Police Vandalism?

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2008, 01:11 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Police Vandalism?

Stolen car stopped by the policeforce.

Boys in blue then promptly smash front / rear / side windscreen under the pretext of "getting attention"

Sorry, but if the car has stopped and you are able to approach the vehicle then - IMHO- the chase is over - why **** the owner off by smashing all the fooking windows?

Appreciate that you might be a bit pumped up but don't use that as an excuse for yobbish behaviour.

If a perp swears at a woodentop - he'll get done for a section 5.
Why should a cop be allowed to cause [IMHO] Criminal damage to property and get away with it ?
Old 20 August 2008, 01:19 AM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

Its used as a distraction technique and works very well, i would also think its only used if the car has been involved in a high speed chase, as when the officers approach the offenders could run agin or poss use car against the police. I don`t see the problem really if these people are running then they get whats coming. If its someone else`s car as in stolen its **** for owner but thats what insurance is for.
Old 20 August 2008, 01:43 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Red face

Originally Posted by WRX_SWRT
if these people are running then they get whats coming...thats what insurance is for.

I don't agree

Stop by all means but once the vehicle is stopped / blocked in that should be the end of it. As far as I am concerned, smashing the windows in is nothing more than the cops behaving like licenced thugs - It doesn't help the owner as the car is going to be off road even longer to get fixed.

By all means - drag the thieving pikey scum out of the car and give him a good shooing to get your kicks but don't take it out on my car.

Ahhhhhhh, just sussed it out...

As we now live in a Stazi-Nu Labia PC State - If you so much as upset a pikies feelings you're up for a disciplinary nowadays aren't you ???

In which case, If I was a rozzer, I'd be mightily fooked off after chasing down some scumbag knowing he/she will probably get off with a weekend at Champneys all paid for our taxes.

In fact - I have changed my opinion (as long as insurance pays out) hoy my windows in, and smack in every panel so I can have a complete body rebuild / repaint {BONUS}

Also - I have kerbed my nearside front alloy (just shaved it) so if you could manage to wreck all my alloys also that would go onto the bill.

I think the turbo could do with an upgrade also so if you could find your way to wrecking that as well I think I could end up with a brand new car.

Cops get their kicks, I get a new car - Can anyone see any downside in this scenario ??
Old 20 August 2008, 02:19 AM
tommihayes
Scooby Regular

I don't agree with it if it was just done 'because the insurance will pay for it' its annoying (especially for us young-uns) when people just say "thats what insurance is for" because at the end of the day, people who pay insurance end up paying, in some cases a lot more.

But this is a tactic to confuse a criminal, in a similar way to how a flash bang works, and if it stops said perp from getting away again and committing another crime, be it steal another car or kill a person then i think its worth it.

They don't just pull you over for having a brake light out and smash your all your windows.

Tom
Old 20 August 2008, 03:30 AM
GavinE
Scooby Regular

They should hit the thieving toe rags in the head instead of smashing the windows. Can't think of a better distraction than that.
Old 20 August 2008, 03:37 AM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

probably just wanted to show how much power they have...fools
wiley
Old 20 August 2008, 07:27 AM
RyanSTI
Scooby Regular

its done to stun the robber, they dont do it on average joe driving around with neons on.
Old 20 August 2008, 08:13 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanSTI
its done to stun the robber, they dont do it on average joe driving around with neons on.
lol - maybe they should - I mean c'mon - neons?
Old 20 August 2008, 09:27 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Was watching "Road Wars" earlier this year.

They had reports that there was a guy driving around uninsured. They followed him, set up a road block, and stopped the car.

Driver didn't try to get away or anything. Just stopped as asked to. Didn't stop 4 cops running over, batterns in hand, smashing all the windows of the car. Dragged all 3 or 4 occupants out of the car, throwing them to the floor, and arresting them all.

For what????????????? All it took was to ask the driver to turn off the car, exit the car, and question the driver to see if he was indeed the guy they suspected was the uninsured driver or not.

Just didn't see the point of smashing all the windows. And why if the driver was uninsured, drag his passengers out of the car and throw them to the floor too?

Last edited by stilover; 20 August 2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 20 August 2008, 09:33 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by stilover

They had reports that there was a guy driving around uninsured. They followed him, set up a road bloke, and stopped the car.

Driver didn't try to get away or anything. Just stopped as asked to. Didn't stop 4 cops running over, batterns in hand, smashing all the windows of the car. Dragged all 3 or 4 occupants out of the car, throwing them to the floor, and arresting them all.

For what????????????? All it took was to ask the driver to turn off the car, exit the car, and question the driver to see if he was indeed the guy they suspected was the uninsured driver or not.

