Sponsored by:

Looking for a bit of advice

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2008, 10:13 AM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for a bit of advice

Looking for a bit of advice, let me start this is not a PC hate thread. Im trying to find out what to do next.

On the 4th September my car got vandalised, the police came over took a statement. That evening the police done a door to door with the neighbours.

Around 24hrs to 48 hrs, I was contacted by 3 witnesses who were willing to stand up in court to testify against there friend who vandalised my car. The suspect bragged / admitted to the witnesses he done it.
I then contacted the officer who was dealing with my case and handed over the witnesses names.

Then another 2 people came forward to me after being to the police station trying to give a statement about seeing the suspect around my car at the time the damage was done. One of them seen the suspect at my car and the other seen the suspect running away from my car.

As I said they tried to give a statement, they were told the officer handling the case was on his days off at the moment and will contact them when he gets back.

In the last 3 weeks Ive tried to find out what stage my case is at. Ive phoned the station, Ive also went in. Every time Ive been told the officer that is dealing with my case is either on nightshift or on his days off. Ive left my contact numbers and asked if he has a spare moment could he contact me, even if he is nightshift . It doesn’t matter if its very late at night.

To this day, Ive never been contacted. The 5 witnesses have never had their statements taken.

I know a few will say, put a complaint in. The only problem with that, the last time I done that was nearly 20 years ago with an officer. It ended with me getting harassed for 6 months from that officer. Then I took it even further and the officer was suspended from duty and posted to a different area. I really don’t want to go through all that again.
Old 06 October 2008, 12:55 PM
redeye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep at them m8,they are there to protect and serve.If you have witnesses then surely the cops will get a conviction.
If he doesnt do anything ask for his superior.
Old 06 October 2008, 08:33 PM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

Go to the Police Station in person. Explain as you have just done. Then tell them you want your visit and the reason for the visit formally logged. Don't be fobbed off.
Old 06 October 2008, 09:43 PM
STi_Si
Scooby Regular

Pretty sure the law in Scotland is the same as England/Wales in this respect, but unless someone will stand up in court and state they actually SAW him in the act of causing the damage then pretty much anything else will not count. He can brag to who he likes and seeing him near the car or running away from it generally will not help unless as supporting evidence.

As stated above, attend the station and ask to speak to a supervisory officer who should be able to give you an update or at least give the officer concerned a proper nudge in the right direction. Doesn't have to go as far as an official complaint at this stage.

Hope this helps....
Old 06 October 2008, 10:20 PM
jdmforest
Scooby Regular

hes probably not wanting to do the paperwork!
keep at it,why should the little scrot get away with it?

and not that i condone vigilanties but.....................