White Van Man - AAaargh!

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2008, 10:52 PM
Lemster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Van Man - AAaargh!

Sorry to stereotype if any of you guys drive one as a job but;

I was out today enjoying a bit of a blast along a good open local country lane. I'd just passed on car that had 'slowly' been overtaken by a a white transit. I soon caught up with him and we both sat behind an old van. All three of us went round a bend followed by a long down hill straight, so I pulled out to over take the two vans. Now I was cautious of the tranny, so turned headlights on, indicated AND peeped the horn so he knew I was behind and with intention to overtake.

What does he do as I hit the loud pedal - ****ing pulls out! There must have been an inch between his rear end and my front bumper!!

Annoying thing is I KNEW he was going to pull that trick. I knew before he bleeding did! If I'd been a little more heavy footed I would have been in the ditch and he would have been well gone without a flinch!!

Another wee lessoned learned - don't assume that people with eyes actually use them!
Old 12 April 2008, 01:01 AM
jmckella
Scooby Regular

I was hit by two, one hit and run but luckily was caught on cctv, inside the shop and outside!! He had no licence, insurance and was well known by the police. The next day the shop phoned me and said they had it o cctv, later the police phoned and said they had the tape and it was blank !!!! I told them the shop had phoned the same morning and saw it clearly, at this the police came up with some lame excuse there machine might not be working !!
The guy finally got 6 points after 2 years, waste of time !! He might have been over the limit as well - coming out of bargain booze saying he didn't know he hit my car tho setting the alarms off !!
Then hit by another white van, he was going to drive off but too many witnesses .
Then nearly a third, but luckily I was still in my car and saw his reverse lights go on and reversed just in time while sounding the horn !! All within 12 month from the car being 1 year old !!!!!!!
It has also being scratched twice resulting in a big respray !!
Could it be a case of the green monster or just a coinsidence ?
Old 12 April 2008, 02:40 AM
Scoobyspanners
Scooby Regular

White Van Man don't care, the Van is not His so be aware. I have had loads of run in's with the Van Man over the Years so give them a wide birth and expect the unexpected!
Old 12 April 2008, 03:45 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

As spanners ays, it's not theirs so they don't give a $h!t. I've reported 3-4 this year alone to their employers (when possible) for dangerous or inconsiderate driving whilst I have been teaching learners. I've also reported two buses, the standard of their driving is seriously in decline ! Last year I was crashed into by a guy in a van who was racing a colleague on a lawn mower, past a primary school at 3pm I reported that not only to their employers, but the Police too

I can understand it to a degree, when I had a rented teaching car I wanted to kill it with a passion, but I would have never endangered another road user. Clutchless gear changes and on quiet mways at 70 in 3rd to try and destroy the drivetrain, and aiming for every speedbump and pothole. It was a Corsa, and if I have in any way contributed to its early demise then I will have done the driving world a huge favour I'm sure we've all treated holiday rentals and the odd removal van the same.
Old 12 April 2008, 05:41 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Default Here we go again!

Originally Posted by corradoboy
As spanners ays, it's not theirs so they don't give a $h!t. I've reported 3-4 this year alone to their employers (when possible) for dangerous or inconsiderate driving whilst I have been teaching learners. I've also reported two buses, the standard of their driving is seriously in decline ! Last year I was crashed into by a guy in a van who was racing a colleague on a lawn mower, past a primary school at 3pm I reported that not only to their employers, but the Police too

I can understand it to a degree, when I had a rented teaching car I wanted to kill it with a passion, but I would have never endangered another road user. Clutchless gear changes and on quiet mways at 70 in 3rd to try and destroy the drivetrain, and aiming for every speedbump and pothole. It was a Corsa, and if I have in any way contributed to its early demise then I will have done the driving world a huge favour I'm sure we've all treated holiday rentals and the odd removal van the same.
Corradoboy, as usual , has a long winded story containing extraordinary detail and subtle grains of wisdom with undercurrent of humility . . .

I, however, am quite eager to get to the point! All white van men are *******, as well as the police!

Cheers!
Old 12 April 2008, 05:48 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

You really don't like me do you ?
Old 12 April 2008, 07:04 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

You really don't like me do you ?
Come on . . Don't be like that! I'm in CaLIFORNIA about to go out . . So why can't I make fun of my old buddy the corradoboy! . . . .So take it easy , all the nice folks in the UK! . . .Watch out . .Corradoboy is about!
Old 12 April 2008, 07:32 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

So you did leave then Just checked the weather for LA and it's the complete opposite of here

How much did the dealer give you for your car in the end ?
Old 12 April 2008, 08:19 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

So you did leave then Just checked the weather for LA and it's the complete opposite of here

How much did the dealer give you for your car in the end ?
9.5 . . And I accepted it with cheer!..I got screwed because I did not have full dealer service history. . . .

Looking to get an STi here . .BTW, I'm closer to San Francisco,so I'l try not to drop the soap!

