Sponsored by:

rs focus

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2008, 06:10 PM
easyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rs focus

i have a blob wrx ppp with decat and magnex system. just been whooped by an rs focus. (on a private track) but rolling from 50 onwards couldnt keep up he was always about 2 car lenghts ahead and off of bends that looked like roundabouts he was making distance in every gear. stopped to chat to him and all he was running was 245bhp!!!!??? WTF how in gods name can a car with less bhp beat one with more? i thought i would have had him on low speeds but even th handling was good. anyone else had dealings with these beasts?
Old 09 February 2008, 06:22 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe your a ****e driver
Old 09 February 2008, 06:25 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Come across an RS and a ST although quick they were nowhere near my classic is yours running right m8
Old 09 February 2008, 06:26 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Those cars handle very well as it happens, and he isn't giving anything away to 4wd. You need more power!
Old 09 February 2008, 06:26 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

245bhp and that's more than standard!
With a brave pilot, they're very capable motor cars!
JohnD
Old 09 February 2008, 07:58 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

When my 05 blob was running 276 it used to walk away from FRS', even modded ones (inc one dyno'd at 260). This was through the gears too, 2nd gear and up, so not even using the scoobs traction advantage..!

I've never had a problem modded FST's either..

Now I'm running nearer 350 and the difference is night and day...

I suggest you get your car checked out as a genuine 265PS (as quoted for WRX PPP) should be more that a match for any FRS*. You mention decat, the PPP map will not be able to handle that, and you may well be loosing power due to this. Newage ECU's need to be mapped for a full decat..!

*A big power/300+ FRS will pi55 it's power away spinning it's wheels, the std car can be a handful, even in the dry..!
Old 09 February 2008, 08:29 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Came across one a while back on the m4 he tried to be clever and box me in, i had a hefty passenger he was on his own i did'nt need to go down the box and still showed him the back of my car, id get your scoob on a RR mate, and give andy f a bell.

Trending Topics

Old 09 February 2008, 09:08 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Something doesn't sound right.

What are you running & when was it last Dyno Tested?

Regards.

Alan MaC
Old 09 February 2008, 09:31 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigJay
maybe your a ****e driver
Old 09 February 2008, 09:49 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Are you sure about this guys? Only 20bhp difference & the RS is just 2 wheel drive rather than 4. In a straight line drag doubt that there'd be much in it would there?

RS is a nice looking car too ... did think about buying one a few years ago.

TX.
Old 09 February 2008, 10:00 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Heaven forbid something was quicker than a Subaru
My STI PPP struggled against a hair dressing TT once in a straight line dash to which everyone responded "it must hae been modded" Who knows but the occupants of the TT seamed quite pleased to have disturbed the driver of the iconic Impreza.
I have now left Subaru for more economical forms of transport
An Audi S3 and a Honda CBR600
Focus RS cars are seen as a good finacial investment as far as cars are concerned.
Having owned two Impreza's, this definately isn't the case!

Last edited by nik52wrx; 09 February 2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Why not!
Old 09 February 2008, 10:11 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

It certainly doesn't suprise me that a FRS with 245 and probably a hike in torque wooped you. The Focus is probably lighter and with the 2 wheel drive he will always be at an advantage (unless wet).

The answer is bigger turbo, injectors, top mount, decent exhaust and remap then meet on the private track again.
Old 09 February 2008, 10:19 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You need MOAR POWER!
Old 09 February 2008, 10:21 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nik52wrx
Heaven forbid something was quicker than a Subaru
My STI PPP struggled against a hair dressing TT once in a straight line dash to which everyone responded "it must hae been modded" Who knows but the occupants of the TT seamed quite pleased to have disturbed the driver of the iconic Impreza.
I have now left Subaru for more economical forms of transport
An Audi S3 and a Honda CBR600
Focus RS cars are seen as a good finacial investment as far as cars are concerned.
Having owned two Impreza's, this definately isn't the case!
You were beaten by a gay hairdressers car
Old 09 February 2008, 10:21 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Jeez, I'll probably get flamed but last year I was side-by-side my mate (bgood on here) at 60mph on the motorway, both in top (him 5th, me 6th) and after a 3-2-1 we both floored it. His modified (guess) 300bhp(ish) classic started to drop behind as my lighter car with reduced 2WD drivetrain losses and plenty of torque pulled away. At that time I had 130/228, now I'm running 180/312 so a rematch is on the cards to see if the mighty Scoob can cope once more against my diesel Skoda Spent the rest of that day troubling Scoobs on track, twice overtaking a showboating 500bhp monster

Scoobs are great cars, and quick, but they cannot rewrite the rules of physics.
Old 09 February 2008, 11:09 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Dave you quoting Scotty, as in "Beam me up Scotty...."

Two wheel drive is enough on bone dry tarmac....

That's MY excuse for buying a Scoob.

DunxC

p.s. I got a "whupping" by a "bouy" in an S3, but mainly 'cos I'm a grown up and wasn't going to "race" a pimply yooof !
Old 10 February 2008, 02:08 AM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

i would expect a 245bhp FRS to beat a blobeye wrx with ppp, think about the weight difference and once rolling a tuned FRS can be pretty quick...

a 300BHP FRS is a very sharp motor plus they handle and brake unbeleiveably...i was well impressed with my brothers one, its the only FWD car i would buy

as said above u need more HORSES!!!!
Old 10 February 2008, 04:57 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Sounds like you're having a Bobby Ewing moment & re-writing the laws of physics yourself

TX.

