Sponsored by:

Your definition of "VGC"?

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2008, 06:30 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your definition of "VGC"?

On the hunt for a Scoob at the moment and starting to get a bid fed up travelling around the country to go look at cars that are described as "very good condition etc".

For example, one I went to look at yesterday was a 2005 model and was told it’s spotless inside and out. Ok I thought, this time it was only an hour down the road so thought worth a look....

When I got there I found about 4-5 dents on different panels, dirt marks on seats as well as a few other marks/stains as well as a bent wheel rim and some scratches on the rear panels!! Now to me that’s not spotless, or am I being too picky and should I expect this? (I know i'm not buying a new car).

Mind you the owner was a lady who didn’t even know how to open the bonnet, what the Defi gauges were for or even climate control!!! So for someone who had dials there monitoring oil temp/pressure she wouldn’t have even known when things were not right, so needless to say I walked.

I would suspect most of you on here a probably “enthusiasts” rather than someone who ‘just drives a scoob’. So am I being too picky (I personally don’t think so) or are there good condition scoobs out there?