Sponsored by:

Exedy Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2008, 07:22 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Exedy Clutch

As the previous post was locked I will start a new one as this needs sorting out so members knows which SN registered traders are lying and which one isn't If admin, mod or a very well respected trader can get to the bottom of it would appreciate it.
I have received a PM from another seller (involved in the original argument) saying that the FD08H-1 doesn’t exist and that Exedy UK and USA have confirmed this

WTF is going on and who is right
Old 16 September 2008, 08:01 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice one, lets see what happens how.....
Old 16 September 2008, 08:14 PM
M535I
Scooby Regular

Listening to this with great intrest .
Old 16 September 2008, 08:18 PM
M535I
Scooby Regular

ok had a listen and somthing is very wrong I have an fd08h1 chlutch it is on the box it is stamped into the clutch itself !!!!!!! bob my clutch is from japan i think so the usa or the uk mght not use it ??? What i don't understand is howcome i had a conversation with exedy uk two days ago and had it confirmed as an uprated clutch ??? and the matching pressure plate with the clutch ? i can't remeber everything he said but im pretty sure they put a diffrent part number on the eo replacement stuff ??

Last edited by M535I; 16 September 2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 16 September 2008, 08:43 PM
M535I
Scooby Regular

do you want me to take pic's of my clutch to show you ? if mine isnt an fd08h1 then some one is manufacturing the boxes using the exedy name which is copyright !! and not to be taken lightley !.
Old 16 September 2008, 08:46 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

If you take some high res pics of the boxes and friction plate I will have it looked at bobdha@gmail.com

Last edited by Aztec Performance Ltd; 16 September 2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 16 September 2008, 09:16 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

I've never known so much trouble over something so simple. Exedy Telling one person a product exists and then telling someone else that it doesn't

Trending Topics

Old 16 September 2008, 09:42 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The nett of all this is that people could well avoid Exedy clutches in the fear that they don't know what they're actually getting!

JohnD
Old 16 September 2008, 09:56 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
The nett of all this is that people could well avoid Exedy clutches in the fear that they don't know what they're actually getting!

JohnD
Yeh I was going to say that aswell,certainly doesn't look good does it !

All I can say is that I got my Exedy uprated organic from Api and i've been running it for nearly a year at 1.55 bar - 360bhp with no problems at all.
Old 16 September 2008, 10:07 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

I've run Exedys all the time in mine, so know what to look for when checking if a clutch is uprated or not.

Even stands upto 20+ 11 and 12 second 1/4mile drag runs in a single day (340ft/lbs torque) without any hassle.

In saying that though you can kill them quickly if you really want to: YouTube - Subaru- Drag racing - what happens when you launch in 2nd
Old 17 September 2008, 07:22 AM
M535I
Scooby Regular

pic's of my fd08h1 clutch .

hope this helps to clear things up .
Old 17 September 2008, 07:27 AM
M535I
Scooby Regular

sorry if their not to clear they was fine on my laptop.
Old 17 September 2008, 04:53 PM
JUSTCLUTCHES-EXEDY
Scooby Newbie

We can confirm that the FD08H-1 (four spring unit exists). Anyone is welcome to call Exedy THEMSELVES to confirm this.

Purely from the feedback we have received from customers we prefer the later four spring FD08H-1...however if our customers still wish for the old style FD08H (six spring) Stage 1 clutch then we can also supply that at the best possible price within Europe GUARANTEED.
Old 17 September 2008, 06:05 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

It's probably a bit of pot luck on what you send out in your uprated kits and the fact of the matter is it is very hard for customers to tell the difference by just looking at the clutches.

It wasn't long ago when you sent us a OE FJD024U friction plate in one of your "uprated/racing" kits and then proceeded to tell me that it's not incorrect, but the one you always send out and have never had a problem with it.

You may be all smiles whilst taking peoples money, but it's not much fun chasing you when things go wrong:

Techniclutch warning. - GT-R Register - Official Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum
techniclutch on ebay - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum
Techniclutch Problems - Not Happy At All! - The Punto Sports Club Forum
Techniclutch - your experiences ? - PassionFord
Techniclutch guinea pig - Skyline Owners Club - The Nissan Skyline Enthusiast Community
+ many more.

