Tommy Kaira

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2008, 04:36 PM
igglepiggle
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tommy Kaira

Hi All,

Just got hold of a Tommy Kaira Scooby its one of only 2 with the kit on thats on it, HKS 5inch straight through exhaust, dump valve, water coolers, running at around 400bhp. Got receipts for around £10,000. Is there anyone else outthere with one, and anything else worth doing to it?.
Old 18 November 2008, 04:42 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

If it’s one of only 2 you may have trouble finding many others that have one
Have you any pics of it?
The Tommy Kairas I have seen are basically WRXs so what engine mods has it had to get 400bhp are they aftermarket or was it done originally?
What gearbox does it have?
Old 18 November 2008, 05:06 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

[quote=rbaz;8281126]If it’s one of only 2 you may have trouble finding many others that have one
quote]

Old 18 November 2008, 05:22 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

I think the genuine Tommy Kaira classics were built around the WRX RA. Believe me there are loads of classics about that claim to be a TK but all they have is a TK front bumper and thats a cheap copy...lol

and who said it was only 1 of 2 with the kit on? They all came with a bodykit plus different intercooler,steering wheel,orange clocks with carbon surround aswell as matching gauges,chipped ecu etc.

Get some pics up.
Old 18 November 2008, 06:16 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

An M20b ...............yes they where based upon the WRX RA

Will have a plaque on suspension turret with build no etc.
Old 18 November 2008, 06:19 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

You will find more info at Type-RA.co.uk - Subaru Impreza WRX Type RA, Impreza WRX STi Type RA, Impreza Type RA V Limited, Scooby V. Ltd, visit the WRX forum & Subaru forum
Old 18 November 2008, 07:53 PM
igglepiggle
Scooby Newbie

Yeah its got the plaque number 73 on it. Im aware that there are idiots outthere claiming theirs to be TK's but i have all the genuine japanese documentation from Tomita Dream Sales which has been translated and authorised. The kit on this Scooby is one of only 2 despite all TK's having a kit on. The gearbox is custom built close ratio and the car has been on the rolling road and churned out 396BHP. Gentleman at Tomita in Japan has confirmed this model was running at 350bhp when built so presume some aftermarket add ons have been purchased. Will put pics up when my phone is working.
Old 18 November 2008, 08:04 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by igglepiggle
Yeah its got the plaque number 73 on it. Im aware that there are idiots outthere claiming theirs to be TK's but i have all the genuine japanese documentation from Tomita Dream Sales which has been translated and authorised. The kit on this Scooby is one of only 2 despite all TK's having a kit on. The gearbox is custom built close ratio and the car has been on the rolling road and churned out 396BHP. Gentleman at Tomita in Japan has confirmed this model was running at 350bhp when built so presume some aftermarket add ons have been purchased. Will put pics up when my phone is working.
Make sure you join us on the type ra forum......There is one of our members with a T.K.....