In other words,

"Hi there. I have a shed for sale. Please buy it!"

LMAO
Old 08 February 2008, 01:30 PM
lovinmescoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like this bit , made me chuckle

"It has Afterburner style LED rear clusters fitted, but not painted, although I have some paint in the shed."

Is it gloss or emulsion????
Old 08 February 2008, 08:17 PM
collierm
Scooby Regular

This is a TTS members car. The guys name is Paul. He's tried to be as honest as possible and he's had some of the ****tiest luck going with this car. Its now all sorted,but its cost him a fortune and I think he just wants to end the whole sorry affair.

Fraser - Its not a shed, its now a sorted good car.

Lovin - Think it would have been obvious from the post its the correct paint.
Old 08 February 2008, 08:38 PM
craigyp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by collierm
This is a TTS members car. The guys name is Paul. He's tried to be as honest as possible and he's had some of the ****tiest luck going with this car. Its now all sorted,but its cost him a fortune and I think he just wants to end the whole sorry affair.

Fraser - Its not a shed, its now a sorted good car.

Lovin - Think it would have been obvious from the post its the correct paint.
know what ya sayin m8
but come on abit to trueful i may think??
Old 08 February 2008, 09:05 PM
collierm
Scooby Regular

Cynicism is not a nice trait

Check on www.tyneteesscoobies.co.uk, his username is wrxpaul, read his posts, nightmare central.
Old 08 February 2008, 09:18 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Have to say, it sounds like a seller being as honest as possible!!!

Dan
Old 08 February 2008, 10:21 PM
WRXPaul79
Scooby Regular

Thanks Matt My turn now..... Some ***** just read and assume I am some ***** trying to sell a cr*p car then ??? I could tell you the whole story, but you aren't worth my time, so what I will say is; How can you be TOO honest? I have spent a fortune on this car, and no longer have the money to keep it, but would NEVER knowingly sell someone something in cr*p condition. THIS is why my advert reads as it does, HONESTY. Ask "Speye91" about the Carbon STI strut brace I travelled 40 miles to sell him for £20. Ask "Stickmeup" from TTS about the multi card reader I gave him just to help him out. I don't really give a sh*t what your opinions are as they are totally based on your small mindedness and I probably will never meet most of you, but if my car is a shed, please take the time to find out WHO did the work and WHERE it was done, THEN tell HIM what a shed my car is, I think most of you t*ssers will be clamped then...............
Old 08 February 2008, 10:26 PM
WRXPaul79
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fraser87uk
In other words,

"Hi there. I have a shed for sale. Please buy it!"

LMAO
Nope, in other words, "I have just spent £1100 having my car sorted by a VERY good and reputable man, if you wish to buy it bid, if not go yourself"
Old 08 February 2008, 10:28 PM
WRXPaul79
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lovinmescoob
Like this bit , made me chuckle

"It has Afterburner style LED rear clusters fitted, but not painted, although I have some paint in the shed."

Is it gloss or emulsion????
Nope, it is actually a quarter litre, of 262 Subaru silver as found on the car, along with a half litre of clear laquer (Autopaints) and a hardener etc.....
Old 08 February 2008, 10:29 PM
WRXPaul79
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by craigyp

know what ya sayin m8
but come on abit to trueful i may think??
So you make friends and build up your ebay feedback by ermmmm, scamming and lying????
Old 08 February 2008, 10:30 PM
WRXPaul79
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Have to say, it sounds like a seller being as honest as possible!!!

Dan

Thanks Theres ermmmm, ONE to me plus Matt makes TWO. Any more for any more?????????
Old 08 February 2008, 10:39 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Ha ha pissed on there bonfire WRXpaul. SN full of tossers as usual
Old 08 February 2008, 10:43 PM
WRXPaul79
Scooby Regular

hmmmmmmm.........
Old 08 February 2008, 10:45 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

I read the advert and I just think you bought a ****e car,spent money and now had enough.

Good luck with your sale.................
Old 08 February 2008, 10:52 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The line between comedy and tragedy can be a fine one!
Old 08 February 2008, 10:54 PM
serpico
Scooby Regular

Quality! Seems funny but at the same time sad as you got lumbered with a duff scoob that you had to spend hard earn coin to fix. Anyway thats what I call one honest person! Makes a refreshing change
Old 08 February 2008, 10:59 PM
WRXPaul79
Scooby Regular

Thanks to those with support, but; what happened to the "*****"?????lol They probably account for most of the 13 people watching the auction. Maybe as they have nothing else better to do with their lives???
Old 09 February 2008, 12:49 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

I don't get it, what's wrong with the ad, maybe I missed something.

I thought it was well written, had better grammer than 80% of the posters on here and convinced me the car was now sorted.

I am going through my own nightmare of sorts, kerbed the car on one side, after a couple of trips to two different garages to get it sorted I am now out of pocket to the tune of £1200 (found other problems I wasn't happy with and ended up sorting those) but I know if and when I do sell the car it will be well and truely sorted both mechanically and body wise.
Old 09 February 2008, 07:32 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with the 'Honest' team.
Perfectly reasonable advert, straight and true.

An Impreza turbo with a bit of remedial work, a lot of good parts changed for that price?
A deal IMHO.

Good luck with the sale, and I hope a genuine buyer arrives with the right money for you.
Old 09 February 2008, 07:50 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Interesting post - I have to agree that the ad may just be too honest. I'm sure the car does run well now, and is sorted - but the main thing that people will think about, regardless of whether they believe in it, is that maybe the car is a 'jinxed' car and it will continue to go wrong. After all, there is a lot more that could go wrong, and that will weigh on their minds.

