Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, she crashed into my car, then went to drive off !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2008, 08:33 PM
teamheath2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry So, she crashed into my car, then went to drive off !!!!

Can't believe it!!!! The wife calls me today in tears cos some dozy old cow drifted into the back of our car, WHILST PARKED, and then went to drive off. Get this, my pregnant wife had to run after her to stop her !!! Unbelievable

My Mrs was parked in Tescos car park next to a Mini, therefore sticking out further then the Mini but still within the space. She hears a bang which jolted the car and shook her up so she got out and seen this woman driving on, so she 'waddled' after her and banged on the rear window when she caught up around 3 car lengths down !!

My wife not being very good at the whole insurance claim thing, gave me the details for me to call the womens partner. So I speak to him and he does not accept liability and believes his wife's version of events, that my wife actually reversed into her !!!! As the damage to his car is from the passenger door back he can't see how it happened without our car reversing. I told him our car was stationary and his wife had drifted left into the rear of our car, that is how the damage starts where it does and with the Mini being where it is thats why it got missed out (lucky sod!!)

Anyway details have been passed to Keith Michaels to persue, and hopefully their company will pay up, I will not be happy if I end up out of pocket !!!!!

When I told him about his wife driving off he didn't believe me !! I told him that is a criminal offence if she hadn't been stoppped and I was not happy about it. She obviously thought the car was parked and empty so she could crack on, The nerve!! My wife has been in hospital geting checked out all afternoon, thankfully, everything is OK though.

Rant over........

I am not a happy bunny
Old 23 September 2008, 08:36 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be worthwile popping into Tesco to see if they have any cameras overlooking the area in case the other party deny responsability?
Old 23 September 2008, 08:39 PM
El Cat
Scooby Regular

had one like that before
parked up and some chump drove into the side of me
from where i was would have been impossible to sustain said damage even if i had reversed!
woman said was her fault and that it was the second time in 3 days she had done this!!!
got call 2 days later from her saying was my fault
got call from her insurance company saying they would collect my car in 24 hours for repair
GC8
Scooby Regular

Stick to your guns: if it goes to court you will win. Its easier to lie on an insurance form, after all.....
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

tell them you have witness's and you'll also be retreiving the cctv and taking it to the police, that should make them think about lying. this sort of thing really annoys me. hope you get this sorted matey.

Aaron
Old 23 September 2008, 08:40 PM
teamheath2
Scooby Regular

Yeah, thought that earlier, gonna get the Mrs to pop in tommorow. I spoke to Cops earlier to ask advice on what I could do and I mentioned the CCTV camera option and they said that for them to look at any footage, they need a crime ref no due to The Data Protection act so they were unsure if Tesco would show me
Old 23 September 2008, 08:42 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Tesco have to provide your wife with a copy, as she has been recorded on it.
Old 23 September 2008, 08:43 PM
oli_w
Scooby Regular

thats proper s**t mate! hope they sort em out! if it was in tesco would they have cctv in the car park? might be worth checking out maybe see if u can see the incident if the insurance wont pay out?
i was parked up opposite the doctors surgery when some old man reversed out of a driveway, i watched the rear of his car slowly comin towards mine thinking ' he is gunna stop now surely' but as it ended up he wanted to us my drivers door as a buffer. it was at very slow speed so no majour bangs but a nice dent in the crease of my door and a little red strip of paint. he just carried on and drove off!! couldnt drive after him either as i had to make an appointment. not half as bad as urs tho, glad the wife n lil one to be is ok tho thats the main thing
Old 23 September 2008, 08:44 PM
teamheath2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by El Cat
had one like that before
parked up and some chump drove into the side of me
from where i was would have been impossible to sustain said damage even if i had reversed!
woman said was her fault and that it was the second time in 3 days she had done this!!!
got call 2 days later from her saying was my fault
got call from her insurance company saying they would collect my car in 24 hours for repair
The problem is, that with the damage the way it is, it would be easy to argue the toss either way.

I've not seen the damage on my motor yet as I work away and don't get home till the weekends, and might even have to work this one !!!
Old 23 September 2008, 08:47 PM
teamheath2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oli_w
thats proper s**t mate! hope they sort em out! if it was in tesco would they have cctv in the car park? might be worth checking out maybe see if u can see the incident if the insurance wont pay out?
i was parked up opposite the doctors surgery when some old man reversed out of a driveway, i watched the rear of his car slowly comin towards mine thinking ' he is gunna stop now surely' but as it ended up he wanted to us my drivers door as a buffer. it was at very slow speed so no majour bangs but a nice dent in the crease of my door and a little red strip of paint. he just carried on and drove off!! couldnt drive after him either as i had to make an appointment. not half as bad as urs tho, glad the wife n lil one to be is ok tho thats the main thing
Cheers mate, I must say that if I was you though I would of made an appointment another time and given chase !!
Old 23 September 2008, 08:51 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Bad luck M8 glad the misses is ok
All accidents in supermarket car parks in France are 50/50 who ever is at fault even if you are stood still.
But I don’t think you lose no claims strange country
Old 23 September 2008, 09:03 PM
teamheath2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rbaz
Bad luck M8 glad the misses is ok
All accidents in supermarket car parks in France are 50/50 who ever is at fault even if you are stood still.
But I don’t think you lose no claims strange country
It's a good job I wasn't visiting my parents over there then!!!

Strange rule though
Old 25 September 2008, 01:20 PM
BlooSooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by teamheath2
I spoke to Cops earlier to ask advice on what I could do and I mentioned the CCTV camera option and they said that for them to look at any footage, they need a crime ref no due to The Data Protection act so they were unsure if Tesco would show me
In order for the cops to raise a crime ref. number, obviously you need to report a crime. The Cops must have been having a good day, normally they say 'It's insured isn't it mate?...............Click....Brrrrrrrrrrrr....'
Old 25 September 2008, 05:37 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Mmmmmm,tricky one if the cctv doesn't come up trumps.

It's your word against hers and the insurance companies will probably agree to go 50/50.Insurance is a total scam anyway.My mrs had someone go into the back of her,admit liability and she recovered all costs.

Some insurance companies STILL hold this against her even though it was a non fault accident!!

Glad your mrs is ok.
Old 25 September 2008, 09:17 PM
teamheath2
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate
Old 25 September 2008, 09:39 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

WOMEN.

Know your limits !!!
Old 25 September 2008, 09:46 PM
teamheath2
Scooby Regular

LOL, I won't let her see that
Old 26 September 2008, 11:25 AM
ahar
Scooby Regular

Was parked up in a (rented) minibus with the engine off with a mate once when some old guy trying to park banged into it. We felt the thump, got out looked at the damage – luckily he had just scraped his paintwork on our plastic bumper. As he got out of his car he and his wife completely denied it had ever happened. When shown the fresh green paint scraped from his car and transferred to the minibus bumper he said that it must have happened before!!

Most annoyed – very reluctant to give any details and only did when threatened with calling the police. It was a rented minibus that we had to return in a few days and we were buggered if we were going to get blamed for any damage!