Fuel Saver!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2008, 11:04 PM
ScoobyLee2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Saver!!!!

Hi All,

I have seen advertised on e-bay a "Fuel Saver"..

Something to do with magnets I think

Has anyone used one? If so is it any good??

Cheers

Old 11 June 2008, 11:10 PM
Jarvmiester
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyLee2000
Hi All,

Cheers

Ermmm.... perhaps a link might be a good idea....?
Old 11 June 2008, 11:14 PM
ScoobyLee2000
Scooby Regular

FUEL SAVER FOR SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI TURBO LEGACY ZSU5 on eBay, also Injection Fuel Systems, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 13-Jun-08 10:00:00 BST)
Old 11 June 2008, 11:15 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

If they were that good then everyone would have them, or manufacturers would fit them as standard!!!!

There is a better fuel saver....... buy a diesel!!
Old 11 June 2008, 11:19 PM
Jarvmiester
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a tissue of whoppers to me. Promises like these always seem to try and bamboozle you with science.

All that crap about M-zone, ferrite and 1500 gauss WTF!!!

If this sort of thing *really* worked, it would make the inventor very very rich, and it would definitely be a more commonly known item.

I am a sceptic, but I'd be willing to bet my right love spud that they don't work.
Old 11 June 2008, 11:27 PM
BigAl024
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a load of pish to me!
Old 11 June 2008, 11:59 PM
CHUNKY.MONKEY.
Scooby Regular

Hi All,

Cheers

havnt used one mate seen them on a traders stall at santa pod
Old 12 June 2008, 09:35 AM
300bhp/ton
Scooby Regular

I doubt very very much that it is any good.

If you really want to cut fuel costs look into LPG. At 57p litre its half the price of petrol. Plus its 108 octane so a good fuel for turbo motors.
Old 12 June 2008, 09:43 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No it doesn't work! I used to work with magnets and have even 'given' some away to people wanting to try this 'technology' on the understanding that if it worked that they'd let me know. Guess what, no one came back! Anyway, to get a 'strong' magnetic field you'd be using Neodymium based magnets not ferrite.
Old 12 June 2008, 09:45 AM
richie001
Scooby Regular

i think they were on a tv program called mythbusters and they didn't work
Old 12 June 2008, 11:37 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

A friend got duped into buying these. I couldn't stop laughing and kept asking him how he thought they worked.

He was given a demo etc and said for £40 it was worth a try. Nothing happened. Muppet.
Old 12 June 2008, 11:57 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I've no idea about magnets but here is another report that makes ridiculous claims about one of these devices.

BROQUET Quater Mile

So something saves less than a second on a quarter mile run

Big deal - what on earth use is that? That's probably only a second or so a lap for a race car. Hardly going to win a race is it

Avoid. dl
Old 12 June 2008, 12:44 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Hi All,

Cheers

Sure they save fuel. You spend £40 or whatever on one, then have no money for the car to spend on fuel - thus it does what it does.

Then you realise it is a piece of junk that doesn't work, and you have still saved on fuel...
Old 12 June 2008, 12:54 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

That Broquet looks like acetone or acts in the same way
Old 12 June 2008, 01:01 PM
PetesDad
BANNED

If it worked then we would have magnetized fuel injectors or magnetized fuel filters as standard fitment.

I just bet that they do not state where to place the magnet along the fuel line, by the tank? under the car? by the fuel rail? next to the filter? ..... I would imagine that the molecules return to whatever state they want when out of the magnetic field?

Pointless waste of money ...... like quite a few other things to do with cars, anyone fancy a 25W-80 Rally Supreme Oil? Only £65 per 4 Litres (so, it MUST be good!)
Old 12 June 2008, 02:58 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

waste of money imo
Old 12 June 2008, 03:12 PM
300bhp/ton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
I've no idea about magnets but here is another report that makes ridiculous claims about one of these devices.

