Sponsored by:

Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2008, 08:39 PM
cbrbiker13
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed

Hi guy and girls, just a quick one, myself and my partner have been looking at either an EVO 4/5, Supra TT Manual, 200SX or Impreza STi, I've managed to find model info and buyers guides for all the others, but not the Impreza. Please help, looking for info on the differen STi models like P1 type RA etc.

All help is appreciated, think Scooby is the way to go, just need the facts and figures to convince the mrs lol

Thanks

Sam
Old 21 September 2008, 08:55 PM
MrJim
Scooby Regular

Hi Sam,P1 the ultimate subaru but like them all please make sure it has full service history and if you can get some warranty on it even better ENJOY Jim.
Old 21 September 2008, 09:20 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im not sure that everyone would agree that the p1 is the ultimate subaru I think that most would agree the 22B is the ultimate and then the type r then significantly lower down the list after the likes of the spec c and the RAR would come the p1, but it is down to personal preference and ultimatley what you intend on using the car for.
There are too many varients of the impreza to list, i would suggest you do lots of research before you buy. and then buy the best example you can afford, i would also suggest you buy an sti as they come with better brakes suspension,and a stronger engine and gearbox and are better speced than wrx modles especially if you intend on doing modifications which you most definatly end up doing.. as these cars are like drugs once you start there is no way back
Old 21 September 2008, 09:53 PM
cbrbiker13
Scooby Newbie

I currently have a Delsol VTi, had 3 FTO's previously and i'm a bike man too, from CBR's to a Busa, so used to my speed lol. Currently got a duke, like modifying as well as you can see from the Sol, CBR and Busa lol.

Looking for a 2 door really, not selling the DelSol, it will be a 2nd car, as it's going to the Mrs for a toy and commuter. So whats the differences with the Type R, P1 etc? Is there a site with the info, i've tried google, but it isn't very helpful and there is Type RA's, Type R's P1's and other's defo want a classic shape
Old 21 September 2008, 11:50 PM
flat4 to the floor
Scooby Regular

have a go in loftys sti and see what you think before you commit.thats if he hasnt wrapped it again!!!!
Old 22 September 2008, 12:10 AM
WRX marv
Scooby Regular

as above fella do your research but just for the burble of the flat 4 comming out of a 4in pipe it would have to be scooby as you just dont get the same noise off any other car imho ...my 3 year old son can identify a scooby on noise alone

but bewhere there will be another red classic going round lincoln in a few weeks

Last edited by WRX marv; 22 September 2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 22 September 2008, 08:02 AM
cbrbiker13
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by flat4 to the floor
have a go in loftys sti and see what you think before you commit.thats if he hasnt wrapped it again!!!!
No thanks mate, don't really want a go in Loftys car, been in Scoobys before, know what they do, handle etc. Not commenting on his driving lol. Just wanted info on the different models. It won't be until start of next season when we get it. Been looking last night and were defo either going P1, Type R or another 2 door. That's if we go the scooby route Will be selling the bike to release the cash.
Old 22 September 2008, 08:05 AM
cbrbiker13
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by WRX marv
as above fella do your research but just for the burble of the flat 4 comming out of a 4in pipe it would have to be scooby as you just dont get the same noise off any other car imho ...my 3 year old son can identify a scooby on noise alone

but bewhere there will be another red classic going round lincoln in a few weeks
Thanks dude, come to the conclusion that Scoobys are more common then all their equivalents, mainly due to price and running costs. Hence wanting a ltd edition model It's a good thing though it means cheaper insurance, parts and more people who've done things before
Old 22 September 2008, 09:29 AM
MrJim
Scooby Regular

Hi Sam,as Ditchmyster pointed out 22b but depends if you want to spend that much but whatever you choose make sure its a sti at least Jim
Old 22 September 2008, 03:49 PM
flat4 to the floor
Scooby Regular

oh no that means there is going to be four red classics in lincoln now was only mine and lees then an s reg arrived.quite funny as you cant go anywhere without getting the "you was seen earlier", sometimes you just cant hide one of 2 cars in a town this size!!!but now its going to be easier haha.unless its a red wagon and then the nearest one is horncastle and its a nice one at that.
Old 22 September 2008, 08:09 PM
cbrbiker13
Scooby Newbie

