Dropping charges?

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2008, 11:42 PM
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropping charges?

Just need a little info:

4 months ago, had a daily runner (punto 60s £300 in 2006 ) it got broken into late at night and noticed it when I was going out in g/fs car. Door bent back and window smashed in process.

Stolen: 6 Pepsis and 4 bananas
Window: £20 repaired by me.

BUT.....sister inlaws b/f (whos house we were at) is a Community support officer and he rang the cops as I was of to get the girls from town.

So, forensic turn up next day and fingerprint it. 3 weeks later they have a match for some 17yearold in area. SWEET!!!!!

BUT.....few weeks later....phone call...sorry sir, we seem to have lost your statement...ball ache getting down to police station to do new statement.

........few weeks later.......phone call........hello sir, just a call to ask you about what was taken.....ball ache going through it all

.........more calls, .......are you available in January /February incase you are needed in court?

Meanwhile, the car was scrapped 3 months ago(head gone).

So, what should I do? Don't wanna go to court...I would lose a days pay(or more) ( I get paid what I work)

I want the little ****** to get done but I really can't be bothered with all this messing around.

Can I drop the charges? Its been 4 months?

Do you reckon I will have to go to court?

If you say no, can they make you go to court?

I wasn't even a witness, just found it like that!
Old 15 October 2008, 11:44 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

You can claim loss of earnings if they've damaged your motor, get em done mate make them pay or they won't learn their lesson and repeat offend!
Old 15 October 2008, 11:47 PM
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

Like I said...I don't want the little git to get off(they've got him for a few in the area) but I don't wanna go to court. Rather not come face to face with the family/friends of a little chav. Its not worth the grief, specially when I haven't got the car and the damage was £20 and some pepsi and bananas!
Old 15 October 2008, 11:47 PM
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I got that sheet for claim but forgot to send it off in time...LOL!
Old 15 October 2008, 11:52 PM
RyanSTI
Scooby Regular

this is why society is in the gutter. go to court and make sure the law is implimented. i know what your saying but if only he gets 5 mins of community service, its better than him getting away with it.
Old 16 October 2008, 12:10 AM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Don't let the little Shi*e get away with it! Go to court and bust his ***!

If they think they can get away with it then what will be next ? Next they will nick the car and maybe kill someone!

I know sometimes it's more hassle than it's worth but why should they get away with it ?
Old 16 October 2008, 12:12 AM
nsld
Scooby Regular

"Like I said...I don't want the little git to get off(they've got him for a few in the area) but I don't wanna go to court. "

Lets hope the magic witness fairy pops by the court then otherwise he will get away with it.

Trending Topics

Old 16 October 2008, 01:39 AM
GavinE
Scooby Regular

As already has been said, the courts pay for loss of earnings and even expenses for parking, and a meal in some cases.

I think i'm right in saying you won't be able to drop the charges, as it's the courts that are charging him with the offence not you.

Also, if the courts request you there, I don't think you can get out of it as they'll just put a summons on you.
Unlikely though if you not a witness to the actual crime itself, but it's basically if the deffence team wish to cross examine your statement.

Last edited by GavinE; 16 October 2008 at 01:44 AM.
Old 16 October 2008, 09:02 AM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Wakey wakey chaps. Blatent Troll. Look at the username for each post.
Old 16 October 2008, 09:16 AM
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

Whats a blatant troll?
LOL....you saying I am a troll....lol....no...this really is true....

I can put a pic of the punto on here if you want...LOL!

I am a member of SMACS and I don't lie! []
Old 16 October 2008, 09:53 AM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SmileyScooby
Just need a little info:

I want the little ****** to get done but I really can't be bothered with all this messing around.

Can I drop the charges? Its been 4 months?

Please dont drop them.

Its important for all of us 'decent' people to ensure that they learn they can't get away with crap like this

Last edited by Gary C; 16 October 2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 16 October 2008, 10:31 AM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

might have been 20 squids for a scrapyard window.

but what would it have been if fiat did it eh ?

I've happily gone to caught before to give evidence against dangerous driving etc.... couldn't care less about meeting the families.

go to caught- be liberal with your expenses, enjoy. Its good fun really- esp watching all the knuckle dragging tracksuit wearing druggies kicking about in there.

personally I'd advocate taking his hands off----- but alas we can't do that.
Old 16 October 2008, 10:40 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Very unlikely you will go to court as you did not witness anything. The witness in this case is the fingerprint lifted by SOCO. Its possible that you may get called but I would say unlikely.

