Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vote against retrospective tax now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2008, 11:17 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Vote against retrospective tax now!!!

It may have already been posted, but its too important to overlook just in case someone hasnt seen it yet.

Get voting to try to put a stop to this unfair back dated tax increase!!

Petition to: Remove the unfair and unjust retrospective Vehicle Execise Duty levy (back to 2001 year vehicles) as announced in the Budget on 12/3/08. | Number10.gov.uk

Old 22 September 2008, 11:44 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since when did they GAF what we want?
Old 22 September 2008, 11:55 PM
Marky9074
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is it unfair? Why should I be penalised for having a 2006 car when in reality my emmisions are lower than an older model....? Baaaa humbug
Old 23 September 2008, 03:21 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The new Tax is unfair, eg. my cars emmissions were set in 2005 when it had no revelence to the price of Tax. I can tune and improve emmissions and will make no difference to Tax(unless covert to Gas) so nothing to do with Emmisions just more Income.. Peeps were blinded by the "Great Car tax Idea" But the fuel Price has really screwed us and thier maths up

I Purchasd the car in good faith and will severly penalised retrospectively.

Theyve Crippled the secondhand Market big motors and crippled the new market because no one can sell theyre secondhand guzzlers.

Why not just new Cars at leat they were just Fubaring manufacture and not Joe public.

Aren't they happy that I pay shed loads more per gallon and more tax? to stiff me for even more road tax??

People with the knowledge of the inpending hiked Tax system can make an informed decission on which "New" Car to buy.

Manufactures of new Cars would only introduce new Models with lower emmisssions to appease both the Public and Tree huggers.

They may or may not be the right Goverment for England but this Road Tax tree hugging inflation exploding scheme will be as good as "Dutch Elm Diseise" for Labour

IMHO IIRC

Tony
Old 23 September 2008, 08:29 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Marky9074
Why is it unfair? Why should I be penalised for having a 2006 car when in reality my emmisions are lower than an older model....? Baaaa humbug
It's unfair because it's being applied retrospectively to cars which already exist and which people bought years ago before any suggestion of a punitive tax were made. The owners of such cars were not able to make a properly informed decision at the time they bought their cars.

Moreover, the stated aim of the tax increase is to encourage second hand buyers to choose greener cars - an argument so painfully, obviously flawed that the Govt should be totally ashamed of itself. All the cars on the s/h market today already exist, and are owned and driven by someone. Hiking up the running costs of some of them doesn't stop them existing, it doesn't stop them being used, it just wipes value off the market. The only effect is a negative economic one, right at a time in the country's history when it can ill afford one
Old 23 September 2008, 08:54 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Not sure you've got the point of this? You bought an 06 car knowing the emissions were going to hit you. Those of us who bought our car after 2001 and before 06 were not able to make a judgement on what we bought, based on emissions.

JohnD
Old 23 September 2008, 01:50 PM
Meallbhan
Scooby Regular

I very much doubt it will make any difference wotsoever, but I signed it anyway!
Old 23 September 2008, 05:21 PM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

How about this, they bring out the 2009 model and it has lower emissions than your 2006 model and then you get a bill for double the tax you did last year? Fair?
Old 23 September 2008, 06:23 PM
Marky9074
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
Not sure you've got the point of this? You bought an 06 car knowing the emissions were going to hit you. Those of us who bought our car after 2001 and before 06 were not able to make a judgement on what we bought, based on emissions.

JohnD
Not so John..

BBC NEWS | Business | The new car tax bands

When I picked mine up it was still £210... and was staying that way as far as I knew....

When it changed next year to affect cars after 1st April 2006 (I think) I was truly annoyed... but I get where your coming from...
Old 23 September 2008, 07:30 PM
jdmforest
Scooby Regular

Jobless layabout?

Smacked up scrot?

17 year old "vicky pollard" with 5 kids?

immigrant?

Registered "disabled" with that oh so sore fingernail?

LIVE IN ENGLAND LIKE A KING !!
.................................................. ..

Honest Joe?

Law abiding citizen?

Work full time?

BEND OVER AND LET THE GOVERMENT CONTINUE TO RAPE YOUR RUSTY SHERRIFS BADGE !!
Old 23 September 2008, 08:05 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Can we all club together & sue them for damages?

It's actually worse than that noted above as (before the new rules come in ie winding it back to 2001) any car "registered" in the UK gets stiffed if CO2 levels are above that prescribed ie an older car from Japan, say regd in 2004, is still registered in the UK (say today) & a high tax band levied against it. So you have 2006 UK cars with a lower tax band than a Jap 2004 car that was imported recently ...

The Govt petitions NEVER deliver a result do they? Have any resulted in a Govt back track?

TX.

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
... it doesn't stop them being used, it just wipes value off the market. The only effect is a negative economic one, right at a time in the country's history when it can ill afford one