Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my mate wants to buy my v1 sti but..

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2008, 11:40 AM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question my mate wants to buy my v1 sti but..

ok ive thinking of getting a newer sti for a while but i wont be buying one till just before next summer but my mate just rang to say he wants to buy mine and said how much will i take for it ive had a good look around and you can get some real dogs for 2k now but mine has had alot done and is well looked after its running a proven 315bhp i was think of asking about £3.5k but i just dont know is this too much?
Old 07 December 2008, 05:04 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Paid 4k quid for a Sti 6 last month, 70k miles tein coilovers, full decat, filter, 18s etc, HPi clear, to be honest its a very clean car for how much I paid for it, just to give you a indication on how cheap you can get scoobys for now, So not to sure how much a STi 1 would be worth with a few mods!!!!!

Are you sure you want to sell to a friend, Ive lost friends over the years from selling cars to them, everytime something breaks on the car, you will hear all about it, best selling to someone you dont know, at least you aint got to hear from them when ever a light bulb breaks or it fails an MOT.
Old 07 December 2008, 05:34 PM
Daz And Minty
Scooby Regular

This is why i never sold my scoob to my family memeber!

Im also in your postion on what my classic is worth too
Old 07 December 2008, 06:13 PM
G-string
Scooby Regular

To be honest mate, prices have come down so low that if you go by what everyone says a k reg wrx should be worth 1p (nothing wrong with k reg wrx's Ive had one), its up to your mate, he clearly likes your car cos he knows youve looked after it etc. Tell him 3500 and see what he says. You car is nice and looks clean see what you can get . What car you got to sell Daz and Minty.
Old 07 December 2008, 06:16 PM
Daz And Minty
Scooby Regular

Its a classic import turbo 95 165km in green big wing silver alloys gold graphics on side dont know what horse it is but it isnt standard kept up with my black 03 sti 300 odd horse while on motorway... Any ideas m8
Old 07 December 2008, 06:24 PM
Daz And Minty
Scooby Regular

I know the market is dead right now and i aint gonna get much but having 2 scoob's atm is burning a very big sized hole in my pocket tax is due on the black and both need mot's and new insurance for black once green sold what was i thinking lol
Old 07 December 2008, 06:34 PM
G-string
Scooby Regular

Get it up for sale on here mate also try pistonheads and autotrader or adtrader, I have bought a scooby of each, I know the markets slow if not dead at the moment but if you dont try you will never know and the fact that you will be driving the sti when you sell will spur you on lol good luck anyway
Old 07 December 2008, 06:36 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

if your friend came to you he must like the look of your car and the way you have modded it,if you want to sell your car for £3500 go for it.i keep on hearing people say they can pick up cars for next to nothing but that does not mean that you have to sell yours cheaply just be a little bit flexable.
Old 07 December 2008, 06:42 PM
G-string
Scooby Regular

Exactly
Old 07 December 2008, 07:35 PM
Daz And Minty
Scooby Regular

Yeah m8 ive tried on PH and Ebay not much luck im gonna wash it sometime in the week and post some pics and put on here

How much you think roughly they worth?
Old 07 December 2008, 09:36 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Daz And Minty
Its a classic import turbo 95 165km in green big wing silver alloys gold graphics on side dont know what horse it is but it isnt standard kept up with my black 03 sti 300 odd horse while on motorway... Any ideas m8
as it has quite a few miles onthe clock, it may be worth more in parts as it has been mod'ed, or somebody may want it as a starting ground for a project. At a complete guess i would prob say around 2K?
Old 07 December 2008, 10:17 PM
escott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1

Are you sure you want to sell to a friend, Ive lost friends over the years from selling cars to them, everytime something breaks on the car, you will hear all about it, best selling to someone you dont know, at least you aint got to hear from them when ever a light bulb breaks or it fails an MOT.
That's good advice!
Old 08 December 2008, 11:09 AM
Daz And Minty
Scooby Regular

Ive never broken a car before so i dont know if that will be an option or not and yeah around the 2k was what i was looking for