Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Shocking Police reaction.

BBC NEWS | Wales | Disabled man cleared of Pc attack

Bad form this one!
Old 09 October 2008, 12:13 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, not the best PR for the police... but he does sound like he has nothing better to do than complain to be fair.
Old 09 October 2008, 03:04 PM
st33ly
Scooby Regular

Sorry whats bad? The disabled guy that takes offence at the way a police van is parked? Tell the **** to wind his neck in and and get a life. If some **** in a wheel chair asked me to move my motor in an emergency then i would politely explain the situation and tell him i am on a job. Then if he became abusive then it would be dealt with. LIFTED!!!! Regardless of disability. Love how he got of due to a medical condition.
Old 09 October 2008, 03:12 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

"The van belonged to another off-duty officer, Andrew Edwards, a police dog handler, who lived in the cul-de-sac. Pc Edwards was called and around the same time, a CID officer, who was passing, also stopped.

Pc Edwards told the court the van was parked at the top of his drive, with two wheels on the pavement, which was on a private road, maintained by himself and his neighbours."

Obviously if your access was blocked then you would not complain?

Funny how a number of off duty officers turn up?

However, does abuse always end up with an arrest of the able bodied?

And the case was thrown out by the Judge.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 09 October 2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09 October 2008, 03:42 PM
AngloSaxon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by st33ly
Sorry whats bad? The disabled guy that takes offence at the way a police van is parked? Tell the **** to wind his neck in and and get a life. If some **** in a wheel chair asked me to move my motor in an emergency then i would politely explain the situation and tell him i am on a job. Then if he became abusive then it would be dealt with. LIFTED!!!! Regardless of disability. Love how he got of due to a medical condition.
What emergency? The copper lived there and I guess regularly parks it there which is why the fracas occurred.

I wonder what would happen if it was someone elses van and it was causing an obstruction to the copper?
Old 09 October 2008, 03:49 PM
s1lko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
"The van belonged to another off-duty officer, Andrew Edwards, a police dog handler, who lived in the cul-de-sac. Pc Edwards was called and around the same time, a CID officer, who was passing, also stopped.

Pc Edwards told the court the van was parked at the top of his drive, with two wheels on the pavement, which was on a private road, maintained by himself and his neighbours."

Obviously if your access was blocked then you would not complain?
I can see why he would be annoyed but (avoiding the whole manhandling issue) the article seems to contradict itself. It says that the van is parked in a cul-de-sac where the police officer lives and that the disabled guy lived in a nearby street. Then it says the van was parked on the private road he lives on, obstructing his driveway.

So, where was the van? Or is it just a lazy journalist who has focussed on the disabled angle at the expense of confirming facts?