Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emission Compliance...Boring I know!

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2001, 12:38 AM
Blackscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What you need is a nice friendly MOT testing station....a place which MOTs the car fully bar one major exception ~ emmissions.

Wouldn't publically recommend these actions...but do you know how long it took to fit my exhaust ????

Anyway I don't take it for the MOT...it just comes back with a certificate.

[Name and address with-held!]

Old 17 January 2001, 11:43 AM
Jacko
Scooby Regular

Question

I am in two minds what to do about purchasing an Exhaust system without any Catalysts in the system. There are numerous stated power/torque increases using ScoobySport, Scoobymania, GGR complete systems etc but what do you guys that have got these systems do when it comes to the dreaded M.O.T TIME? Earlier cars have less stringent emission legislation to meet, so therefore could possibly get away with a non-cat system. Later model however, would not met the legislation target. What is the experience out there in the field? We all know the history with changing of exhaust systems, i.e. nuts threading etc so what happens to these fitted systems at M.O.T time? Road side emission checks on Sunday mornings could also be a major concern...Any thoughts from the populous?????
Old 17 January 2001, 11:47 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

If you are really concerned then by a exhaust with a 'sports' or high flow cat in it.

I only know of the Power Engineering one which has a cat in the mid-section. Cost is around £400.

I'm sure there would be more available if companies knew how much we wanted them.

Personally, I'll be putting the mid-section back on for the MOT. As long as it's warmed up, you should be fine! (Fingers crossed)

Something I don't need to worry about for the next 18 months or so!

Andy