Last edited by WRX300MAN; 12 April 2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12 April 2008, 08:29 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

In retrospect, you could have got the dealer price a little earlier, then offered it on here for that or slightly more to spite them and do someone a good turn. But, basking in the warm Californian sun I suppose you DGAF

Turning cooler next week for you, but still bright
Old 12 April 2008, 09:01 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Coming back to White Van Creature.

Late Friday Afternoon, a new Audi TT whizzed passed me ( they own the road don'tb they?) and was about 200 yds from a Roundabout, which it had to stop at.

He was signalling left, ( which goes into an intersting twisty fast road) as was I.

A White Van had right of way on the Roundabout and it too joined the Interseting road.

The Audi was up his bottie and overtook White Van Creature, no problem.

I did the same overtake that was, White Van Creature,Orange Light on it's roof came on and, as I finished overtaking, headlights on & the Aliens (pasengers) shaking wristies etc, at me? or the Vidal Sasoon Creature??

Not sure??

Anyway White SH*TE Mobile has accelerated and caught me up, me an Vidal are behind a couple of slower moving vehicles.

Vidal So Sooon overtakes both motors on a blind bend, nothing from Dagenham Land.

I wait till the staight, and overtake, Orange Light on Roof, Headlights on from Dagenhamsville when I do the same in the safe mode.

Wonder why that was??

Vidal Worship or Jap Crap perception.

BTW, Vidal pulled into his drive in the next Village & a beep of the horn thumbs up stuff, no problem there.

Still trying to work out what occurred here?

Regards

Alan MaC
Old 12 April 2008, 09:16 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Pity the poor soul who had it after you. To wilfully attempt to damage someone else's property in this manner is neither big nor clever.
Old 12 April 2008, 10:07 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Pity the poor soul who had it after you. To wilfully attempt to damage someone else's property in this manner is neither big nor clever.
When I handed it back they were pleased that I had looked after it so well. The day I took it back I washed it for the second time in 7 months with the mop I had used to clean my house windows, then gave it a quick coat of the crappest polish I could find in my cellar. Nobody should have to drive such a woeful excuse for engineering, especially whilst learning, it sets such low expectations for people
Old 12 April 2008, 10:31 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

When I handed it back they were pleased that I had looked after it so well. The day I took it back I washed it for the second time in 7 months with the mop I had used to clean my house windows, then gave it a quick coat of the crappest polish I could find in my cellar. Nobody should have to drive such a woeful excuse for engineering, especially whilst learning, it sets such low expectations for people

ever thought that lots of people arent millionaire ***** wavers like on here and can only afford a pauxhall
Old 12 April 2008, 10:39 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Hey, I can only afford a bloody Skoda
Old 12 April 2008, 10:42 PM
TheVoices
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a great near death experience yesterday with white van man !

Overtaking him and a lorry both doing 25mph in a 60 limit when he decided to pull out as well, unfortunately I was literally alongside him so had nowhere to go apart from onto the (luckily) wide grass verge with all 4 wheels !

He was not going much faster than the truck so my overtake was completed on the grass, not knowing whether any damage had been done I indicated and pulled over expecting him to follow me to the roadside. Guess what, the lame a**e mother****** attempted to drive around me ! Took three attempts to get him to stop with the final one involving blocking the road in front of him.

Got out to ask whether there was any intelligent life on his planet but he wouldn't even wind down his window. Middle aged guy with glasses like the bottom of jam jars, just asked what my problem was ? I explained that he had just run me off the road and I wanted to check if there was any damage to my vehicle, he was completely oblivious to what I was telling him and he obviously thought I was some escaped lunatic.

When he wouldn't get out of the van or even wind down the window I said no problem, I'm taking your number and calling the police instead. I was so annoyed at his attitude that I just got back in the car and left him to it.

Thank heavens I was in the Jag not the Impreza, I might have done something stupid if that got damaged. Car seems okay apart from kerbed alloys and about a ton of topsoil and vegetation jammed under the car.

This will teach me never to underestimate the stupidity of others !
Old 12 April 2008, 10:56 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I had one similar to that when overtaking two white Tranny's on a country lane near where I live. Fortunately, I know the road well and it happened at the widest point with good sightlines ahead, so I ran along the kerb with us 3 abreast and me hard on the power to complete ASAP. Dropped the window to enquire as to his coffee preference but carried on my way as there was no damage and I figured they might know each other and I didn't fancy the hassle.
Old 12 April 2008, 11:10 PM
Lemster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TheVoices

This will teach me never to underestimate the stupidity of others !
Exactly!

Would like to think that we are all driving enthusiast, and enjoy a good but safe blast now and again, but there is no accounting for other kn$b heads on the road!

Beware, be very aware!

Good stories, keep em coming.

Last edited by Lemster; 12 April 2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12 April 2008, 11:13 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Im an exception, I get paid by the hour, not bonus..:-) so the maximum I drive at ANYWHERE at work is 30mph.....no bloody rushing around for me.

Just recently got a brand new 08 Vivario aswell, I treat it as I would my own.

There are ****** out there, like you say, be very wary.