Also, people thing court is some big thing - which is understandable given how its show on TV etc but its most often just a big room, 6 or 7 people in it tops and all over and done very quickly.

So if you do end up going to court dont worry as you will be taken in as a witness, everything will be explained, you will go in, answer some questions, and then be asked to leave. Thats it really and like I said above I dont think it will happen anyway.
Old 16 October 2008, 10:57 AM
106_enduro
Scooby Regular

Take the little scote bag to court mate. IT may have only been your punto, but tomorrow it could be a fmailys people carrier when he nicks their in car dvd, the day after that, someones scooby and he nicks theri stereo, day after that, he nicks someones car and takes it for a joy ride and torches the thing.

People like that need to suffer the consequences of your actions, even if it's community service. You had to take time out of your day to go to the scrappy, take apart a door there for the window, then re fit it to your car.

I also think if you go to court as a witness you can lay claim for having to miss work (kind of like jusry duty fee's) you also get transport/parking as well.
Old 16 October 2008, 11:29 AM
Red Rocket 11166
Scooby Regular

Smileyscoob, would you feel the same if the damage was caused to your Scoob ?
Old 16 October 2008, 11:59 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

also think of all the money that has already gone into this, police time etc. Be a complete waste if you can't be bothered to go.

Get down there and back up the cops for a change!

5t.
Old 16 October 2008, 12:08 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Mate i didnt really wanna go to court when my friend was stabbed and killed last year in wellingborough, that was crown court and I was a witness of it and its not nice, having to stand in the booth looking at the 3 guys that did it to my mate (although only one done it) and yeah tv dont help making court rooms to be big and bad!

If you dont teach these people swiftly and early then it could be a whole car taken next time, then a police pursuit takes place then someone is ran over.......like what happened in Bedford this weekend, not nice mate. Im sure if they were caught nickin stereos in the first place then they wouldnt of been around or have the idiocity to go and nick two cars, take chase witht he police and mow down and kill two people
Old 16 October 2008, 07:37 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what happens if you don't go to court and something happens to your car in the future - police will think "sod it - not worth pursuing as he wont press charges if we catch the crim"?
Of course this is unlikely but you never know

Also - if you or your GF were mugged/ beaten in the street and there were witnesses wouldn't you want them to come forward and give evidence?

Don't let scum get away with it - if they do they'll just do worse next time
Old 16 October 2008, 09:12 PM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

Typical! scumbag police with nothing better to do. Why don't they go out and put some effort into catching real criminals etc etc

Oh, hang on..............
Old 16 October 2008, 10:21 PM
ISLANDMAGEEZER!
Scooby Regular

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Excatly!!! Go to court mate,they'll prob only get community service but its better than walking out scott free laughing at you.
Old 16 October 2008, 10:28 PM
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

Ok....you all have a good point....yeah...I do want him to get done for it....i suppose I'll have to go along with it. I probably wont have to go anyway.

Red Rocket: Yeah, if it had been the Scoob, I would have probably asked around the estate and sorted it out.

Ash: Thats awful what you went to court for. RIP to your mate. My case is pitiful in comparison.

Ok...I will ring the copper and tell him that i'm up for it. These gits get away with too much! And...thinking back, I have had 6 cars broken into over the years and all of them were 'no evidence/prints' cases so, went nowhere. I suppose it would be foolish to pass up this opportunity to nail the ******.

Thanks for all of your advice.

I'll let you know what happens....probably a slapped wrist.
Old 17 October 2008, 02:03 AM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

yup........and how many people who tell the police about it, actually end up with prints and the culprit??? your very lucky!
Old 17 October 2008, 09:28 AM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Your other cars that got broken into might be this same person from the past!
Old 19 October 2008, 12:30 PM
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

Well,, I have phoned the copper on his extension twice now and left two messages....nothing!! Rang him monday and wednesday! I really think that this is on a back burner for them....do it when they've got time!
LOL!....Do you reckon they will recover my bananas and pepsi from the lads house!LOL!
Old 19 October 2008, 12:30 PM
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

My other cars were broken into in different areas but, you never know.