Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever thought you'd show off and then fall flat on your bum? Tell me your story?

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2008, 11:32 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever thought you'd show off and then fall flat on your bum? Tell me your story?

Ever had it when youve had the sudden teenage need to showoff, either in your car or in another situation and fallen flat on your face?

Tell me your story, they always make me laugh!

To get you started ill tell you mine. The day i got my impreza i drove it all day, cruising, generally showing off. It was a brand new 04 sti, i was just 21 and just couldnt resist. Now ofcause the time came to fill the young girl back up with the finest fuel i could find, and now i had an impreza i could justify the journey to the distant and therefore no-where-near-local 'shell' garage for the v-power, or optimax as it was then.

Imagine me, standing there, my mouth beaming nearly as wide as my shiny new car, showing off a plenty, happpily paying the extra 10p a litre for the fuel that lesser informed people are convinced does nothing. I felt awesome.....

Till a guy no older then me pulls up into the garage in a brand new Lambo Gallardo..........

I can honeslty say ive never shown off again.
Old 14 May 2008, 12:50 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

A bit younger but.. pulling stationary wheelies on my Raleigh Chopper and getting my trouser leg caught on the chain guard. I lost my balance the wrong way and fell tree-like onto the street with all my mates looking.

Skateboarding around loudly singing Saxon lyrics (do not ask!), pulled a 180 turn to find a girl I had a bit of a crush on wandering past with raised eyebrows, having heard/watched the lot. (I fell off the skateboard mumbling/coughing).
Old 14 May 2008, 01:32 AM
GROWLER_GRRRR
Scooby Regular

Exclamation stunt man

back in 1994 getting into sports bikes decided to go out with the lads from work
all 40 of them , i was late this day meeting them outside of work , anyway on arrival i couldnt resist a chance to show off BIG MISTAKE .

all 40 lads waiting there and there is me trying my luck at ROLLING STOPPIES
did the first one realy good at about 70 mph . round the roundabout and coming to a stop i did another one ouch bike flipped over hit the head light i nutted the floor and the bike sat there for a second till it all fell over in a big heap
day over bent everything lol i can laugh now but was devistated at the time
i got hammered for years with the taunts of STUNT MAN ETC

pride was dented to say the least thats my story , would i do it again
aye of course i would its a biker thing init .
Old 14 May 2008, 09:37 AM
amahrap
Scooby Regular

I went to Yeovil for a work meeting in my first Scoob, a Tommy Kiara MY95 WRX. Sat in the inside lane at a set of traffic lights a local Barry rolled up in the next lane in an airfix Vauxhall Astra reving his engine so i decided to teach him a lesson.

The lights went green, i floored it, dumped the clutch and after a lot of noise and no forward movement at all the stong smell of completely toasted clutch filled the car. Astra man dissappeared off down the road probably laughing his head off.

Glad i had tinted windows as i was rather a fetching shade of red

Last edited by amahrap; 14 May 2008 at 09:38 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 14 May 2008, 09:49 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

A few, mainly on the snowboard.

Tried to do a 90-roll (back in 2000) with plenty of people watching.
YouTube - 90 roll

and i didn't quite get it right. Broken rib.
Old 14 May 2008, 09:53 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Take one 18 year old STIlover driving his dads Sierra Cosworth 4x4 in wet conditions.
Add into the mix a junction and the famous words "Watch this"

Turning right, full throttle, rear end starts sliding, corrective lock starting to be applied. All going well untill.........

Being 4WD the front tyres obviously had traction even though the rears were spinning happily. Full corrective lock couldn't be applied in time, and I then proceeded to pummel my Dads beloved car straight into the Lampost on the other side of the road.

Worse thing wa the person who was told those famous "Watch this" words was my mother.

Needless to say she wasn't impressed. Neither was my dad. I truely believed I was going to be homeless that day.
Old 14 May 2008, 10:19 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Nowt REALLY bad has ever happened to me, but I've SEEN two pearls:

Guy at the traffic lights in the town centre, sunny day, LOADS of totty sat around watching.
He's on a powerful bike, so he starts revving it a bit. Lights go green, he sets off..........too quick, bike rears under him, he slides off backwards, bike drags him for a few feet then stops dead and he and the bike are in the middle of the road.

Laugh? I nearly cried.

Second one was at a lock on the canal near Mountsorrel in Leics. My mate was at uni in Loughborough, so we spent the afternoon there with our respective girls, now our wives.

Girls are sitting on the bank below the lock watching boats, when along comes a rich guy in his canal cruiser. he ties up and waits for the lock-keeper to open the lower gate.

When it's open, he gives the two pretty girls a salute, the revs the baot a bit to move off.

Woops! he's forgotten to centre the wheel, the boat hits the bank! he turns the wheel quickly. Too far, he careers across and continues into the far bridge pier. Does the same again, and continues to do so all the way into the lock, accompanied by the sound of both girls SCREAMING with laughter.

