Gave it some welly for once!

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2008, 01:44 PM
GaryCee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gave it some welly for once!

Hi all,

I don't tend to post on here as much as I would like to as at the moment it's the wedding season and being a full time DJ, I'm flat out. I mentioned a while back that I was having thoughts about selling the car as I don't drive it as much as I would like too but everytime I do eventually get in it...I love it.

Anyway, last night I was chilling out with the missus and just got up at around 7.30pm and said "I'm going out for a drive". I never do this as I am quite a lazy sod sometimes but it was great. It was still quite light out and I thought I would go up a few dual carriageways and give it some welly. I was only out about 10 mins when I pulled up at some traffic lights on the edge of town (for anyone in Basingstoke, it was the lights past Tescos that take you up to Bramley). I'm sitting there in the left hand lane (there are 2 lanes at the lights which blend into 1 about 400m down the road), nothing behind me and they are on red. Out of nowhere up next to me stops a Toyota Celica GT with 2 older looking blokes in it. The passenger is grinning at me and looking at the car and it's obvious that they want to have a go. I'll be honest, I never usually bite back but I went out to give it a spin so I thought "Sod it".

The lights went green and I was gone. I didn't even put my foot to the floor but I left them easily. I slowed down when we got into one lane again and they caught up and the guy flashed me. Not sure whether it was out of respect or whether he was just gutted but we got to another roundabout and I went round it and they carried on the other way. I made my way back down the road again and the lights were back on red. As they went green I pulled away and hurtling past me at speed was a black corsa that was blinged up to the eyeballs with a girl in it. She was really giving it some so I let her get on with it.

Me, sell the car?
No way....it's a beast and I'm liking it right now.
Old 04 July 2008, 02:32 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

A spitited drive or a quick blast will usually give you second thoughts. It does for me too.
Old 04 July 2008, 02:41 PM
GaryCee
Scooby Regular

Too right mate.
Everytime I actually drive it I still have that feeling of the first time. I have never actually REALLY given it a go because to be honest, I am not the most confident of drivers. A bad past experience kind of put the squits up me and I just can't get the confidence back.
Old 04 July 2008, 03:25 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

What car have you got?
Old 04 July 2008, 03:49 PM
GaryCee
Scooby Regular

P Reg Jap Import STI Wagon
Old 04 July 2008, 04:52 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

I thought Bentley Continental GT's were fast

Well relatively!

Andy