Sponsored by:

New Tracking System

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2008, 10:36 PM
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tracking System

I picked up my new Sti today and asked the normal question about who would notify Tracker and had it been activated yet and got given this bizarre red envelope with the details of a new system they are using. The booklet doesn't explain how the thing works particularly well but appears to be on credits like a mobile phone. Anyone got any experience of these, how do they work, what do I need to do because the dealer didn't seem to know and are they better or worse than the old Tracker system?

I was also told I didn't need to run the car in either, is this what others were told? First Sti I have had with PPP and the difference in the sound alone is amazing but haven't risked letting it loose yet as I'm a bit worried about not having to run it in.
Old 08 February 2008, 01:54 PM
mollymai
Scooby Regular

Have just spoken to my local dealer who says I shouldn't take the car over 4000rpm. Also discovered the new tracking systems are a Meta which I have never heard of and that Subaru are apparently going back to Trackers on the new ones.
Old 08 February 2008, 02:08 PM
darren...
Scooby Regular

Alarm system is a Metasat which is linked to your mobile - you can immobilise the car / find out where it is etc by sending a text message to it.

Running in - no more than 4000 rpm or two thirds throttle for the first 1000 miles, then the service (oil change) then the fun