Turbo timer and Remote Start Clifford CONFUSION!, HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2008, 08:52 PM
esi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo timer and Remote Start Clifford CONFUSION!, HELP PLEASE

Hi guys
i got a Classic Impreza and it has a digital turbo timer ((A turbo timer is a device designed to keep an automotive engine running for a pre-specified period of time in order to automatically execute the cool-down period required to prevent premature turbo wear and failure))

ok, i am going to install a Clifford 650 with the remote start on the car, the guy who wants to fit it for me told me that the turbo timer will be disconnected from the ignition to be able to do the remote start!!,

so is he right? if i want to have the remote start, does the turbo timer has to be disconnected from the ignition?? he said that it will be a confusion between your turbo timer and remote start

i mean fair enough i could still do the thing that turbo timer does but, manually.
by sitting in my car for 2,or 3 minutes to cool the turbo down depends how i drove it.

please give me some advice!!!!!!!!

is there anyone here who has come across the same thing??
Old 22 September 2008, 09:19 PM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=esi;8149258]ok, i am going to install a Clifford 650 with the remote start on the car, the guy who wants to fit it for me told me that the turbo timer will be disconnected from the ignition to be able to do the remote start!!,

so is he right? if i want to have the remote start, does the turbo timer has to be disconnected from the ignition?? he said that it will be a confusion between your turbo timer and remote start

QUOTE]

Walk away from that guy as fast as you can, he has no idea what hes talking about. i have the clifford 650 and i have both auto start and turbo timer working, perfectly.

He having a laugh. and it sounds like hes not a Clifford installer, if he has told you that.
Old 22 September 2008, 09:37 PM
1copperhead
Scooby Regular

i have a clifford installed and there is a turbo timer function built into the alarm itself i had a hks timer installed before the alarm and the installer took it out to fit alarm but iv no probs with clifford timer
Old 22 September 2008, 10:47 PM
N_Scooby
Scooby Regular

My turbo timer was removed and i use the one built into the clifford. I was told that this was because you can't set the alarm while the engine was running off another turbo timer. My mate has a toad alarm and has to stand around for a couple of minutes until his turbo timer has done its thing and then set the alarm!!
Old 22 September 2008, 11:06 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my clifford 650 has a turbo timer built in, i just press the code, lock the car and a few minutes later the engine cuts off
wiley
Old 22 September 2008, 11:19 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A turbo timer does not aid the cooling of the turbo on an Impreza so you might as well leave it unplugged anyway.