Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I apologise to all you scooby owners.

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2008, 10:11 PM
Blacksimus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I apologise to all you scooby owners.

A few weeks ago I had given up with having to pay so much to fuel up the scoob and so I put it up for sale.

Had a couple of interests but nothing serious. This evening I deceided to give it a wash and polish before going out for a leisure drive. The smile it put on my face was huge and I thought to myself I can't sell this. Its just PURE RAW FUN on wheels.

So I will be keeping my scoob a while longer.

I apologise because i was on my way to get an MG ZS or a ford mondeo.

I now hang my head in shame.
Old 22 July 2008, 10:12 PM
SqeekyMclean
Scooby Regular

MG ZS or a ford mondeo..... a big WTF
Old 22 July 2008, 10:20 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blacksimus
A few weeks ago I had given up with having to pay so much to fuel up the scoob and so I put it up for sale.

Had a couple of interests but nothing serious. This evening I deceided to give it a wash and polish before going out for a leisure drive. The smile it put on my face was huge and I thought to myself I can't sell this. Its just PURE RAW FUN on wheels.

So I will be keeping my scoob a while longer.
good lad

must have been an evening for it, went for the first random drive out for ages today. all the windows down loving the scooby sound. like you say, big grin time

**** you tree huggers i will not be beaten
no idea how i can afford to fill the tank up, but i'm going down polluting the atmosphere
Old 23 July 2008, 12:52 AM
Wilksey
Scooby Newbie

yeah, does nobody tell the government that the "new improved eco friendly diesel warriors" i.e. ford mondeo, vauxhall astra tdi kick out more crap than ever! Just sit behind one and watch as they put their foot down for the big black cloud of diesel goodness that the environment loves, if my car did that i'd think it was broken!

Diesel is around 10/12 pence a litre more expensive than petrol and if you drive them hard you wont return much more than a petrol, I have (as well as a scooby sti) a honda civic 1.8 vti, its 170 odd horses, and it costs me 4 quid more to do a return journey to london than it does in a astra ctdi, and quite frankly i'd rather drive my Honda at least the seats are comfy. The modern diesels are quicker than petrol and may have more torque, but turbo petrols are more fun!

I also personally prefer the sound of a unrestricted straight through exhaust system, whoever thought of fitting a catalyctic converter to a car was a good idea deserves to be shot! And anybody who has been behind a car in which one these crappy carbon "purifiers" have started breaking down letting all the years of carbon particles back out into the open air will tell you! Also the same with the new modern diesel particle filters, what happens when these break down and people cant afford £300 odd quid to replace them on a car with say 11 months MOT left? They are going to run it regardless until the next MOT, letting all the nasties back out into the open.

Sorry for my rant, but it really does annoy me when the government start putting stupid laws in place especially with cars! As if the general every day motorist doesn't pay enough to keep their car on the road already!

Good news though, apparently in Swindon they are taking down all the speed cameras! So anybody living in that area can pootle freely without constantly trying to remind themselves of the speed limit as they approach a yellow box of junk.

Also Morrissons have dropped 4 pence off a litre of fuel! I filled my Scooby up earlier and took it for a little leisurely drive.
Old 23 July 2008, 09:20 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Good lad I was going to sell mine for a X Type Jaguar, I want a Jag but my son is in the process of doing a dent and stone chips for me in his bodyshop, and I thought hang on a minute you really don't want to sell this do you, So after a discussion with the missus a new set of 17's will be ordered in the next couple of weeks and she will be looking beautiful for the McCrae gathering Can't wait.
Cheers
Colin
Old 23 July 2008, 09:28 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

MIne was off the road for some gearbox work and i was poodling aroiund in the old XR2!!! (well, not exactly poodling) this took about a month and when i finally got back in the scoob on Monday, it was like the first day i ever owned it!!!

all those reasons for not having one disappeared into obscurity!!!

long live the scoob !!

drive safe & enjoy

dazza
Old 23 July 2008, 10:11 AM
Blacksimus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wilksey

Also Morrissons have dropped 4 pence off a litre of fuel! I filled my Scooby up earlier and took it for a little leisurely drive.

You run your scooby on morrisons fuel?
Old 23 July 2008, 11:24 AM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SqeekyMclean
MG ZS or a ford mondeo..... a big WTF
As above!

Seriously, with the truly abysmal prices Scoobs are fetching at present (if you can even sell it in the first place) I have no intention of getting rid of mine for some time, high petrol and tax be damned!
Old 23 July 2008, 11:38 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilksey
yeah, does nobody tell the government that the "new improved eco friendly diesel warriors" i.e. ford mondeo, vauxhall astra tdi kick out more crap than ever! Just sit behind one and watch as they put their foot down for the big black cloud of diesel goodness that the environment loves, if my car did that i'd think it was broken!

