Sponsored by:

New Sti Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2002, 12:39 PM
GSti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

After a bit of advice....Should pick up my new Sti Prodrive tomorrow (should've been saturday, but they have a bit of a back log..Ahhhhh....), anyway, I'm going to have the new 18" oz's with toyo's fitted when they arrive within the next couple of weeks and I'm unsure what to do with the original wheels...

Initially I was going to keep them for track days, but I'm now thinking that if I'm paying out an extra £2k for the new wheels I should get the most out of them, especially on track days. I would probably only be doing a couple of track days a year at the most, so would it not be a waste just having them sit in my garage ?

I know it depends on the driving, but wouldn't the toyo's last a couple of track days... and then all I've got to do is maybe replace the rubber each year.

What sort of dosh could I expect for the wheels & rubber, probably with less than a couple of hundred miles on them, form a. the dealer or b. privately ?

Totally undecided..... any advice appreciated....

Old 04 February 2002, 12:52 PM
WiseGuy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

In my experience dealers don't offer you much for your parts, but give them a go.
If yo do decide to sell privately then I'll give you £500, may go higher if needed

PS. you lucky git....enjoy