Sponsored by:

my 95 wrx written off :(

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2007, 03:42 PM
cooky_likes_carbon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 95 wrx written off :(

well after 4 years of looking after her, only driving her in the summer months, always cleaning and general care and attention , on wedensday i had to drive her to work as my other car was gettin a new clutch and some dizzy bint in a yaris pulled out on me and ripped my baby to bits. from the front door backwards she managed to bend every panel, bent all the pillers and put a kink in the roof, not to mention nearside wheel axel thats snapped compleatly so the wheel is now horizontal and offside rear is also bent. cant see it coming back to life even if i wanted to.

my point apart from being gutted is what does anyone think the value is to an insurance company, where do u think there offer might be in the region off. It was very tidy before then, and only about 75-80000 miles on the clock.
Old 22 December 2007, 03:56 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Sad to hear this, I doubt it would be worth a lot to the insurance co. They will probably write it off.
Maybe you could buy it back if you fancied rebuilding it?
Old 22 December 2007, 04:08 PM
gaddass
Scooby Newbie

do a check with glasses guide online,thats what they work off(offering the lowest they can of course.)
Old 22 December 2007, 04:59 PM
cooky_likes_carbon
Scooby Regular

cant see it being able to repair, with the kink in the roof that would imply chassie damage so therefore not a safe repair so it would go to trade auction only.

you have to pay for glass's guide now and i'm so cheap er, i mean upset for that!
Old 22 December 2007, 05:52 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

my guess would be about £3500 max & a CAT B write off {i.e can be stripped for spares only not put back on the road}, look for some similar cars like yours on Autotrader and print them off so you can prove how much it would cost you to replace it, then you will have a better negotiating tool for getting the figure you want.

The basis behind my thought on cost was my 95 RA STi produced a settlement of £4250 after negotiations it had a few minor mods, new wheels etc and 95k on the clock, obviously I am not saying it was a better car but it was an STi not a WRX and not knowing if yours is a UK or import either would also make a slight difference. After all it is only my opinion.

I feel gutted for you anyway mate, as I know what it is like to have it taken from you {although mine was my fault }

Last edited by PaulC72; 22 December 2007 at 05:53 PM. Reason: wanted to add more :)
Old 22 December 2007, 05:55 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cooky_likes_carbon
cant see it being able to repair, with the kink in the roof that would imply chassie damage so therefore not a safe repair so it would go to trade auction only.

you have to pay for glass's guide now and i'm so cheap er, i mean upset for that!
Just so you know you can get a free Glasses guide price by using the vauxhall website under the value my car choice. not sure if it will cover 1995 cars though.
Old 22 December 2007, 06:26 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cooky_likes_carbon
well after 4 years of looking after her, only driving her in the summer months, always cleaning and general care and attention , on wedensday i had to drive her to work as my other car was gettin a new clutch and some dizzy bint in a yaris pulled out on me and ripped my baby to bits. from the front door backwards she managed to bend every panel, bent all the pillers and put a kink in the roof, not to mention nearside wheel axel thats snapped compleatly so the wheel is now horizontal and offside rear is also bent. cant see it coming back to life even if i wanted to.

my point apart from being gutted is what does anyone think the value is to an insurance company, where do u think there offer might be in the region off. It was very tidy before then, and only about 75-80000 miles on the clock.
Dont accept their first offer, as itll probably be derisory (and backed up by the Autotrader value of charvered-up WRX 'Wagons in Bradford).