Diesel is around 10/12 pence a litre more expensive than petrol and if you drive them hard you wont return much more than a petrol, I have (as well as a scooby sti) a honda civic 1.8 vti, its 170 odd horses, and it costs me 4 quid more to do a return journey to london than it does in a astra ctdi, and quite frankly i'd rather drive my Honda at least the seats are comfy. The modern diesels are quicker than petrol and may have more torque, but turbo petrols are more fun!

I also personally prefer the sound of a unrestricted straight through exhaust system, whoever thought of fitting a catalyctic converter to a car was a good idea deserves to be shot! And anybody who has been behind a car in which one these crappy carbon "purifiers" have started breaking down letting all the years of carbon particles back out into the open air will tell you! Also the same with the new modern diesel particle filters, what happens when these break down and people cant afford £300 odd quid to replace them on a car with say 11 months MOT left? They are going to run it regardless until the next MOT, letting all the nasties back out into the open.

Sorry for my rant, but it really does annoy me when the government start putting stupid laws in place especially with cars! As if the general every day motorist doesn't pay enough to keep their car on the road already!

Good news though, apparently in Swindon they are taking down all the speed cameras! So anybody living in that area can pootle freely without constantly trying to remind themselves of the speed limit as they approach a yellow box of junk.

My car is massively polluting at 298g/kms but the New Legacy Diesel is 151g/CO2. One of the lowest/the lowest (?) in it's class.

The Mondeo/Passat is about 170g/CO2, so they ain't as polluting. Sadly your seeing "clean" soot not the CO2 that's giving all the green meanies a wet pant moment!
Old 23 July 2008, 12:54 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

LOL "CLEAN" SOOT.

Sorry didn't mean to shout...

DunxC
Old 23 July 2008, 01:29 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

MG ZS is a 2.5 V6! Not exactly gonna be lots better on fuel than your impreza anyway
Old 23 July 2008, 02:14 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I have been thinking about selling mine, but then I know I would miss the AWD and handling especially as I have a rather heavy right foot.
Old 23 July 2008, 03:19 PM
SqeekyMclean
Scooby Regular

Not just morrisons other supermarket pumps have dropped the price lower.

Maybe they have put the price of eggs and milk etc up in return
Old 23 July 2008, 04:26 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The soot from dervs is actually worse than petrol, i believe it's carcinogenic how else to you explain the rise in asthma over the years.

They kick out stuff less harmful for the enviroment but not fur us, smart move there mr brown.

DELAYED OR OTHER HEALTH EFFECTS: Cancer: Prolonged or repeated exposure to exhaust gasses produced from engines burning this material may cause cancer. Whole diesel engine exhaust has been classified as a Group 2A carcinogen (probably carcinogenic to humans) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC). Diesel exhaust particulate has been classified as reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen in the National Toxicology Program's Ninth Report on Carcinogens. The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has recommended that whole diesel exhaust be regarded as potentially causing cancer. Diesel engine exhaust is known to the State of California to cause cancer. Contains naphthalene, which has been classified as a Group 2B carcinogen (possibly carcinogenic to humans) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC). Risk depends on duration and level of exposure.Target Organs: No data.
Old 23 July 2008, 05:00 PM
marv wrx
Scooby Regular

Good lad i did the very same a months ago ...just couldn't sell
Old 23 July 2008, 05:39 PM
ruislip
Scooby Regular

great decision...!
Old 24 July 2008, 05:59 PM
Blacksimus
Scooby Regular

Gonna treat myself with new set of mudflapz and sti rear lights soon.

Noway would I even consider selling my maximus again.
Old 24 July 2008, 07:24 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SqeekyMclean
Not just morrisons other supermarket pumps have dropped the price lower.

Maybe they have put the price of eggs and milk etc up in return

The price of V Power aint dropped though!!!
Old 24 July 2008, 07:47 PM
Ste98Turbo
Scooby Regular

I sold my WRX april just gone and bought a vectra DTI and just swapped the vectra back for a WRX type Ra driving is now fun again
Old 24 July 2008, 08:09 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hux309
The soot from dervs is actually worse than petrol, i believe it's carcinogenic how else to you explain the rise in asthma over the years.

They kick out stuff less harmful for the enviroment but not fur us, smart move there mr brown.
Unless of course you think irreversable climate change that wipes out all life as we know it is worse for us than some respiratory diseases that may or (more likely) may not be caused by diesel fumes.