I'm hoping for a White P1 I think, after looking at prices etc. Or Type R...
Old 22 September 2008, 09:57 PM
WRX marv
Scooby Regular

pesonaly i would go for a type r...i have heard a few horror stories about p1s needing engine rebuilds at around 50 k due to the ecu not quite set up for our fuel & owners not finding out til it's to late....plus type r's are a good 3 k cheaper
Old 22 September 2008, 10:04 PM
WRX marv
Scooby Regular

oh no that means there is going to be four red classics in lincoln now was only mine and lees then an s reg arrived.quite funny as you cant go anywhere without getting the "you was seen earlier", sometimes you just cant hide one of 2 cars in a town this size!!!but now its going to be easier haha.unless its a red wagon and then the nearest one is horncastle and its a nice one at that.

had mine around 18 months but been off the 15 of those but just finshed rebuilding my engine & it's going back in on sat ,so wish me luck lol...
the s plate 1 is up near me in bracebridge heath....
Old 22 September 2008, 10:12 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi there,

If you want a 2 door, you have 3 choices: Either an import Sti Type R(which the P1 is based on), a P1, or a 22B(silly money, and too much of a classic to abuse).

I would say you would be best off with a Sti Type R. Plenty of very tidy ones kicking about...just spend some time on here learning about them, so you know exactly what to look for when buying. Alternatively, get a fresh import.

Either way, make sure it has been mapped by someone that really knows what they are doing. This will ensure you won't have any costly engine rebuilds to pay for. Subaru engines are very strong and reliable...but only when tuned properly - alot of people import cars and have them running on a lower grade of fuel: in japan it is 100 RON, and over here highest you can get it tesco 99. V power is has an octane rating of 98, and I've heard that imports can be run on this after they come into the country without any problems, but it's best to be on the safe side.

If you get a decent Impreza and have it mapped properly - i.e someone like Andy Forrest, it will take years of abuse...so don't be put off by stories of engine rebuilds etc: they are mostly down to muppets that either tune them badly, run them on cr*p fuel, or do alot of high speed runs(the bonnet scoop on a classic shape impreza stops working properly above 100mph).

Feel free to PM me with any other questions, or add me on MSN as I could answer them more quickly.

Alan

Last edited by GlesgaKiss; 22 September 2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 22 September 2008, 10:13 PM
El Cat
Scooby Regular

there is only 1 white P1 and someone owns that on here and i doubt it would be for sale!
200sx is a batty car
value for money is impreza plus you have the sound of the flat four that nothing else quite gets near!
Old 22 September 2008, 10:15 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

pesonaly i would go for a type r...i have heard a few horror stories about p1s needing engine rebuilds at around 50 k due to the ecu not quite set up for our fuel & owners not finding out til it's to late....plus type r's are a good 3 k cheaper
Yes, that is the same as what I was saying about the import cars being run on lower octane fuel. If I recall correctly, the ecu in the P1 was pretty much meant for jap use as well - probs taken from the Type R and not altered very well. Mapping a P1 would solve this I reckon.
Old 22 September 2008, 11:14 PM
WRX marv
Scooby Regular

my mate grantham has a 1998 terzo with 58 thou for sale,just had new clutch & cambelt change....i know it's not a 3 door but only 333 made i think...pm me if you want more info...priced to sell just split from his mrs so he needs to free some funds to set up house again....think i put some pics on lincstourque grab yourself a bargin
Old 23 September 2008, 12:31 AM
flat4 to the floor
Scooby Regular

had mine around 18 months but been off the 15 of those but just finshed rebuilding my engine & it's going back in on sat ,so wish me luck lol...
the s plate 1 is up near me in bracebridge heath....
i will say it, good luck matey and hope to see it out soon.dont forget to wave even the police are waving at me now in the scoob they have,well at least i think they are waving haha.oh yeah new skoda estate has turned up now, silver in colour and the clear blues fixed to the rear the same as the bmws had,so does stand out once you have seen it the once.enjoy.
Old 23 September 2008, 11:54 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

i will say it, good luck matey and hope to see it out soon.dont forget to wave even the police are waving at me now in the scoob they have,well at least i think they are waving haha.oh yeah new skoda estate has turned up now, silver in colour and the clear blues fixed to the rear the same as the bmws had,so does stand out once you have seen it the once.enjoy.
Are you sure they aren't signalling for you to pull over?