ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Exhaust Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2008, 07:23 PM
EAndy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Dilemma

I've tried to get in on the Slowboy exhaust GB for the Blitz Nur-Spec R but I might be late, I try to ring but it's answer machine and I e-mail but no reply.

The offer price is £415 delivered approx.

Fensport Chatteris 10 miles from me do them for £435 but... none till late September so 4 week wait but if I miss the group buy it's an option.

Now found a company called Evo-S in Luton Bedfordshire and they have 5 in stock at £455 each. (I will try and haggle another £10 off )

Is it worth paying £40 more for the exhaust and £50 fuel? or should I just wait

I've still never heard one either and I consider my exhaust nice anyway but want something a little louder and my midpipe needs changing anyway.

Anyone else as impatient as me?
Old 22 August 2008, 08:39 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Could always go for this....

http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk...p?ID=100865418

...although by brother had one of these on his WRX, and it sounded better than the Blitz....

http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk...p?ID=100864641
Old 23 August 2008, 12:45 AM
D.O.M
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EAndy
I've tried to get in on the Slowboy exhaust GB for the Blitz Nur-Spec R but I might be late, I try to ring but it's answer machine and I e-mail but no reply.

The offer price is £415 delivered approx.

Fensport Chatteris 10 miles from me do them for £435 but... none till late September so 4 week wait but if I miss the group buy it's an option.

Now found a company called Evo-S in Luton Bedfordshire and they have 5 in stock at £455 each. (I will try and haggle another £10 off )

Is it worth paying £40 more for the exhaust and £50 fuel? or should I just wait

I've still never heard one either and I consider my exhaust nice anyway but want something a little louder and my midpipe needs changing anyway.

Anyone else as impatient as me?
I was going to do the GB for the Blitz Nur Spec R in May. But unfortunately stock on the Blitz had run out with it being such a popular choice, was told that new stock would arrive early September.

So if you've found a supplier with some in stock then you're lucky. As when Blitz UK are out of stock, so are most of the other scooby suppliers, since they all get their Nur Specs from the same source...Blitz UK if i'm correct.
I was lucky as I managed to get one from Scoobyworld.
But when my mate tried to get hold of one, he was told he'd have to wait until September, this was the case with most other companies he called up.

With this in mind, if you are desperately impatient then by all means go for it now and pay the extra.
Tbh, the price you've mentioned doesn't seem too bad anyway, I paid £485 for mine delivered from scoobyworld.
HTH
Old 23 August 2008, 12:48 AM
D.O.M
Scooby Regular

One thing is... i was quite impatient when I was getting my exhaust.
Was bored of driving my standard sounding scooby, and when I couldn't get hold of a Blitz Nur Spec, I was considering settling for an Afterburner Vortex (which I had on my old bugeye), and although it is quite a loud exhaust, it just doesn't compare to the DEEP rumble of the Blitz imo.
Point is, go for the Blitz no matter what it takes. You won't stop smiling LOL
Old 23 August 2008, 12:54 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Keith at Revolution never fails to deliver on price for most of the parts I have bought , give him a call he can only say no to a GB price match
Old 23 August 2008, 11:52 AM
EAndy
Scooby Regular

Sound advice (see what I did there.... *tumbleweed...*)

Cheers guys, Un-Ink has kindly replied and updated me I'm going to give him a call he has some in stock but they might be allocated to those first in line which of course is understandable.

I've rang Evo-S to make sure they have stock but they're not sure even though they've a listing on ebay saying they have 5?

I found a place in Gillingham but thats collection only and 150 miles from me so i'll pass on that + more than the £480.

I'll give Revolution a call as you say, nothing to be lost worse case they so no to price match and no to having stock. Don't ring I won't know

Thanks all!
Old 23 August 2008, 12:02 PM
p1junkie
Scooby Regular

i was looking for a blitz and they do look nice but sound wise the buddy club i have is very similar and very little in the way of restricted bends..i had a nur spec on my old car and it dies look and sound great so wait for the shipment to arrive they are worth it but be prepared they are LOUD
Old 23 August 2008, 12:48 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Could always go for this....

http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk...p?ID=100865418

...although by brother had one of these on his WRX, and it sounded better than the Blitz....

http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk...p?ID=100864641
Agree, the 5Zigen do sound better than the more common Blitz
Old 23 August 2008, 01:39 PM
EAndy
Scooby Regular

Well I rang Evo-S up at 11.15 to ask if they had a Blitz in stock as there site states they have 5 but I wanted to check.

Was told someone would phone me back.

2+ hours later, 13.25 I phone back to find out the person on the phone still hasn't asked someone in the workshop yet as he's busy working on a car at the moment.

Really how long does it take to find out if you have an exhaust in stock or not?

Anyway thats one way to lose £475 business, was told i'd get a call within an hour 'probably' said thats nice you won't be getting my business, there 2 hours away from me if they said yes at 11.15 I could of been there and back by 4 and fitted the exhaust.

If they phone in an hour thats 2.40, i'll be home for 7pm on a Saturday, I think not.

I run a business if I offered this service i'd be bust. If someone enquires on prices or stock while on the phone i'll look at my stock level and give them a straight answer, it's really not that hard... if I tell someone i'll phone back i'll give them a time and make sure I stick to it whats the issue with cowboy businesses now.