04 STI planning mods before ecutek remap

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2008, 04:17 AM
Harryr34
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 04 STI planning mods before ecutek remap

Hi,
I have recently bought an 04 2.0 STI TYPE UK Impreza with PPP. I am looking to modify the car to run circa. 390 BHP.
I am hoping to get some advice from somebody that has managed to get this sort of power from a similar car.

What mods do you recommend?

Will i have to change the injectors/fuel pump considering the car has the PPP fitted?

Is the standard top intercooler up to the job or will i see better results with a front mount?

I want a turbo that pulls hard towards the top end of the rev range (ex Honda Type R/ S2k owner ), any recommendations?

I will most probably running a Blitz Nur spec exhaust with 3" decatted down pipe.

Any other advice on recommended modifications would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Harry
Old 15 May 2008, 11:46 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have recently bought an 04 2.0 STI TYPE UK Impreza with PPP. I am looking to modify the car to run circa. 390 BHP.
I am hoping to get some advice from somebody that has managed to get this sort of power from a similar car.
392bhp/361lb torque myself.

What mods do you recommend? TD05/18g + Booster/Meth, or TD05/20g, or MD321H Turbo. 3" exhaust, colder plugs, CAIK, 3 port boost solenoid.

Will i have to change the injectors/fuel pump considering the car has the PPP fitted?
For 390 you wont need to change injectors, but they'll be about 90%+ duty cycle, over 400 and it's best to.

You'll have the uprated pump as part of the PPP. If not, the walbro 255 £80.

Is the standard top intercooler up to the job or will i see better results with a front mount?
Top mount is proven to be efficient well in excess of 450bhp. If you're tracking your car, then a FMIC would be advisable, otherwise, not.

I want a turbo that pulls hard towards the top end of the rev range (ex Honda Type R/ S2k owner ), any recommendations?
All the above turbos will do that. More so for the latter, but you'll lose early spool. 18g is a good compromise. Again, depends on what you want.

I will most probably running a Blitz Nur spec exhaust with 3" decatted down pipe.
Noisey!
Old 15 May 2008, 04:37 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try a search using the username RLE.
I believe this was a UK STi with almost 400 bhp.