Sponsored by:

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2008, 06:55 PM
dhforever
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation What do you think?

I have modded my scoob to a decent extent now; tein coilovers, everything whiteline H&S exhaust with TSL firestorm backbox (full decat) brembos and sti intercooler plus an andy forrest remap on my mint wrx bugeye. But i was thinking of gettin a M3 BMW which would be great! But last night i stopped outside my local takeaway the kids outside were delighted! taking pictures on their phones and the like. I remember being their age and dreaming of a car like in know earned and own. So i am now thinkin against the BMW cos it just doesnt bring a smile like my scoob does!? Do you guys find the same when thinking of changing to other cars?
Old 20 September 2008, 08:50 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought about selling my scoob a few times,it does get attention like you said,but after The McRae Gathering(a special weekend) Subaru is the only car for me
Old 21 September 2008, 12:04 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I do have the same problem. Mine has just had a new ecu fitted and mapped, so I don't see me putting it up for sale anytime soon, even though I hate it at times.

Also as you were saying, some people love them. I was at a party last night, and had no way of getting there other than driving myself, which meant I couldn't have a drink . Anyway, i'd parked the scooby outside, and when I went outside at one point there were about 15 people standing round it having a nose .

Alan
Old 21 September 2008, 12:07 PM
dan/scooby
Scooby Regular

i love subaru , even if i had a **** load of cash and could get any car id still buy a scooby
Old 21 September 2008, 12:32 PM
Mandz
Scooby Regular

so Dan you wouldnt have a bugatti veyron if you had the ££. you would still stick with a subaru omg dont believe you lol
Old 21 September 2008, 12:38 PM
dan/scooby
Scooby Regular

yh without a doubt
Old 21 September 2008, 12:50 PM
Mandz
Scooby Regular

*****! no1 wud chose a subaru over a bugatti! noooo way!!
Old 21 September 2008, 12:52 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

I would just worry that the BMW is a bit too clinical and 'soulless' compared to the Impreza. Yes, the M3 will be fast, but with all the driver aids and computers that make it such a fast drive, then would you miss more involved driving of the Subaru ?

To me, BMW's are motorway cruisers - designed to go fast in a straight line on the Autobahn with little effort and nice and comfortable, but not really fun cars.
Old 21 September 2008, 12:55 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Mandz - why would you want a Veyron - dog ugly car with stupid running and repair costs that you would only ever get to use 20% of the performance of ? Ok if you own your own race track or airstrip, but not much use as an everyday car. There are plenty of cars for half the price that are 99% as good if you really wanted to spend stupid amounts on a car.

The great thing about the Impreza is that it isnt an expensive car, so you can treat it more harshly - I would love a vintage Ferrari, but would be to scared to drive it anywhere in case it got damaged, and would be just waiting for it to break down if it was driven fast.
Old 21 September 2008, 01:26 PM
Mandz
Scooby Regular

yeh but if you had the ££ 2 buy a veyron, u would have the ££ for repairs, its not all about performance, its 1 sexi car 2. think of the amount of attetion you would get driving a car like that. you could have a subaru for everyday, a veyron for track and motorways.!
aw old ferrairs are just ugly! a 1968 ford mustang shelby! proper american muscle car!