Sponsored by:

Part Ex Valuation ?

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2008, 03:09 PM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part Ex Valuation ?

I'm thinking of p/xing my motor in soon, what do you lot think i'll get for it in todays anti performance car climate, am i gonna want to stamp on some poor used car sales persons head when they give me the quote.
It's an 04 STI PPP but with the 05 spec, 46k on the clock, in good condition. FSSH.
Cheers.
Old 31 July 2008, 03:18 PM
rallymad_homer
Scooby Regular

ive just traded my 04 STI, 34k miles, FSSH, again same as yours v good condition and i got.....£10k, might give you some idea.

Pick my 08 STI up on Sat morning... cant wait !

Good luck anyway mate.

RMH
Old 31 July 2008, 03:26 PM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

10k, i could live with that. You've traded yours in for a new motor though so they might be inclined to give you more. If someone was to offer me 10k cash for it today though i'd give it some thought.
Old 31 July 2008, 03:40 PM
rallymad_homer
Scooby Regular

boosh, he started by offering 9.2k, politely told him that would scupper the deal....ha ha took a fair bit to get him up to 10k mind. like you said i think the only reason he did was because i was getting the new one... still im happy with the outcome so musnt grumble !

RMH
Old 31 July 2008, 03:43 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

i think they will offer you around 8K ? may seem low, but dealers start at the lowest possible price obviously. good luck with the sale / p/x though
Old 31 July 2008, 03:48 PM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

8K 4.5k loss in a year thats not to bad
Old 31 July 2008, 03:49 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

If Gordon Brown hangs onto the keys of No.10 you can expect £4.50 and a bag of chips for it next week
Old 31 July 2008, 03:55 PM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX Blues
If Gordon Brown hangs onto the keys of No.10 you can expect £4.50 and a bag of chips for it next week
What flavour crisps ??
Old 31 July 2008, 04:01 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

Knowing my luck....Bovril
Old 31 July 2008, 04:32 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Part ex'd my 53 STi (modded) for a new STi and got £11700 for it in April. Must have done it at the right time.

Lee
Old 31 July 2008, 04:32 PM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

I'd like to sell it privately obviously but i think i've got 2 hopes at the minute, and we all know what they are.
Old 31 July 2008, 04:38 PM
Smudga
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BooSH
8K 4.5k loss in a year thats not to bad
You want to have a Porsche Cayenne mate, 10 months on and potentially a 8.5K loss... ..or worse..... just knew I should have never sold the scoob
Old 31 July 2008, 04:40 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

What flavour crisps ??
if its BBQ then take it without thinking twice!
Old 31 July 2008, 05:06 PM
RyanSTI
Scooby Regular

I'm thinking of p/xing my motor in soon, what do you lot think i'll get for it in todays anti performance car climate, am i gonna want to stamp on some poor used car sales persons head when they give me the quote.
It's an 04 STI PPP but with the 05 spec, 46k on the clock, in good condition. FSSH.
Cheers.
lol dont blame the salesmen, cars are worth no where near what the owner wants for them
Old 31 July 2008, 05:32 PM
172sport
Scooby Regular

Directly from Glass's guide;

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£9190

Average condition:
£8280

Below average condition:
£7410

Ouch.......................................
Old 31 July 2008, 08:16 PM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmmm I've been considering selling the scoob getting a cheap diesel like a fabia vrs and getting a bike again for the summer, but with the state of the summers we've been having i don't think i'd get enough use out of a bike to warrant the costs, which is a bit like the scoob now, i only use it at weekends as i don't need the car for work during the week.Anyone managed to sell a scoob privatly lately ????
Old 31 July 2008, 08:23 PM
colsand
Scooby Regular

If you go to Vauxhall then to the owners menu at the top of the page you'll find "value my car" in the list. This gives you a free trade in valuation of your car supposedly straight from Glass's Guide. Just put my 2000 X reg wagon through and it came out about £1600. Ouch.
Old 31 July 2008, 08:30 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

I think you'll be doing well to get £10k. The car is 4 years old, don't forget. As far as trade ins go I think what you get will be hugely dependent on what you're buying. Another Scoobynetter has just been offered £6k for his 53 WRX by a BMW dealer, but he is buying a used, low spec 335d so there is some room for manoeuvre. If you're looking at something of similar value then you're going to take a pounding. As for private sale.....good luck, mate .
Old 31 July 2008, 08:37 PM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

I was looking at paying around 12k for another used diesel if i didn't go down the bike route either an Alfa GT 1.9GTD (risky) or maybe pay a little more if i can stretch and get and get a Leon FR 170
Old 31 July 2008, 09:42 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

I was looking at paying around 12k for another used diesel if i didn't go down the bike route either an Alfa GT 1.9GTD (risky) or maybe pay a little more if i can stretch and get and get a Leon FR 170
Careful with the Alfa if you are changing car for fuel economy reasons. Their diesels are not that frugal and you could find you're no better off than if you kept the Scoob.
Old 01 August 2008, 12:36 AM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

I know it only really applies to new cars due to the higher purchase price, but Messrs. Clarkson and co. recently did a comparison on the running costs between diesel and petrol versions of the same cars.

