Sponsored by:

Driving Experience recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2008, 01:02 PM
Drift_King
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Driving Experience recommendation

Went to Silverstone yesterday for the single seater experience they do.....got to say....absolutely mint! Couldn't fault it one bit. Weather held nicely so it was cloudy with a little bit of sun, breezy but best of all - the track was almost dry apart from a couple of bits.

I have done a couple of different rally experiences in Wales, an Evo "track" experience (5laps!) and driven to Le Mans in a high speed convoy of supercars (with me in my WRX) but I have to say this topped them all.

Had 20mins of talk on safety and techniques to get the most out of it, then went over to the Stowe circuit (which is inside the Silverstone track) and it is a proper circuit with curbs and the lot - not an airfield with poxy little cones marking it out! Got a lid and gloves and jumped in a 140bhp formula Ford (500kg!) with 4 speed H-box. 12 of us in my session, 4 lined up behind 3 Audi A3 pace cars. Had a few laps going around in a 4 behind an Audi, pitted and swapped the order around and did it again (this was meant to be 20mins in total, but not sure actual, felt a little too long due to the snail in front of me (no overtaking at this point). Pitted again, then they set us off on free lapping (for again supposedly 20mins but felt like longer), leaving the pits one at a time with not much of a gap. What a blast....marshals on corners blue flagging people to get out of my way all the time, thought I was pretty much untouchable after what felt like overtaking everyone and catching up to the back markers again, until I got blue flagged...I thought it was a mistake then saw someone right behind me...what the f**k ) Let him go and chased him around seeing only a small section where he was quicker. Ah well, he must have done it before I'll tell myself

So apart from me not being all conquering (but very fast all the same), this is highly recommended and I would say good value for money at £155. Book direct on Silverstone website though cos some companies are charging you £20 to book for you! I don't think you would get as much enjoyment out of any other experience on a value for money basis.

PS. Was the Blue Blobeye in the carpark at 11am (other than mine) anyones on here?