Sponsored by:

PPP what to look for?

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2008, 11:44 PM
Cream
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP what to look for?

Still looking for a WRX preferably with PPP, ideally as standard so a 55 plate.
I'm a bit of a scooby newbie so don't know a great deal about the cars. Now I know the PPP has a different exahast i.e. single outlet rather than the twin, but are there any other visual signs I should be looking out for?

Also is it possible to fit a double buggy into a saloon version of the car? I've been looking at wagons but they are few and far between. I've goto be semi practical as I have 3 young children. This will be our second car but in an emergency it may have to be brought out for family duties

Thanx in advance
Old 20 April 2008, 01:28 AM
Harryr34
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Email Prodrive at nwadeson@prodrive.com with reg/vin to find out if the car has PPP fitted
Old 20 April 2008, 08:58 AM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

By far the easiest way to check that a car has PPP, other than phoning Prodrive, is that there should be a certificate with the car confirming it.
Old 21 April 2008, 12:22 PM
Drift_King
Scooby Regular

Another visual check is under the bonnet as there'll be a blue rubber pipe just to the lower left of the intercooler with Prodrive embossed in white. Certificate is also good to check

As for double buggy....I used to have a Combi we2 double and it fitted fine with some space left for other paraphenalia that comes with having small nippers
Old 21 April 2008, 02:08 PM
escott
Scooby Regular

You could search for approved used on the Subaru site - these state if they have PPP.

Used & Demonstrator Vehicles - Proven Used Car Locator | Subaru (UK) Ltd official website - Home of the Forester, Impreza, Justy, Legacy, Outback and Tribeca
Old 21 April 2008, 04:06 PM
Dubster
Scooby Regular

All as Above, on the WRX, easy to spot ones are Blue Hose under the Intercooler, single exhaust outlet (That has Prodrive logo on the top of it) and the all important certificate, you also have the centre pipe cat removed, but they put the original heat shield back round it, and also the changed ECU, but not easily identifiable by that.

If you have kids, and often have a boot full of stuff, hunt down a Wagon, it took me a while, but they are out there.. but them I am a bit biased

Ian
Old 21 April 2008, 06:36 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

As stated above and just make sure you get the certificate.
Old 21 April 2008, 09:19 PM
Cream
Scooby Regular

Thanx guy's some great replies there

I would like a wagon, but by limiting the year to 3- and mileage to 20k- and price to 10-12K there are all of 2 wagons on autotrader. One I have looked at already and was very disappointed at the body work. Nearly every panel had a mark of one kind or another and 3 bad stone chips to panels, I'm sure the dealer would have sorted it out but do I really want a two and a half year old car the has virtually had a full respray. Plus it wasn't a PPP.
Where as there are 33 saloons giving a lot more choice and there for bargaining power. I'll be paying cash which always helps I'm looking to pay around 10.5K to 12K. Preferably around the 11K mark.