It worked out that it took 47,000 miles before the diesel became more cost effective than the petrol engined version

So....taking into account the high price of diesel.........unless you are doing high-ish mileage, petrol is the new diesel!!!!!
Old 01 August 2008, 03:10 AM
bpm1588
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martyrobertsdj
I know it only really applies to new cars due to the higher purchase price, but Messrs. Clarkson and co. recently did a comparison on the running costs between diesel and petrol versions of the same cars.

It worked out that it took 47,000 miles before the diesel became more cost effective than the petrol engined version

So....taking into account the high price of diesel.........unless you are doing high-ish mileage, petrol is the new diesel!!!!!
thing is...i know what you say makes sense and all but try and trade your petrol in then you see the benefit of buying diesel.
i know a guy with a 07 Audi a4 2.0lfsi turbo sline etc etc who was offered 12k just last week in a trade in,they wouldn't even give him book value!.the Audi stealer didn't even want it.the sales guy reckoned had it been diesel he'd have been offering maybe 5+k more.

you and a lot of others know the benefit of petrol but when it comes to shifting a petrol car of highish value a few years down the line you going to be shafted big style.
Old 01 August 2008, 06:33 AM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

One thing with diesel that also gets overlooked is how much money you save if you potter about. Everyone knows about my mpg with my diesel, but as another example my Mrs recently had to do 100 motorway miles in rush hour traffic in her Fiat 500 diesel. She had no choice but to keep to 50mph and got 83mpg according to the trip computer. Try getting close to that in a petrol. Having said that, if you're going to drive with gusto then a diesel will take a lot longer to pay for itself until you trade it in.
Old 01 August 2008, 07:04 AM
RyanSTI
Scooby Regular

diesels take long to warm up as well, so within the first 20-30 mins there atually less economoical than petrol engines. you gotta be doing 15k or more a year to break even on them.
Old 01 August 2008, 09:19 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Cheers.

I'm trying to sell my 2005 STI PPP now. Got a trade-in value (all be it a vauge one) from the first dealer I ordered a new car with (not buying from there now). Anyway, he said he'd give me £10k for it now (Start of July) or £9200 in September. Take it or leave it

Got mine up for £12,750 on PistonHeads. Had one phone call which turned out to be a no show

If I can't sell it I just don't know what to do? Take a massive hit on the car, get rid and buy my new one, or write off the deposit money for my new car? Really don't want to do that.

If I ended up keeping the car, I'd have to buy a second diesel run around. Costing me too much a week now in Petrol. I can afford it, just don't want to be paying it. Cost me £110 last week
Old 01 August 2008, 10:58 AM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martyrobertsdj

Yeah but if i buy petrol ,i've gotta buy a gutless 1.4/1.6 thats going to give me decent fuel economy, at least with a diesel you can get decent stats as with the Leon FR 170 and still get good fuel economy, i don't drive that many miles but rather than filling up with £40 just for getting work and back plus any play time petrol, i could find myself only filling up once a month with a diesel, and with cheaper tax and insurance, it just seems to make more sense to me
Old 01 August 2008, 02:15 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

P/exed my '05 STi PPP with 18"s for 14K with a few bits thrown in a couple of months ago - swapped it for an '08 Sti

This was at a dealer when they had a "turbo weekend" and as long as deal was before end of month. Glasses were quoting approx £11.5K but dropping £400/500 per month so I had to jump... Only prob was that the legacy saloon diesel was "never going to happen" according to them so went STi - what have they just released at the recent motor show - the legacy saloon diesel
Old 01 August 2008, 05:24 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
I'm trying to sell my 2005 STI PPP now. Got a trade-in value (all be it a vauge one) from the first dealer I ordered a new car with (not buying from there now). Anyway, he said he'd give me £10k for it now (Start of July) or £9200 in September. Take it or leave it

Got mine up for £12,750 on PistonHeads. Had one phone call which turned out to be a no show

If I can't sell it I just don't know what to do? Take a massive hit on the car, get rid and buy my new one, or write off the deposit money for my new car? Really don't want to do that.

If I ended up keeping the car, I'd have to buy a second diesel run around. Costing me too much a week now in Petrol. I can afford it, just don't want to be paying it. Cost me £110 last week
If you're doing that many miles then just get rid of it. You will probably end up selling privately for under £12k and that will be after many months if you're lucky. Just bite the bullet and get rid of it. The money you save in running costs will offset any extra cash you get by hanging on for the elusive private sale.
Old 01 August 2008, 06:33 PM
Hitcher
Scooby Regular

Had some figures for a trade in on my sept 06 wrx, 18,000mls - Seat offered £8k and Alfa £8400
Old 01 August 2008, 07:29 PM
RyanSTI
Scooby Regular

the best evaulation your gonna get is from a subaru dealership, all part exchanges have to be under written usally buy a dealer, unless they just go to auction, it costs the dealer to send it to auction. over the past few months cars have dropped alot, its nothing to do with your personal car, its just the way of the world at the moment.

Quick Reply: Part Ex Valuation ?