Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Turbo Timer

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2001, 12:34 AM
Scruff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just got a Blitz Turbo timer/Boost meter and all the destructions are in Japenese. Has anyone fitted this type into their car and if so can give me details. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Alan
Old 29 January 2001, 12:58 AM
Scruff
Scooby Regular

C'mon lads someone must have fitted one of these.
Old 29 January 2001, 01:11 PM
Dippy
Scooby Regular

Yes, I fitted one to my MY00, including detatching the front panel so that it could be mounted in the dash area below the rev counter.

I never had a chance to take a photo of it and then I crashed the car. I took a photo anyway - the pic below still gives you an idea of how I mounted it - look on the edge of the steering wheel at about 2 o'clock.

Things you will need for a basic installation are:

A longer vacuum pipe (mine was from a Ford dealer) so that you can tap onto the spare nipple on the manifold.

A piggy-back spade connector (so that you don't need to splice the handbrake wire).

A pre-wired harness for Subaru (although mine was wrongly wired - maybe all are - but they're easy to change) so that most of the wiring is done by simply connecting to the car's existing connectors.

Information about your ECU to see where the speed wire is. Note that you have to splice into this wire and I would recommend soldering to make a proper joint, and not use a splice connector.

This last requirement was the toughest part for me as the manual, not only being in japanese, didn't contain details of MY99- models. I managed to get ECU details from a website and I can supply these if you want (except that it would have to be tomorrow as they're at home).

P.S. If you don't connect the speed wire then the timer will never go much above 20 or 30 seconds. Using the boost measurement alone doesn't affect the time much.