Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel pump question quick question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2008, 11:41 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump question quick question!!!

Right, yesterday my car started goin on like it ran out of petrol...fair rnough it was on the E, but ive put more in since and still no petrol coming through. Anyway, tried again tonight, had all the seats out n everything tonight, and it barely works, so im imagining the fuel pump has finally seen its last legs.

right, point of it is, my mot's due on saturday, so i really need to sort this quick. and rather than buy a fuel pump off a scrapped classic at a scrap yard, i thought id just go out and buy a spanking new uprated walboro fuel pump, as i live near the scoobyparts.com shop so thought id get a lift and just buy a new one, fit it tommoro night and have it all good for the mot (hoping its the fuel pump!!) but thing is, my cars pretty much standard, part from an exhaust, nothing else engine wise, but anyway will the walboro pump not pump too much petrol? or simply bugger up my engine as its not heavily modified?

now im thinking that it wont pump out more than standard as my ecu wont allow it, so it will just run normally like a standard one?

thought id ask on here for everyones opinion, or if anyone has jus fitted one to their car anyway as they needed a new one.

help much appreciated guys!

Ash
Old 12 June 2008, 11:43 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

In my opinion I beleieve you are correct.
The Pump is only pumping so much, and the injector flow rate has not changed, so it will be the same.
Old 12 June 2008, 11:48 PM
serega
Scooby Regular

It will work as standard
Old 12 June 2008, 11:57 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

The fuel system on the car is a re-circulating one where the fuel that is not used is returned to the tank. The fuel pressure regulator maintains a constant fuel pressure at the injectors and fitting a higher flow rate pump such as a Walbro just means the fuel will circulate faster. The fuel pressure regulator will be more 'active' in order to allow the higher volume of fuel back to the tank so perhaps you could argue that it might fail a bit sooner than with a standard pump. Pointless fitting it on a standard spec car but it'll work OK.
Kevin
Old 13 June 2008, 10:05 AM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

id just rather have a new one than a second hand one off a scrapped scooby....makes sense. and im in a bit of a rush for one as my mot is tommoro! plus that would of been the first im sure on a list of mods i was gonna do after the mot's done anyway

cheers for the feedback tho guys, will be going to get one today, providing my mate hurrys up...in his skoda, lol the shame