Sponsored by:

General advice and opinions....bodywork question/query

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2008, 05:13 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General advice and opinions....bodywork question/query

Im in a dilemma atm, When the car is all washed and detailed, it looks really nice in black mica (gold fleck) but its driving me crazy when im washing it, seeing little blemishes here and there, I want it to be nigh on perfect, as Im sure we all do.

The lad who had it b4 me has really abused the car and not spent too much time on the upkeep of it, which was disppointing.

Theres a fair few stone chips as one would expect, that could probably be cured with drchips stuff from the US and 2 little dengs that are hard to see, but theres also little bits here and there, and im wondering whether to get someone like chipsaway on the job, or just have the thing bloody re-sprayed.....am I being too picky or what? is everyone like this?

I just want it to be perfect to the eye to everyone that sees it, thing is, when not up close, it looks stunning and comes up lovely.
Old 22 April 2008, 05:18 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

It's a never ending battle mate. I'd try one of those chip bottles from the USA that were mentioned on here and then try not to worry about it. I'd not go down the respray route as I think this could be more obvious than a few stone chips.

I'm not so worried about the chips on mine, it's the bird crap that does my head in! It eats into the paint so quickly!
Old 22 April 2008, 05:19 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

There's a place near to Manvers that's come highly recommended to me mate, I've got some sinilar problems taht I want sorting.

A couple of dinsg where some tw@t has caught the front wing with a trolley, and a scuff on the bumper where it's been scrapped.

Going to go in the next few days and get it sorted so I'll let you know how good the job is
Old 22 April 2008, 05:23 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the fast replies fellas, Ill try soem of the US stuff, ive been impressed with the pics from the lads on here that have used it tbh, so ill give it a whirl.

Ive also got to get the alloys refurbed...but thats my fault..

I suppose when all is said and done, its a second hand car, not a new motor straight off the forecourt, lol, maybe I should stop being fussy?
Old 22 April 2008, 05:31 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

Metal Magic in Barnsley are meant to be good for alloy repairs
Old 22 April 2008, 11:15 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JimmyBFC
I suppose when all is said and done, its a second hand car, not a new motor straight off the forecourt, lol, maybe I should stop being fussy?
The only new car i've ever bought had an accident while it was being delivered. I got it brand new with an even newer wing too! My wife's new car had a great big scratch on the interior! Sometimes new isn't always best!

Let me know how you get on with your wheels (and chips) as like I mentioned, I could be interested in doing something similar once i've got mine lowered.

P.s when it comes to servicing go to Scoobybits in Rotherham, they sorted my dints out there too
Old 23 April 2008, 07:21 AM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flaps
The only new car i've ever bought had an accident while it was being delivered. I got it brand new with an even newer wing too! My wife's new car had a great big scratch on the interior! Sometimes new isn't always best!

Let me know how you get on with your wheels (and chips) as like I mentioned, I could be interested in doing something similar once i've got mine lowered.

P.s when it comes to servicing go to Scoobybits in Rotherham, they sorted my dints out there too

will do mate, wil do.

Trending Topics

Old 23 April 2008, 07:33 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flaps

il second the notion for scoobybits and metal majic. used them for alloy refurb last year and scoobybits sees regular business from me... services etc.
Old 23 April 2008, 09:21 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

You got OCD Jimmy?
Sounds like you're enjoying the new motor though.
Just wait til you spot those dings
dnc
Old 23 April 2008, 10:49 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dnc
You got OCD Jimmy?
Sounds like you're enjoying the new motor though.
Just wait til you spot those dings
dnc

pmsl...I think I have, went ballistic with the dog y'day, just washed and spent a good 3 hour sorting it, to find ****ing dog brushing past it, fukin hairs sticking on the thing id just washed, bleeding dog.

Got the hosepipe full pelt....