prints didnot make money due to others attracting all the interest
martin