Sponsored by:

WRSport pricing advice please.

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2008, 01:44 PM
stormmy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRSport pricing advice please.

Hi guys, i'm looking to put my MY00 WRSport on the market, however I have no idea about what sort of price to start at.

Guess I should say a little more about the car so you guys can help. As posted it's a 'Y' reg MY00 WRSport, it's Mica red, it's covered 72,000 miles, it's taxed and MOT'ed till August '08. The service history is till 56,000 miles and from there I have serviced it myself.

For those who are not sure what a WRSport is i'll explain, The car is a MY00 Subaru Impreza World Rally Prodrive Edition. These cars were built to order by Prodrive, to the very similar spec as the rather rare RB5 WR. Basically the car is a UK Turbo Impreza that was taken direct to Prodrive from the production line. It was then fitted with ALL of the Prodrive Extras including the Prodrive Performance Pack (PPP), Prodrive Handling Pack, Prodrive Styling Pack and the Prodrive Interior Pack. I have the WR Certificate to prove this is indeed a WR plus the car has all of the original Internal and External 'WR' Badging.

Prodrive Performance Pack - In standard form the PPP Impreza boosts power from standard UK output of 217bhp and 219 ft/lb torque to 240bhp & 255 ft/lb torque. The PPP consists of a revised ECU, improved Intercooler Pipework and uprated Exhaust. However as previously mentioned the WRSport also has the following fitted to it:

Prodrive Handling Pack - Prodrive Quickshift, Prodrive/Sti stamped suspension consisting of Eibach Springs and Bilstein Dampers.

Prodrive External Pack - Colour Coded Skirts and Mirrors, 17 inch Gold PD7 Speedline Alloys shod with Yokohama Parada rubber, PIAA Driving Lamps, Exclusive 'WR' Prodrive Rear Wing.

Prodrive Interior Pack - Momo Gear ****, Arista Electric Recaro 'Sport' Seats with Lumbar support and full complimenting door cards etc, Prodrive Mats.

On top of all the Prodrive mods there are few other subtle mods, and these are as follows:

Crystal pack lights (Front & side indicators and side lights).
Green Panel Filter.
Magnecor KV85 Ignition Leads.
Twin A-Pillar Mount with Autometer Phantom Boost and AFR Gauges.
Kenwood Stereo with 10 disk multichanger.
Samco Turbo Hoses.
Goodridge Braided Brake Lines with front drilled and groved discs.
Whiteline Uprated rear Drop Links.
Whiteline Anti Lift Kit.

This is a link to the WRSport referance manual for further infomation. http://www.subaru-impreza.org/downlo...F%20MANUAL.pdf

Thank-you in advance for your assistance,

Stormmy.

Last edited by stormmy; 09 February 2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09 February 2008, 05:32 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

General consensus is that it is worth the same as any other UK Turbo of the same age, so on a good private sale maybe £5 - 5.5K maximum.

The Prodrive extras may make it sell easier as they were 'official mods', but dont really add anything valuewise - certainly nothing like they cost to put on the car when it was new ( IIRC the fully kitted out WR was nearly £35K ! ).
Old 09 February 2008, 06:27 PM
scoobmeister
Scooby Regular

If its a straight unmolested car I would be looking to get more than a standard UK Turbo price for it, There are very few of them out there,
Old 09 February 2008, 08:02 PM
stormmy
Scooby Regular

Little surprised at £5-5.5K as a max, seen good classic's go for more. I was wondering, even hoping it might be worth similar money to the RB5, since apart from colour it's almost the same car.

That would make it more like £6.5-7k, but then I did post hear to get some advice as I really don't know. I have just looked, there are four RB5's on Autotrader, 2 private, 2 trade, they are all going for £7.5-8k, is that expencive?

Scoobmeister I happy to report it is a very straight, and very much unmolested car, really tidy example IMHO....

Last edited by stormmy; 09 February 2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09 February 2008, 08:17 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

With new-age Scoobs selling for IRO £5k now I can't see you realising a massive premium on a WRS. Sure, they were rare, with only 25 available each year from 97-00 meaning only 100 ever making it amongst the rarest of Scoobs. It's downfall is the fact that hardly anyone knows about them so they carry no street-cred. RB5's were marketed on the back of a rallying hero triumphing in his field and captured the imagination, and his untimely demise has possibly bolstered values a little too. To most, a WRS is just a UK Turbo with a full options list. A mate of mine had one and I've seen others come up for sale and they just don't muster much interest I'm afraid. Harsh, but IMHO true, sorry. A quick look on Pistonheads and you'll see nearly 1000 Scoobs for sale, AT has many, many more. The market is flooded and thus selling anything but a mint, cherished, special and rare car is a PITA. Expect a long wait for a buyer and lots of derisory offers in the meantime, but I really do hope you find an enthusiast whom appreciates that it is a great example of a good car.
Old 10 February 2008, 08:25 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

corradoboy has backed up what I said really - yes, the WR was a very special car when fitted with the full kit, but most people wont know this so you would need to find someone who specifically wanted one and knew what they were buying.

There are so many Imprezas of similar age around for sale at the moment that most people are going to buy on price, and not pay £2K extra for a car they havent heard of. Also, you may see lots of cars advertised at various prices, but that doesnt mean they'll sell for that !

Cars in dealers may typically be a grand or so more than a private sale, but the dealers know they will get haggled down a bit, plus they can make up the difference on part ex's etc...

And just so you know I'm not being funny about the car, mine is the non WR version of the WR, i.e. it had most of the options fitted, but not all of them - at the time you could pick and choose from the list of options when you bought a new car if you didnt want to go for the full lot. Mine has everything fitted except the interior pack as the seats are standard.