Sponsored by:

HOW MUCH IS MY CAR WORTH HELP?!

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2008, 12:20 AM
WRX #1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile HOW MUCH IS MY CAR WORTH HELP?!

Hey Guys i need some advice on what i should do, Heres my problem.

I'm thinking about selling my car which is an L reg Impreza WRX Import done about 75,000mls

I have a water leak on my car - pretty sure its the water pump so not a huge job but i will still have to spend say £50 on a new pump, The front bumper is cracked its not going to fall off or split but all the same it is cracked and there are a few age related marks around the car - nothing serious but all the same there are a few marks.

She's MOT'd and Taxed till next year and she was serviced last November - new Rocker cover gasket, Sparks, Oil etc.

Should i fix all the problems at a cost then sell the car for say...........£XXX amount or should i just sell her at a lower price with the problems she has?

I don't want to spend a few hundred quid on making her immaculate if she wont sell or even worse will sell but for much lower than what i want.

So what should i do? And how much should i sell her for (In each scenario) any help (or criticism ha ha) appreciated. Thanks Craig
Old 06 July 2008, 11:45 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

probably about £1500 with the problems, maybe £1800 without.

seems well over due a service if it was novemeber, ie 8-9 months ago since last one.

good luck
Old 06 July 2008, 11:49 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I'd sell without spending any money on it. It surely can't be worth a whole lot more than its breaking price?

I've just broken a mk3 golf 16v gti and I made more breaking and scrapping than what I paid for the car.

Just stick it on Ebay with a low reserve with your listed problems.
Old 06 July 2008, 05:13 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

As above, don't bother fixing it ..... be honest about the problems and it shows goodwill.

The 75,000 miles is low and suspect (as most buyers will also think) unless you have all the old MOTs and service invoices etc.
Old 07 July 2008, 08:14 PM
WRX #1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
probably about £1500 with the problems, maybe £1800 without.

seems well over due a service if it was novemeber, ie 8-9 months ago since last one.

good luck
Its only done about 75 - 125 miles since its last service as i was banned for six months and started cycling and i carried on cycling for a bit after i was banned so i'd rather not get it serviced again just yet thanx for the advice though.

I think i'll prob replace the water pump myself then just sell it so i know whoever buys it won't have a problem on their way home.

Well it looks like i'll sell it then...............If you know anyone interested (Anyone whos reading) PM me with an offer