Sponsored by:

MPV Drivers!!

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2002, 09:05 PM
phm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I'm curious to know if anyone else thinks that MPV divers in there great big 2.3 galaxy's etc, are a rule to them selves.
I was following the speed limits etc on the A & B roads and this Galaxy driver just couldn't get near enough...got onto the A1, made progress shall we say, and slowed down due to traffic and eh-presto, there it was again!!:mad
I'm sad to say that this isn't a one off incident when it comes to MPV's...must be something to do with the big car - little thingi syndrome!!!:P
Old 26 January 2002, 09:10 PM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

*cough* non-scooby related

My dad has got one of those Picasso ugly nasty looking things, he only bought it because of the fact he could get my sister's wheelchair into it comfortably.

He loves my scoob, likes to think he is driving it But he is one of the better drivers on the road. Not the best, but he has his done the advanced driving thingy.

So, they aren't all that bad

Cheers,

Michelle.
Old 26 January 2002, 09:11 PM
MarkJackon
Scooby Regular

Funnily enough, I cant recollect having a run in with a MPV, theyre just not there, the seem to be 'operated' rather than driven, I mean nobody who is interested in cars buys one of those bloody things. I have a T5 for carting kids in there was no logical reason to buy one of those.

Had a Galaxy 2.3 as a rental car and then a voyager, Galaxy was better but both were complete cack.
Old 26 January 2002, 09:23 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
My other car's a.........Galaxy TDi

All I can say is that when I get out of the Scoob and into the Galaxy I am immediately in cruise mode. I know it won't go fast, and I just don't try. It's great for long journeys and I like the high driving position. In fact it's a brilliant car for everything the Scoob can't do. My wife adores it.

But I always go back to the Scoob.

Old 26 January 2002, 09:32 PM
SiCotty
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I drove a TDI Galaxy from London to Fort William and back and if you are sensible they are not to bad for carrying six other people around. The only problem with them is above 80mph you begin to notice that you are insulated from what is going on around you by such a large extent you don't realise. The brakes are just cack and they don't like corners. Have driven one of those Merc Vans with windows and leather which are also just cack even if you have a fridge next to you to hold the red bull.

Doing 100mph plus down the motorway is well beyond the capability of the car. Both the 2.3 and 2.8 can shift though which is not in the spirit of the people carrier.

Run into these mostley when being driven by one bloke with a wish I was in a BMW look. Tend to be driven differently if family in the car.

Si
Old 26 January 2002, 10:03 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

My car was rear ended by a Renault Espace while waiting at the traffic lights. Does that count?