You will not find a single bad report from a customer about our service or products.

Last edited by Aztec Performance Ltd; 17 September 2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 17 September 2008, 06:36 PM
M535I
Scooby Regular

Do you have identifying marks on the friction plate?
What are these bob and ill get them for u .
I personally phoned exedy tecnhical today and my clutchis made by exedy japan and is not yet sold in the uk ! the uk don't have enoughtechnical data to see what the diffrence between the fd08h and the fd08h-1 . I? didnt speak to steve i spoke to th japanese guy in the tech department . he can not tell me how just clutches came to sell them as he doesnt deal with the distruibutors. So wtf is my clutch that i have i have one company saying its lergit the other saying its not evan made and exedy saying it is !!! and its uprated !!!! oh and can we keep this to the fact's and not a slaging match between companys as the thread will be locked and deleted yet again !!!
Old 17 September 2008, 06:44 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

If you look at the friction plate you will have numbers/letters near the springs.

I understand your concerns. I have just been relaying the information received.

I know the guy that you are on about. I spoke with him last week and he told me the same thing as what Steve Rodgers did on that phonecall that was recorded. Steve seems far more knowledgable and also knows the distribution side of things. Exedy USA also say the same thing (as you can see on emails).

If your happy it's what you want and know the technical specs, then you should feel happy enough to go ahead and fit.

I've only ever fitted the official Stage 1 Kit which has the FD08H and find it works very well and can take a fair bit of stick on the dragstrip also.

Cheers,

Bob
Old 17 September 2008, 07:00 PM
JUSTCLUTCHES-EXEDY
Scooby Newbie

Bob, we have never slandered you and neither do we wish to - your libellous comments have been forwarded to our Solicitor.

We supplied you Bob with what you have previously asked for - indeed, in your last order you specified FD08H (six spring) but that was totally your decision.

For clarity, Justclutches-Exedy is NOT Techniclutch.

The FD08H is a six spring Racing plate
The FD08H-1 is a four sprung Racing plate

Both are Organic. We prefer the FD08H-1 as we have had numerous reports of judder on the FD08H.

If customers prefer for us to supply the FD08H then we will do at the same price as the FD08H-1; either way we can supply either unit for the SAME and BEST PRICE.

WE WILL NOT AND CANNOT BE BEATEN ON PRICE WITHIN EUROPE.
Old 17 September 2008, 07:13 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JUSTCLUTCHES-EXEDY

We supplied you Bob with what you have previously asked for - indeed, in your last order you specified FD08H (six spring) but that was totally your decision.

We purchased Exedy "uprated/racing" clutch kits and received a OE friction plates and an uprated cover, which you didn't see anything wrong with

Originally Posted by JUSTCLUTCHES-EXEDY

For clarity, Justclutches-Exedy is NOT Techniclutch.
Are you sure about that? I have receipts here to say otherwise.

Might be a different trading name as is "nationwide clutch distributors Ltd", "Aspire Prestige Ltd", but it seems that your the guy behind them all.

Last edited by Aztec Performance Ltd; 17 September 2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 17 September 2008, 07:39 PM
M535I
Scooby Regular

will you two get over your self's and stop arguing like kid's !!!
how come exedy uk /usa don't know the fd08h-1 is in use ? answer that ? with out taking chunks out of each other ! . be Proffesional at all times because what ever comes to light one of you might be damaged by it ! .
Old 17 September 2008, 08:37 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

I have nothing to lose or hide.

I have been around here for years, as many people will know.

Only got involved to help out.

Whatever happens with regards to the FD08H1 story, there are still many questionmarks over "JustClutches" and what they have been selling people.
Old 17 September 2008, 09:08 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB'5
I have nothing to lose or hide.

I have been around here for years, as many people will know.

Only got involved to help out.

Whatever happens with regards to the FD08H1 story, there are still many questionmarks over "JustClutches" and what they have been selling people.
That's as may be but you've both presented the case and that's all that needs to happen. Replying to each other is getting a bit ott. Clearly a lot of emoton in here but that needs to be put aside chaps. At this rate (as posted above) people won't know what to think.

