Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone play golf ?

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2002, 04:33 PM
JohnS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

The reason I ask is that I'm sorting out a long weekend trip to the Isle of Man in September this year, and two of the hotels we are looking at have their own golf courses.

With a few afternoons "free" during the trip, one of the activities suggested by our contacts on the Island was a golf tournament using one or more of the golf courses.

As well as doing driving type activities (track event, TT circuit, closed section of public road etc), there is plenty of scope to organise lots of social activity type events, such as boat trips, horse riding, brewery tour, scuba diving etc, which could easily be organised in the months leading up to the event.

However, if we had 30 - 60 golfers looking to take part in a small/fun tournament (could possibly fit in 4 x 18 hole rounds during the weekend), then we would need to start organising some block bookings at the courses very soon.

Ideally, I'd like a volunteer to help organise this side of the trip if there is enough interest. We could even get sponsorship for the event from one of more companies, to give us some prizes and trophies to hand out.

Prizes/trophies (SIDC Golf Champion 2002!) could be presented at the gala dinner on the Sunday evening

Any interest ??

John

PS Ferries will be available from Heysham/Liverpool/Belfast/Dublin, and we are also looking at packages to make it very affordable to travel from Holland, Belgium, France etc, as well as the Scandinavian countries making it an international tournament
Old 28 January 2002, 08:33 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

You'll not be opposed to a high handicaping left hander will you

I'm up for it...
Old 29 January 2002, 09:55 AM
JohnS

Not at all

The more the merrier, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in the golfing side of things at the moment, only the driving stuff.