Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Pentagon Tinting Service

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2000, 08:51 AM
Nick C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have considered getting my windows tinted on many occassions and wondered if anyone had used Pentagon for this and if so are they any good. I see their adverts in EVO mag most months. What is the position regarding which windows can be done?
If they are not any good does anyone know a company I can use in the Bristol area.
Old 15 February 2000, 09:18 AM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I useed Pentagon to tint my previous car (red Mitsubishi 3000GT, yes I know, a hairdressers car!) and it looked absolutely wicked. You would not have known that the car didn't come out of the factory with tinted windows! Pricey though, but very good. I suppose you get what you pay for.
Old 15 February 2000, 09:27 AM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Smile

I used Pentagon for the windows of my wife's car (Black Jeep Cherokee).

They are a very professional outfit and had loads of v. expensive motors there brought in by main dealers when I was there (new rollers, big mercs etc.)

Basically all they do is put tinted film on the windows. However, they will take the back one out and do it on a bench. When you consider that the raw materials cost about £30, they are far from cheap - the Jeep cost around £500. However, its a perfect job and looks like tinted glass.

They do 3 shades, a light smoke, a medium and a limo black. We were steered to the middle one and I was a little disappointed with the result. It's noticably darker, but you can still see in quite easlily - I wish I had gone for the limo. IMHO the medium would look better on most cars, but black ones suit the very dark shade better.

There is very little difference from the inside looking out.

They will do all windows except the windscreen, but that too looks darker once all the other windows have been done.

They wanted the car all day which was a bit of a pain. However, they did give us a lift to Shepherds Bush tube station so we took the kids to the zoo.
Old 15 February 2000, 10:17 AM
Nick Lines
Scooby Regular

Question

I'm interested in this too, but from a security standpoint. I am wondering if the clear stuff that is supposed to stop a window from being broken will work on the Scooby. The reason for my doubts is that the Scooby has frameless windows...
Old 15 February 2000, 10:30 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I know that Saj (and maybe Tim) have Pentagon tints in their cars. Saj has the light smoke all round, while Tim has light smoke on the front windows and the smoke tint on the rear windows.

Personally I prefer the light smoke tint, but it's horses for courses!

Pentagon will do a security film for the Subaru, but admit it won't be as strong due tot he frameless design of the doors. The security film only comes in either clear or smoke (which I think is too dark!)

Give them a call, they will sent you a very informative, errr... information (doh!!) pack!!!

I'll be getting the clear security film in my P1!!, unless they start doing it in the light smoke.

Regards
Andy
Old 15 February 2000, 11:11 AM
boltona
Scooby Regular

Talking

I've got Smoke on the black Evo. They will do the limo black tint, but not on the drivers side windows (illegal, apparently). Fantastic job. I dropped mine off, but they can organise trailer delivery and collection for extra money.

Security is good. At night you can't see in the car at all. During the day it darkens the inside, but because light shines through the clear windscreen, you can still see in.
Old 15 February 2000, 11:27 AM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I have Limo black on both sides, silver 4 door.

Back window is a swine to do, the guy that did mine came down from Newcastle, I have used him before.

The rear window needs heat shrinking(?) on, look in the back of Max Power or Redline, Fast Car Etc.

I am looking at going to a place in Birmingham to get my rear window done (Limo of course).

If you saw how difficult a job it is you would never complain about the cost difference over the the raw materials.

The Pro places use high level air filtration to eliminate dust particles which can get behind the film.

Mike.
Old 15 February 2000, 03:32 PM
Saj
Scooby Regular

If anyone needs it done or would like to see their work drop me a line.

Saj
S3 WRC