Interesting points from all sides though. Looks like we could do with some confirmation from Exedy Japan.

5t.
Old 17 September 2008, 09:39 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M535I
will you two get over your self's and stop arguing like kid's !!!
how come exedy uk /usa don't know the fd08h-1 is in use ? answer that ? with out taking chunks out of each other ! . be Proffesional at all times because what ever comes to light one of you might be damaged by it ! .
Couldn't have put it better myself mate

The one thing I would say to people looking for an Exedy Organic uprated clutch is just get it either from Api as I did or Zen performance as there are no such issues with them as has happened here
Old 17 September 2008, 09:45 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

There are no issues with any of our clutches and nor have there ever been. We supply only the correct part numbers

This is not about us it's about "JustClutches"

Sometimes wish I shouldn't have bothered and people could keep buying misadvertised parts.
Old 17 September 2008, 09:52 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

There are no issues with any of our clutches and nor have there ever been. We supply only the correct part numbers

This is not about us it's about "JustClutches"

Sometimes wish I shouldn't have bothered and people could keep buying misadvertised parts.
It's about you and JustClutches !

There was issues with what you stated about the 4 or 6 spring friction plates and the fact that you had been supplied by JustClutches when you first stated that you hadn't been.

This issue isn't going to get resolved easily as Exedy themselves can't decide what's right and wrong !
Old 17 September 2008, 10:08 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Please take the time to read the blog very carefully.

It's not just about 4 and 6 spring clutches.

I managed to get the order rectified as I handle a fair few clutches and can tell the difference between OE & Uprated.

"JustClutches" average customers would not had been so lucky.

I have never stated that we had not dealt we "JustClutches". Lots of b2b trade happens in the background and it is not uncommon for competitors to supply eachother bits, as and when needed.

I thought it may of been of benefit to warn people of what they were letting themselves in for.

Our part numbers are 100% correct.
Old 17 September 2008, 10:11 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Please take the time to read the blog very carefully.

It's not just about 4 and 6 spring clutches.

I managed to get the order rectified as I handle a fair few clutches and can tell the difference between OE & Uprated.

"JustClutches" average customers would not had been so lucky.

I have never stated that we had not dealt we "JustClutches". Lots of b2b trade happens in the background and it is not uncommon for competitors to supply eachother bits, as and when needed.

I thought it may of been of benefit to warn people of what they were letting themselves in for.

Our part numbers are 100% correct.
In one of the threads that got deleted,you stated that you had never been supplied by JustClutches until John posted about supplying you !

There's been so much mud-slinging between you both it's no wonder we haven't got a clue what's going on
Old 17 September 2008, 10:13 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX
In one of the threads that got deleted,you stated that you had never been supplied by JustClutches until John posted about supplying you !
I can 100% assure you that is not the case.

I do not lie.
Old 17 September 2008, 10:17 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

I can 100% assure you that is not the case.

I do not lie.
Well,as the thread was conveniently deleted I cannot quote what it was exactly that you said but that was how I read it.
Old 17 September 2008, 10:19 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX

There's been so much mud-slinging between you both it's no wonder we haven't got a clue what's going on
If I set it out to you in black and white the thread will get deleted.

All I can say is, if you have purchased one of these ebay clutches in the past and it has died prematurely, don't be surprised to find the friction plate is not uprated.
Old 17 September 2008, 10:26 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

If I set it out to you in black and white the thread will get deleted.

All I can say is, if you have purchased one of these ebay clutches in the past and it has died prematurely, don't be surprised to find the friction plate is not uprated.
M535I purchased his uprated clutch from ebay and it's the 4 spring type. Your phone conversation to Exedy basically states that his isn't uprated yet he spoke to Exedy today and they told him it is uprated

There's no point in me keep on posting what you did or didn't say as that is now irrelevant.

If you sell the correct part numbers as uprated then that is fair enough but in this case it would also look like JustClutches is selling the correct part numbers also.

Only time will tell

Quick Reply: Exedy Clutch