Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

probably an sial but anyway... EVO mag and the STi...

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2008, 10:03 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default probably an sial but anyway... EVO mag and the STi...

probably a SIAL so soz in advance but pickedup the copy of evo today and turned with great enthusiasm to the STI-vs Lambo article.

First, i have to point out that although i love my scooby im not an owner who claims that the impreza is all things holy and all other cars, including italien exotica, should tremble to my flat four, i was very impressed with what EVO say about its ability when comapred to the Gallardo superleggera.

Also, after reading JC's review on timesonline.co.uk of the sti, saying it was too soft, and then readin that evo also say it appears and feels a little soft, i was a little dissappointed. JC's article implied that the soft handling also meant poor handling. But EVO said that the car was still amazingly capable, even it didnt feel fast, the car was still cornering very quickly with huge amounts of mechanical and, more importantly, sympathetic grip. This has come as a great relief, since i have allways felt that my 04 sti was too stiff for really bumpy roads and that the more soft and compliant wrx suspension would be better for really bumpy roads, eliminating the skips and jumps and while not being ultimately as fast, would more confident inspiring to get your going faster.

I also liked the look of it, espcially in white, so much so that i bumped into the local salesman at the bank, enquired about any sti's coming there way and was told that one was allready there, ready, poised and raring to go, waiting for the 1st of march for registration. He also said that the bumped arches make the car look great in the flesh.

Im off down there the on the monday for a test drive......

..... i just really would prefer a three door though :-(

Anybody else had any thoughts?
Old 20 February 2008, 11:09 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Horrible stubby, slab-sided thing. Looked like a fridge with wheels in the Evo pics