Originally Posted by corradoboy
His modified (guess) 300bhp(ish) classic started to drop behind ... At that time I had 130/228 ...

Old 10 February 2008, 05:06 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by easyscoob
i have a blob wrx ppp with decat and magnex system. just been whooped by an rs focus. (on a private track) but rolling from 50 onwards couldnt keep up he was always about 2 car lenghts ahead and off of bends that looked like roundabouts he was making distance in every gear. stopped to chat to him and all he was running was 245bhp!!!!??? WTF how in gods name can a car with less bhp beat one with more? i thought i would have had him on low speeds but even th handling was good. anyone else had dealings with these beasts?
Weight my friend.

A Focus RS weights 1278kg, while your Impreza weights 1395kg.

A focus RS in standard trim gets to 100mph in 14.9 secs, while your takes 15.1 secs.

In standard trim it has more Torque too.

Basically, a Focus RS is a very quick car. I should know I had one. I had mine Bluefin'd to 236BHP & 263 lb/ft Torque.

A 245BHP Focus is going to worry alot of cars.
Old 10 February 2008, 05:29 PM
Shot8un
Scooby Regular

Maybee he was a better driver, I nailed an ST over the cat n fiddle without a problem. Theres no shame in being goosed by a better driver... come back and fight another day matey

Having said that I got battered by a guy on a 250 a while back, I was riding a fireblade (<---- bike talk) Boy was I pissed

Shot8
Old 10 February 2008, 06:25 PM
easyscoob
Scooby Regular

more power it is, i have the owners cheesy grin as he got out of his car imprinted in my memory. i tried shifting at 5500rpm -6000rpm then i tried shifting bouncing off the limiter as i said just couldnt keep up on the roundabout like corners it was foot down all the way and a slight twich out the back end. last time it got dynoed (dyno dynamics) @ 243.1bhp in the middle of summer running a little rich but other than that car was fine, boosting to 1.25 bar. im starting to like these little frs things. a very capable car. He said it had a red actuator spring and new remap, and a few other things bhp was around 245 but he said torque was close to 300. hhmmmm sounds like the blob is going off the road for a while
Old 10 February 2008, 06:37 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby401
Came across one a while back on the m4 he tried to be clever and box me in, i had a hefty passenger he was on his own i did'nt need to go down the box and still showed him the back of my car, id get your scoob on a RR mate, and give andy f a bell.
Hope your passenger doesn't read this.
Old 10 February 2008, 07:02 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Hope your passenger doesn't read this.
Especially if it is his missus.
Old 11 February 2008, 12:18 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Not mine

TX.

Originally Posted by stilover
A 245BHP Focus is going to worry alot of cars.
Old 11 February 2008, 04:43 AM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Sounds like you're having a Bobby Ewing moment & re-writing the laws of physics yourself

TX.
He's quoting his Fabia VRs, which is a diesel, so doesn't have bug bhp but does have lots of torque. Hence the 130bhp/228lbs ft quote.
Old 11 February 2008, 10:37 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

PPP is not always as powerful as it says on the tin. Loads of threads on here about "under powered" PPP'd cars.
Old 11 February 2008, 11:53 AM
djmisio85
Scooby Regular

Could have been a simple case of an ordinary driver (you) versus a very brave pilot lol (the focus driver)

Some people drive sensibly, some people,ie rally drivers, drive like absolute maniacs.......

I remember back in 2005 when I took my 1litre citroen ax to silverstone for trax, obviously didnt overtake anyone apart from a renault saloon (i was probably the weakest car at the event) but nearly always caught up with people in the corners, just shows how much being able to control your car, and the mentality you drive with, comes out in reality.
Old 11 February 2008, 12:01 PM
projectsubaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Jeez, I'll probably get flamed but last year I was side-by-side my mate (bgood on here) at 60mph on the motorway, both in top (him 5th, me 6th) and after a 3-2-1 we both floored it. His modified (guess) 300bhp(ish) classic started to drop behind as my lighter car with reduced 2WD drivetrain losses and plenty of torque pulled away. At that time I had 130/228, now I'm running 180/312 so a rematch is on the cards to see if the mighty Scoob can cope once more against my diesel Skoda Spent the rest of that day troubling Scoobs on track, twice overtaking a showboating 500bhp monster

The answer to this if its anything like my classics then 5th gear at 60mph not a lot happens tbh any reasonably powered car will beat a turbo car off boost and in the wrong gear. Remember the top gear EVo vs Stilo test and it was a 1.6 stilo the stilo won
Old 11 February 2008, 12:12 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Its not suprising, Blobeyes are laggy lard buckets with gear ratios that IMO don't help (although UK classics were alot worse for gear ratios -STi-RA was the best...just needed a 6th gear for the m'way ).

If it really matters: Dump the blob eye and buy a well sorted Classic Impreza, or throw (alot) of money on your Blob.

Or just buy a Focus RS instead

Last edited by Shark Man; 11 February 2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11 February 2008, 12:43 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by projectsubaru
The answer to this if its anything like my classics then 5th gear at 60mph not a lot happens tbh any reasonably powered car will beat a turbo car off boost and in the wrong gear. Remember the top gear EVo vs Stilo test and it was a 1.6 stilo the stilo won
Agree, the scooby was just caught off the turbo by a car with a lot of torque low down in the rev range. 60mph isn't enough for meaningful acceleration in 5th gear in a scooby!! You need to drive to the characteristics of the power delivery. A diesel will pull from 1500rpm, Scoobies really want 3000 and above. Once there though, the VRS would have been left for dust.

Ns04

Quick Reply: rs focus