Sponsored by:

where do i stand on this

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2008, 05:24 PM
catalunyadave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where do i stand on this

i bought a wrx box and diff for my uk turbo as my old box blew up. i got it from a member on here and as we were pm,ing he said the box is in fine working order. it was fitted the other day and the mechanic said 1st,2nd and 3rd were whining like hell and when its in neutral it whines as well. i picked the car up today and he is bang on there absolutly awful and i dont dare go past 3k revs as i doubt they would last.

on the way home and when i put it into 5th it went in really odd compared to how it should be, i was doing 70mph all the way and 5th whines as well but with this gear it has a very slight crunching effect as well.

my mate also said the box has been opened up at some time which again he never stated, i asked him about this and he said" its had the roller pinion bearing replaced" again this was never mentioned when where pm,ing and when i phoned him about the details

now im seriously pissed off as i was told it was in fine working order when clearly its not i have text them about a refund and you guessed it no reply, so where do i stand am i right in thinking that even if you buy second hand goods you still have rights that they should work properly

and know smart comments about "it does work as the car moves" if they said it had these problems and i bought it then its my problem but they never stated this.

im more than welcome to let the moderators check my pm's to prove i aint talking crap, and lets face it if it worked fine i wouldnt be on here asking for advice as i have had the car off the road for a month
Old 05 July 2008, 05:33 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

live and learn my friend...... as ****s happens , alot of these threads going on at the mom , guess that the way this world is going
an honest person is very rare now !!

ps you could name him so other members will be aware of him
Old 05 July 2008, 05:42 PM
catalunyadave
Scooby Regular

ok i will name him so its up to the mods to take his name off incase off legal jargon

JUST VISITING
Old 05 July 2008, 05:53 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i remember seeing his thread,breaking the red scoob.

im always wary of scoobs being "broke" when are fully working/not crashed damaged etc.

think alot have bought from his breaking red scoob so maybe search and see if they have had good/bad times
Old 05 July 2008, 06:27 PM
catalunyadave
Scooby Regular

there is not point rig as most off the parts will be small trivial ones, the fact i have bought a major working part is, someone who has bought a centre consloe isnt going to complain if you see where im coming from
Old 05 July 2008, 06:40 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

It depends what he said actually and if you have it in writing all the better.

If he said that it is in perfect working order, in writing, you can sue.

If he didn't make any such claims then it's a lot more difficult.

You have three ways to go, ignore it, take it to court or visit the member with the box and take your money back in exchange for the duff box.

If the evidence points to a good box, get an engineers report on the condition of the box. Video with sound the car with the box in for the court. Issue a small claims court summons .... the defendant will probably move it to his local court so you may have to travel, take it all the way - if the other side gets a County Court Judgement against them it makes most transactions in life difficult.

It's your call.
Old 05 July 2008, 07:37 PM
catalunyadave
Scooby Regular

the noise is horrendous, i have some texts on mine as i said about sending it back when the mechanic told me about it, and i have some saying the box was "fine" when it left his and he knows its a good box as he reuilt it himself
Old 05 July 2008, 08:06 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Take it to court. It really is simple to do. Do it sooner rather than later!
Old 05 July 2008, 10:42 PM
tompka
Scooby Regular

Print off/back up all your pms.
Transfer all your texts onto your pc and do the same or ask your phone operator to print off a copy of all the texts sent and recived.
Also ask for a list of phone calls etc to be sent.

While your in the process of doing this get in touch with the police, and file a complaint. Tell them you either want a refund or want him taken to court. Give them all his details and let them do their "magic".
Old 05 July 2008, 11:13 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Police?

What the hell will the Police do?

It's a civil matter - no crime has been committed ..... just someone is claiming that they have been stitched up in a deal.
Old 05 July 2008, 11:36 PM
swifty.....!
Scooby Regular

unfortunately with buying anything second hand its your word against his as he can just keep saying when it left him it was in perfect working order and you must of done something to it etc etc.
your more likely way to get some money back is by going to see him if you have his address etc with a few friends
Old 06 July 2008, 01:50 AM
Herbie.
Scooby Regular

Id pay him a visit if you have his home addy.
Old 06 July 2008, 09:29 AM
catalunyadave
Scooby Regular

i have the address but he lives just outside washington and im in suffolk it would cost me a fortune

i have been fair and said i will get it took it out and he refunds me and then sorts his own courier out but nothing from him about that
Old 06 July 2008, 10:44 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Not sure how much the box cost and how you are in physical presence, but - it could be worth a visit with a few of the lads from the gym?

You can take the box back, collect the money for the box and something for your time and petrol? I used to do '******-backs' for finance and it's surprising how amiable people are when you have chance to chat face-to-face.
Old 06 July 2008, 02:07 PM
catalunyadave
Scooby Regular

the box cost 260 and im a presence at 6'3 and 18 stone but the box is that bad that im just lucky to work a couple off miles away
Old 06 July 2008, 05:10 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I think you have your answer, gather some mates, sling the box over your shoulder and ask the seller to bend over!
Old 06 July 2008, 05:37 PM
M535I
Scooby Regular

£60.00 which you can claim back , as long as you have his name , adresses and proof he said it is in full working order small claim court mate piece of p#ss he will have a letter from a judge within two weeks and if he doesnt sort it they will come after him , and best of all you can apppoint your own bayliffs at his cost to get your money back !
Old 06 July 2008, 06:19 PM
catalunyadave
Scooby Regular

cheers for the info and help im going to dig deep about the small claims court
Old 06 July 2008, 06:30 PM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Making a Claim

You can even file it all online.
Old 06 July 2008, 07:05 PM
M535I
Scooby Regular

worth it mate a blok done it to the previous owner of the wagon i rought afew years ago got a new gearbox out of it !! keep us updated .
Old 06 July 2008, 09:20 PM
catalunyadave
Scooby Regular

cheers timmy i found the same page so im doing it now i will keep you informed as its bang out order and people dont need the stress off **** like this