Sponsored by:

How rare are Standards?

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2008, 03:48 PM
Lemster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How rare are Standards?

I'm fairly new to the Scooby world having owned my for nearly a month now, but I've noticed quite understandably that the majority of posters have modified their motors to some degree.

My00 is a totally factory standard classic wagon, including the stereo, and I intend to keep it like that partly because so many have been tweeked and it seems to rare to see box standard examples around.

So, how many on here take pride in keeping thiers wholly standard, and is there any re-sale benefits for original spec versions?
Old 06 April 2008, 05:27 PM
scoobmeister
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't of thought short term you will get any re-sale benefits but longer term you may well do, you're right that there are not many standard cars left so if you intend to keep hold of it in a few years time you may well have something that someone will be willing to pay over the odds to aquire especially as there are enthusiasts now buying classics as "weekend" cars.
Keep it standard I say!
Old 06 April 2008, 06:04 PM
AdamNI
Scooby Regular

Depends what you call modified? All mine has is an uprated headunit/speakers and a remap, both things make it a better car in my opinion, but i wouldn't call it modified, not by my definition anyway. If you're happy enough the way it is then keep it that way, you'll only be spending money you won't get back. Some of us can live with that though
Old 06 April 2008, 07:09 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Intended to keep my Classic turbo 2000 standard aswell m8 until a Renault megane 225 took me by surprise and 9 months later and I am the happier side of 330bhp , but that won't stay like that for long as its a long slippery slope once you start I'm sure most will agree, So if you can avoid the modding bug good luck to you.
Old 06 April 2008, 07:13 PM
farmerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

the only thing i have changed on mine is the wheels and i have still got the standard one's
Old 06 April 2008, 08:34 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Depends on the car and your personal preference as well.

I never was and never will be into the whole modifying scene however with scoobies (and Evo's for that matter) I can understand and appreciate the modifications people do.

Major bodwork overhauls are not my cup of tea, eventually you get to a point where the original car is too far removed to be recognised as anything.

My personal preference is to stay as close to factory spec as possible (hence why I am restoring my STi Type RA to the way it was intended), so I can appreciate the car year in year out and hopefully a like minded person will appreciate the car - the type of person I would sell the car to.

I have modified some things like the brakes for improvement and left some bits on like the Blitz Nur Spec R, apart form that the car is virtually a standard stripped out STi Type RA as it left the factory. I don't listen to music in the car that often but have upgraded the stereo with a Pioneer DVD unit and replaced the factory speakers for some better quality ones.
Old 06 April 2008, 08:38 PM
WetPatch
Scooby Regular

I wanted to keep my classic standard also, then i realized how much new classic genuine sti parts cost.
Old 06 April 2008, 08:48 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Mine was standard when I bought it.. and could be reverted in an afternoon as I always keep the original parts.. even down to the japaneese radio :O