Sponsored by:

MOT's and Scooby Sport Exhaust Systems?

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2002, 10:58 AM
Mr Bian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

My mot is due on my MY99 soon. I've got a scooby sport backbox and downpipe and am wondering how it will fair on emissions testing and the like?

Any ideas?

Cheers
Old 18 January 2002, 11:33 AM
Rob Mo
Scooby Regular

presuming you have a cat still on the mid section, and decatted downpipe, I have heard that a 'good' run before emissions test may well be enough to get you through.

there are lots of people, with lots more knowledge and experience than I, but worst case scenario, speak to Pete @ scoobysport, book it in for an MOT with them (they get it done round the corner to them), and if the emissions are a little high Pete and crew have the ability to get a 'diesel' () past the test, won't say what they do in case they don't like their skills advertised

I have read in threads that other people have constructed or were trying to construct 'add on's' to the zaust system to resolve this....

anyway, enough said....

rob
Old 18 January 2002, 12:41 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Some pass, some don't. The hotter the better seems to be the best advice so give it a good hard run immediately prior to the test.

Get the MOT test before you actually need it, then if it does fail you've got time to resolve it !

My STi4 failed - I couldn't be bothered with all the swapping and fiddling that you can do and didn't want to have to do it every year and tell lies when I sell the car. So I bought a PE catted centre which works - it did cost £400 though !
Old 19 January 2002, 02:05 AM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

As Rob Mo says, Scoobysport have an amazing ability to sort out the emissions. I had the same worries too as I had the whole system fitted recently, however, having spoken to the guys there it's not a problem as long, 1)You can get it to the workshop, 2) have a day off work and (3) you have an extra £20 in your wallet.

Give'em a call,

Ed