BROQUET Quater Mile

Big deal - what on earth use is that? That's probably only a second or so a lap for a race car. Hardly going to win a race is it

Avoid. dl
Well not that i want to dispute but saving that amount of time on a 1/4 run is actually quite significant.

I mean people often spend much more, even running into 4 figures to save a similar amount of time. Admittidley in more extreme examples.

Now I'll be honest I hadn't heard of Broquet until I read your post. I also have no frigging idea how it really works. And I'm not about to start claiming it does.

But if you care to spend a little time looking there does appear to be quite a lot of almost overwhelming evidence.

Having now gone through some 3 pages + on Google. EVERY and I mean every single report of people using such a device claim that there is a noticable difference, i.e. an improvement. And EVERY single time it is met with the same scepatism.

However all I've read is non users saying I'm a non believer and then state if its so great why doesn't every car use it.

This is hardly an argument, gee if a car maker makes 100,000 units per year and can save £2 per unit that's a lot of money. If the can then produce the car and not spend £50-100 per unit extra then the savings are truly massive.

Come on people we all know car makers scrimp and cut corners all the time. How many cars use cheap interior plastics, have only a single rear fog light, limited number of interior lights, use vinly on the sides and backs or "leather" seats.

Also what about all the other great technologies:

-nitrous oxide: proven, safe, reliable and works. But have you seen it on many dealers option lists?
-turbochargers: not a new technology. But go back to the late 60's and you'd have been burnt on an open fire for suggesting such a setup on an every day city car
-supercharger: even older than turbo's, but until the last few years very few used in regular production models
-Common Rail Disel: now common but only in the last few years although the technology has been around for 30-40 years. why did it take so long?

Seriuosly I'm not making a sales pitch.

But so far I have not seen a SINGLE claim of someone using these Broquet things and given a negative report.

Maybe its food for thought?
Old 12 June 2008, 07:04 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Broquet fuel pellets are good enough to be used in the P1 by Subaru themselves.
Old 12 June 2008, 07:08 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by David Lock

BROQUET Quater Mile

Avoid. dl
Nice one David. It's not often you have to resort to sarcasm
Old 12 June 2008, 07:21 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Nice one David. It's not often you have to resort to sarcasm
You do on this bloody board

And here's some more.......

"I can't actually be bothered to read the technical stuff or phone you and have a chat. But I have been driving for 5 years so I know everything about cars. And I met a chap in a pub who said his friend's pal had tried these things in his mum's 350 bhp Mini but he didn't think it worked........."
Old 14 June 2008, 10:30 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

300bhp/ton : As someone who has tried the Broquettes that you put in the fuel tank on 2 separate vehicles I can state categorically that they made no detectable difference. Over a period of years I logged fuel consumption on every car I owned and on other vehicles that I drove. This was done accurately, measuring distance on the trip computer to 1 tenth of a mile and the tank was brimmed on every occasion. On the Scooby usually around 50-57 litres and usually at the same pump.
So having been open to the possibility of fuel consumption improvements from this product I now conclude that I just wasted money because there was not any detectable improvement.

Think about this. Someone puts on an aftermarket air filter and the manufacturer claims an additional 8 bhp. The placibo effect is such that the owner now goes out and because induction noise has changed or is now audible that particular filter becomes the best thing since sliced bread and anyway having spent £50 or whatever the owner is not going to admit there is no difference.
The facts are that no air cleaner on its own is going to add anything like 8 bhp but that doesn't stop glossy advertising claims, backed up by testimonials by owners etc. etc.

Einstein RA: Are Broquettes really fitted or added to the P1 or is this just another Scooby myth ? Please tell me where this Broquette is added. Is it in the fuel tank or in the fuel supply line ?
I have a P1 here and when I fitted a fuel pump there were no Broquettes in the tank and the fuel supply looks exactly like that on an STi 5 or 6 so please tell me where the Broquette is fitted so I can see it, take a photograph and post it on here.
Until that happens, Broquettes fitted to P1s are just another Scooby Myth.