Sponsored by:

WRC

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2008, 10:50 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRC

With the WRC returning this weekend i have been scanning the Sky+ listings for coverage and unless i'm missing something i can only find it on DAVE ???
Eurosport who normally cover each day aren't listing anything and ITV2,3,4 appear to have ditched it also.

I remember a few years ago Mr D. Richards was looking raise the profile of WRC, I guess he failed.

Nik.
Old 21 January 2008, 11:00 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I saw a preview yesterday on Dave about the 2008 WRC, hilighting drivers and Monaco etc

Tony
Old 21 January 2008, 11:03 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hello mate i think the problem is its so hard to follow i love wrc but think i only managed to catch one of last years rounds just by chance if it was on sundays after eight or the same time one evening a week we would all watch it i get peed off with it as usually come in or turn over just as it going off love it but always miss it
Old 21 January 2008, 11:17 PM
HUDDERS1
Scooby Regular

hi mate it will be on eurosport has usual , just checked their website for tv schedule.
Old 22 January 2008, 01:54 AM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

Perhaps Dave will give it the recognition a lot of us think it deserves. ITV just couldn't be arsed, and it showed in their random time slot and mass repeats of 'highlights' and 'specials'

If we must endure the watered down, 2 1/2 day, p1ss-poor dozen car Mickey Mouse cack event that is now the WRC, at least give us it at a decent and constant time.

Dave should cover some of the retro events taking place around the country too. The assorted rally days, and the RAC rally to name just a few. If people watch it'll bring in sponsors, and that can help make these events into something worth doing.

I can't be the only person that misses the long nights watching proper cars tearing round Kielder, Dalby, et-al.
Old 22 January 2008, 08:46 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

> at least give us it at a decent and constant time

With events taking place around the world and finishing mid-day Sunday it's going to be hard to give coverage at a decent and consistent time unless you wait for the following weekend. While I agree with your sentiments I'd prefer to aim for coverage on the day and accept that sometimes this means unsocial times.

If they wait for the following weekend then by the time it comes on you've read coverage in autosport and muttering nudes and it's all old news. Perhaps cover it on the day at whatever time it takes for the enthusiasts and repeat it at a decent and constant time the following weekend for the less committed?

As it's not on freesat I went out and bought a freeview box (and a new aerial...) just to watch Dave's WRC coverage. I thought the preview this weekend was very good, a balanced mix of technical stuff for us enthusiasts and introduction for the novices. Looking forward to the event coverage starting at 18:00 on Sunday 27th.
Old 22 January 2008, 10:24 AM
hmmyip
Scooby Regular

Problem for me is that we cant get freeview where I live!!!!

So I am gonna miss the rallying this year boo hoo.......

We have sky freeview (Not subscribed) but 'dave' says I have to ring sky and upgrade my subscription.

Not a happy bunny...

Trending Topics

Old 22 January 2008, 11:23 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Just saw a massive billboard with the WRC advertised to be on Dave.

I also remeber Mr Richards trying to raise the profile. There were a few split/live timed stages on TV, which were kinda interesting, then it all faded away to ITV2,3,4,36.
Old 22 January 2008, 11:46 PM
MadDogWRX
Scooby Regular

World Rally Championship - News - British WRC fans have a new friend in Dave

some details here for you all.