I know it is cheap, but then again, it has cost you a lot and anyone spending this money will be wary of ending up having to spend the same amount again. It generally stands to reason that if you pay £2k for a car, you probably cannot afford much more, thus do not want to end up paying the same amount again on it.

Then if you are going to take the picture of your car (and just the one picture mind, which hardly helps) in front of another potential 'shed', and then tell people you 'will not meet for viewings', so it is very much sold unseen, you are hardly doing your self any favours.

Tell me, do you honestly (pun intended) feel that by being honest in your ad, you are attracting buyers and in the same ad, then say you will not not meet for viewings and that you 'may have missed some details'? There is honesty but it then sounds like you want people to buy unseen...

Sorry, but while I see the humour of others on here, I do see that you are creating a rod for your own back. Just my thoughts though - and hope you do sell and ebay has a few bids already!
Old 09 February 2008, 09:06 AM
WRXPaul79
Scooby Regular

No what it means is, I won't meet up somewhere. If they want to view, theres nothing stopping someone coming here, I am just wary of a lot of scams recently and don't fancy meeting a big bouncer and his 4 mates, only to have my car taken off me........... The ad actually does say, if you want come and view Someone else didn't read properly before posting?

Last edited by WRXPaul79; 09 February 2008 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Add extra details
Old 09 February 2008, 09:13 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Johnny E
I read the advert and I just think you bought a ****e car,spent money and now had enough.

So did I. Hope it sells for you.

I'd FAR rather someone was honest in an advert. My youngest bought a CatC write off and wasn't told. (Yeah, I know, he should have checked, but 18 yr olds know everything).

Turned out OK for him in the end, but NOT for the dealer he sold it to........

Alcazar
Old 09 February 2008, 09:14 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by T5OLF
Ha ha pissed on there bonfire WRXpaul. SN full of tossers as usual
Errrrrrm..........not FULL, no

Alcazar
Old 09 February 2008, 09:18 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Let's all be honest though, would you buy a car that has had so much go wrong with it? I wouldn't. What's next? Gearbox? Big-ends?

If you really want to sell it, then i'm sorry, but the add is almost saying that it is the most unlucky car on earth!
Old 09 February 2008, 09:23 AM
WRXPaul79
Scooby Regular

Okay everyone I give up. I take it the general consensus amongst you is LIE? Then if I ever buy a Scooby again, I will be sure to check that it isnt an SN member I buy from then.............
Old 09 February 2008, 09:51 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXPaul79
No what it means is, I won't meet up somewhere. If they want to view, theres nothing stopping someone coming here, I am just wary of a lot of scams recently and don't fancy meeting a big bouncer and his 4 mates, only to have my car taken off me........... The ad actually does say, if you want come and view Someone else didn't read properly before posting?
I'm sure you are right and most of us are wrong - but I've looked again and cannot see where you openly invite people to come and view. But can clearly see, in the last paragraph, where you say 'I will not meet for viewings' - regardless of what you meant, this is what it says, and it is enough to put people off.

Trouble is, as you neglected to answer the other comments, this is what people will look at. There are hundreds of Impreza's to choose from, so why would someone risk anything with yours when you cap off the description with you are not willing to meet. You give one photo (when people expect loads more), you are very honest (I commend you but do not think this is what will sell a car), and provide too much description.

I'm sure the car is decent now, but it's a risk at that age. Then add on all the problems you have had, the intense descriptions of how you dented the door with your knee, and people think different (and generally negative) thoughts.

If you think telling the truth and lying are two (and the only two) distinct things, then you have a problem. Not being honest does not make you a liar. I just don't think you need to say everything in so much detail or be descriptive (since you have been). Then end up with something that says you may have missed details!

You should take all the comments as constructive criticism, and amend the ad if you want to sell, because I doubt you will. Or you could go off in a huff!

Last edited by mightyyid; 09 February 2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09 February 2008, 09:53 AM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny E

Likewise
Old 09 February 2008, 10:06 AM
WRXPaul79
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mightyyid
I'm sure you are right and most of us are wrong - but I've looked again and cannot see where you openly invite people to come and view. But can clearly see, in the last paragraph, where you say 'I will not meet for viewings' - regardless of what you meant, this is what it says, and it is enough to put people off.

Trouble is, as you neglected to answer the other comments, this is what people will look at. There are hundreds of Impreza's to choose from, so why would someone risk anything with yours when you cap off the description with you are not willing to meet. You give one photo (when people expect loads more), you are very honest (I commend you but do not think this is what will sell a car), and provide too much description.

I'm sure the car is decent now, but it's a risk at that age. Then add on all the problems you have had, the intense descriptions of how you dented the door with your knew, and people think different (and generally negative) thoughts.

If you think telling the truth and lying and two (and the only two) distinct things, then you have a problem. Not being honest does not make you a liar. I just don't think you need to say everything in so much detail or be descriptive (since you have been). Then end up with something that says you may have missed details!

You should take all the comments as constructive criticism, and amend the ad if you want to sell, because I doubt you will. Or you could go off in a huff!
if you want it, come and view or bid to buy and collect.
^^^^^ Copied and pasted directly from the advert, last time I looked, COME AND VIEW meant as it reads............

Quick Reply: How not to advertise an Impreza