Sponsored by:

Airport parking & Navtrak.

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2002, 08:45 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

What happens when parking at say purple parking. Wont leave card with them but have to leave keys. What happens when or if they move car. As I'll be away if they move the car about a bit will Navtrak will start charging me for false alarms.

Chip.
Old 29 January 2002, 09:25 PM
Jmc
Scooby Regular

If you can afford a scoob you shouldnt be leaving it at the dody purple car parks.
Old 29 January 2002, 09:38 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Don't do it. There's a lot goes on behind the scenes when there is an unauthorised movement - I should know, after a dealer has now set my NavTrak off twice

Presume this is offsite parking - find one that will not move the car.

Incidentally, one of our two WRX's is parked in an airport car park 12 hours a day, five days a week - they aren't as unsecure as the doom mongers will tell you....
Old 29 January 2002, 09:52 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

AFAIK NavTrak won't charge for false alarms, well I've set mine off loads of times and have never been charged.

If they move the car navtrak will try to contact you as you would hope they would. What you might want to do is give them (navtrak) a ring and tell them where the car is, ie; where the car park is, and mention that they might move the car about, so tell them to keep close eye on it, especially if it moves more than say 500 meters.

Personally I'd use a car park where it does not need moving. I'd never hand my keys over to ANY car park, no matter how good.

I'm with Dave on this one as I've left my car at a certain long stay car park for a while and it's been ok. but then it was filthy and it's wagon, so no-one in thier right mind would touch it!

Put it this way, to get out of the car park, unless you're going to ram the barrier, you'd need to put a ticket in a machine, and from what I recall CCTV is on most of the ticket machines, so it's fairly secure, even for long stay/short stay car parks.
Old 29 January 2002, 10:14 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

I've used Purple at heathrow several times with my '98 and P1. So far, not a blemish. At heathrow, they've not long moved the compound so it's even closer, and never leaves the airport perimeter. To their credit, there has also been an indentical mileage added to the car (6 miles, used to be 9) whenever they've had it, and judging by the state of the screen whenever I get it back, it hasn't been touched for the whole month I'm normally away.

With trackstar, I always tell them I'm away, and give them an alternative 'next of kin'.

Josh
Old 29 January 2002, 10:39 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Lightbulb

I would suggest the following...

Ring Navtrak & inform them that you are leaving your car at Purple Car Parks whatever. Tell them that you expect the car may be moved and that you are away from x-date to y-date.

What will happen is that the alarm will sound @ Navtrak HQ - they will notice this and start tracking your car. If it leaves the car park (or goes more than say 1/4 mile from start point) then they call the police etc etc. If it just moves a short way & then the ignition is switched off - they will ignore it.

The reason I suggest this is the number of people who on a daily basis take their car out of the garage without disarming, is very high. False alarms all the time Generally speaking, they will regard as false a very short time with the ignition on - ie a couple of minutes and 20 yds. If they know that your car is at a car park for a period of time, that will be logged. Once a check is made to ensure its not jumping onto the M11, then they will mark the call as false.

Suggest that when you return to your car as well, then ring & advise that you're about to go home.

Drop me an email if you have any Qs