Alcazar
Old 14 May 2008, 11:22 AM
minty
Scooby Regular

there was a biker on an R1 pulling wheelies and generally flying up and down the road on a lovely sunny day while we were all sat outside the pub.

he'd go up to the islaned , get his knee down come back up the street and back again, he did this for a good 10 minutes or so on a short struip of road,

Until he over cooked it and couldnt slow the bike enough to make the island and ended up taking the shortest route straight accross the island, through all of the flower beds etc on the island.

needless to say he didnt come back around the island and vanished after that, much to the entire pub's amusment
Old 14 May 2008, 12:24 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
A few, mainly on the snowboard.

Tried to do a 90-roll (back in 2000) with plenty of people watching.
YouTube - 90 roll

and i didn't quite get it right. Broken rib.
Stick to these kind of rolls, Gaz; they're much safer!!

http://simcooks.com/wp-content/uploa.../09/popiah.JPG

Ns04
Old 14 May 2008, 01:23 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

Only once. I was 17 my first car mx3 xr31 had it 3 days and had fitted a full s/s system that day, met up with some mates in a local car park decided to show off my new exhaust as i drove in to parking space put foot on clutch and reved it while still rolling anyway foot sliped off clutch and didnt have time to put foot on the brake 10mph in to a post wrote the car off . Im 29 now and i still have to put up with the laughing on a night out.
Old 14 May 2008, 01:25 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by gotmashed
Only once. I was 17 my first car mx3 xr31 had it 3 days and had fitted a full s/s system that day, met up with some mates in a local car park decided to show off my new exhaust as i drove in to parking space put foot on clutch and reved it while still rolling anyway foot sliped off clutch and didnt have time to put foot on the brake 10mph in to a post wrote the car off . Im 29 now and i still have to put up with the laughing on a night out.

Rightly so!!!
I mean, an XR3i, indeed!!!!!
Old 14 May 2008, 01:29 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Rightly so!!!
I mean, an XR3i, indeed!!!!!
Yes i know i would not set foot in a ford now a days but at the time i was paying £2000 for insurance on that while all my mates had mini's or mx1 950cc ford fiesta's It also cost me £250 in costs to fix said post
Old 14 May 2008, 01:58 PM
DEC14N
Scooby Regular

Me and a mate were given piggy backs on the long walk home one saturday night, yes all four of us tanked upto the eyballs with at the time the most popular drink 'hooch', when smart ar*e here suggested a race thinking ha ha I have the upper hand being lighter etc, only to find 10 steps forward the person giving the piggy back tripped over their own feet launching me into the air and stopping not so gracefully using my face as the brake against the pavement! Blood everywhere, scratched and bruised I picked myself up only to find the whole thing had been seen by about 30 people some of which i knew, sooooooooooooo embarassed!!!
Old 14 May 2008, 01:59 PM
New_scooby_04

Ah yes, the good ole 950cc Ford Fiesta; the world's first wind powered car

I had a mate with one and it did the decent thing and expired on him after being asked to sustain 60mph on the way to the Dartford Tunnel

An XR3i would have made you a 'crumpet magnet' in Essex at the time though....had you not binned it!
Old 14 May 2008, 02:08 PM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Mine's a bit mild in comparison. As a 17 year old I used to drive to school in my cherry-red Hillman Imp: all twin carbs, spot lamps, Wolf-Race slot alloys and Peco big-bore exhaust. Everyone must surely have thought that I was the bees-knees. I even had a run-in with the school caretaker who claimed I was driving excessively quickly on school grounds: in response I told the headmaster that my noisy exhaust pipe gave a false impression of speed and he was surprised enough with my ridiculous excuse to let me off.

Anyway, one afternoon I drove it up from the school carpark and popped in to the common-room to get some things prior to heading home. When I came back out a couple of minutes later, the car had disappeared! Where the f*ck is it? I thought. Turns out that I had forgotten to apply the handbrake and/or put it in gear. Meanwhile it had quietly rolled off on full lock across the school playground and parked/crunched itself against some raised paving right outside the dining hall in full view of the dozens of kids eating inside. Needless to say I kept my head down and quickly drove off home.
Old 14 May 2008, 09:46 PM
david_c
Scooby Newbie

I was 19 night out , going back to someone house for a party in my dad's sri saloon , starting racing someone, into a brick wall onto the roof at about 60, only inury was when I pushed the button to let the two out of the boot, yes 7 people in the car two in boot and a soolon!, never seen the two from the boot again....
Old 14 May 2008, 10:15 PM
El Cat
Scooby Regular

was one i witnessed two weeks ago come round the roundabout in the scoob, kids on board trundling onto the dual cariageway at about 50 and head up the hill
super kev in his 106 GTI with dual exit 4 inch exhaust hammers it through the round about past me, just ignore him as dont bother with boy racers, especially not with the kids in tow, glad i did the next car he hammered it past on the brow of the hill was an unmarked plod car and pulled him andi pootled past pi**ing my pants!!! he who laughs last!!
Old 15 May 2008, 12:00 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Stick to these kind of rolls, Gaz; they're much safer!!

http://simcooks.com/wp-content/uploa.../09/popiah.JPG

Ns04
Trust you.