Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many others taken motorway debris damage?

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2008, 02:29 AM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many others taken motorway debris damage?

I was on the M61 last week when a nice piece of metal flew up from under a Passat i was behind. Cleaned out my number plate, spanked into my bumper, smashed a piece off of my grille and finally, , left a lovely imprint on my bonnet with some go faster dents aswell.

Now back in Plymouth its gonna cost me £200 to get the bonnet and bumper back to normality, not bad to be fair....Could have been worse, could have been through the windscreen and into me, cheaper tho, its only a £50 excess

TREAT!!!
Old 08 February 2008, 02:36 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

i hit a lump of wood probably a 2 x 4 doing 70 once on the motorway which had probably fallen off the back of a lorrie, knocked my steering and suspension on the drivers side all to f**k
Old 08 February 2008, 06:55 AM
D-an-W
Scooby Regular

I once had a 8' x 4' panel of MDF come off the roof of a van (Going the opposite way!) and smash through my screen and roof. It was a Clio company vehicle I was in the time and apart from scaring me sh!tless and a few cuts and glass in my eye I was OK!
Old 08 February 2008, 09:18 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Had a traffic cone hit me last week. lorry squashed it and it spun out straight into the car. Luckily it only seems to have hit the front lip but still took a chunk of paint out and left a scratch.

roadworks and 50mph speed limit might have helped keeped the damage down.

5t.
Old 08 February 2008, 10:16 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i nailed a cardboard box that i had no chance of avoiding, luckily it was empty and shattered when i hit it, had to stop to take bits out that were cuaght underneath, nothing but a few minor scratchs on mine, so sorry to hear had less luck
Old 08 February 2008, 10:20 AM
fraser87uk
Scooby Regular

Had the canope parts of an Artic truck fly over me an hit the car behind.
Old 08 February 2008, 12:08 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I once had a piece of tyre fly up and hit my o/s wingmirror, knocking it out of line.

As I put my hand out of the window at 70mph to adjust it back, my watch strap broke and my watch flew off onto the M1, never to be seen again.

Can anyone else beat THAT for bizarre??

moff 1888: I hope you took the opportunity to nail it past a few forward-facing scameras?

Alcazar
Old 08 February 2008, 12:18 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I once had a piece of tyre fly up and hit my o/s wingmirror, knocking it out of line.

As I put my hand out of the window at 70mph to adjust it back, my watch strap broke and my watch flew off onto the M1, never to be seen again.

Can anyone else beat THAT for bizarre??

moff 1888: I hope you took the opportunity to nail it past a few forward-facing scameras?

Alcazar
Sorry buddy but that watch story would bring a tear to a glassed eye man, again sorry very funny but yeah very bizarre.

As for the cameras, nope. As soon as it happened i pulled over on the hard shoulder with a teeeny spot of rage and had to choose between breaking my foot on the barrier or throwing my Oakleys into the woods. I decided t do none of the above
Old 08 February 2008, 12:21 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate but that really made me chuckle
Old 08 February 2008, 02:12 PM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Had somthing hit my STi just after I had picked it up brand new from the dealers !

Fortunatley only left a light mark on the plastic surrounding the grill, but you should have heard me swear.
Old 08 February 2008, 04:52 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by D-an-W
I once had a 8' x 4' panel of MDF come off the roof of a van (Going the opposite way!) and smash through my screen and roof. It was a Clio company vehicle I was in the time and apart from scaring me sh!tless and a few cuts and glass in my eye I was OK!
Had a sheet of thin metal come off a lorry i was following on the M4, it hung in the air behind the lorry for what seemed ages (probably just a second or so though as my life was flashing in front of me ) and then dropped to the road as i drove over it, to say it scared me sh!tless would be a understatement , think the company never got rid of the smell in the car after that incident
Old 08 February 2008, 06:22 PM
D-an-W
Scooby Regular

I was queueing in traffic at the time, the MDF shot up in the air and as you say, floated about for an age! Then I began to think, that's going to bloody hit me...followed by an almighty bang and the windscreen exploding in my face