Just didn't see the point of smashing all the windows. And why if the driver was uninsured, drag his passengers out of the car and throw them to the floor too?
because asking the driver calmly to step out the vehicle doesn't make good tv and also doesn't make the cops look hard to their mates.
Old 20 August 2008, 10:26 AM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

bollox, they do this if the driver is a threat, not if the driver is uninsured,, its not even a criminal offence so CANT be arrested,, and the others also cant be arrested as they aint driving, theres MORE to that mate, vehicle prob has some sort of a mark on it but no proof ect

ive been pulled a few times, also for no insurance recently ( got the reg wrong on the cert) and they pulled me, spoke DOWN on me, i was calm like normal

the only thing they done to be a bitch was threatening behaviour cause i told them to " come take the keys from me"

my fault but i knew i was insured
Old 20 August 2008, 11:42 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods

Cops get their kicks, I get a new car - Can anyone see any downside in this scenario ??
owning an older car and insurance writing it off paying out minimal and leaving the owner well out of pocket and car less
Old 20 August 2008, 12:35 PM
Get A Grip
Scooby Regular

Wait for it...

The Police should be out there catching real criminals not giving motorists a hard time.

Here we go again.
Old 20 August 2008, 01:05 PM
BURTON
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover

They had reports that there was a guy driving around uninsured. They followed him, set up a road block, and stopped the car.

I have seen this one the person in this case was a well known criminal and had just left court . the lads were repeate criminals and a bunch of theving scumbags who deserved the treatment they were given this country is to hung upon not upsetting anyone
Old 20 August 2008, 01:11 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX_SWRT
Its used as a distraction technique and works very well, i would also think its only used if the car has been involved in a high speed chase, as when the officers approach the offenders could run agin or poss use car against the police. I don`t see the problem really if these people are running then they get whats coming. If its someone else`s car as in stolen its **** for owner but thats what insurance is for.
Agreed, it is a distraction/confusion and attention getter to stop said scum from thinking about anything else like trying to drive away again, injuring the police and others and causing more damage in the process.
Old 20 August 2008, 02:45 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinE
They should hit the thieving toe rags in the head instead of smashing the windows. Can't think of a better distraction than that.
Old 20 August 2008, 03:49 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Thats nothing: when they crash the car off the road theyll claim for a new BMW/SAAB/Volvo off your insurance... This started out with claiming for damage to Police vehicles by stolen cars, which seemed harsh but justified: of course, you give an inch.....
Old 21 August 2008, 07:08 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen this one the person in this case was a well known criminal and had just left court . the lads were repeate criminals and a bunch of theving scumbags who deserved the treatment they were given this country is to hung upon not upsetting anyone[/QUOTE]

Think he was disqualified as well-hence why he was being tracked from court during the sequence.Shock and awe...Proper order i say
Old 21 August 2008, 07:13 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

I'm sure they only do this if the little ****s have failed to stop or are causing a threat to the police officers safety in some way. At least they don't just run the offender off the road and then shoot the car up like the yanks do

On the whole, we have the best police force in the world and we should support them. They do a very difficult job.
Old 21 August 2008, 07:15 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Ginge !;8079761]bollox, they do this if the driver is a threat, not if the driver is uninsured,, its not even a criminal offence so CANT be arrested,, and the others also cant be arrested as they aint driving, theres MORE to that mate, vehicle prob has some sort of a mark on it but no proof ect

Oh...and under SOCAP,you can be arrested for anything now
Old 21 August 2008, 07:36 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Believe it or not, some criminals, eg those who have just been chased in a stolen car, don't stop the car, put their hands on the steering wheel and say its a fair cop. AND, on occasions, the criminals eg those who have been chased in a stolen car, have tried to drive off. YES, they've tried to drive off!! AND, this is a great one. Some criminals, eg those who have been chased in a stolen car take drugs. as a consequence they have no grasp on reality. Some even carry weapons!! Can you believe it!! So, believe it or not, the police use force in order to arrest the criminal. They are allowed to use force so they, the criminal and the public (ie you) don't get hurt or worse. Its actually their job. Some even feel fear and react the same way as you would
Get real this is 2008. The days of Softly Softly are long gone.

Last edited by s70rjw; 21 August 2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 21 August 2008, 07:51 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Ive seen the cops do this cos someone had a wonkey tax disc
Old 21 August 2008, 11:31 PM
SuberGlue
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by tommihayes

They don't just pull you over for having a brake light out and smash your all your windows.
Tell you what, if they did, you'd make damn sure to check those twinklers were working before each and every trip